@#$%!!!

Kama89

DIS Veteran
:mad: I can't stay online this morning! :mad: At least with the dial up, I was able to stay online! This STUPID satellite modem thingy is driving me nuts! I'm on one minute, then *poof* I'm off again! We call Starband tech support and they say all is well on their end. The only thing that seems to work, is to turn the modem off then back on again. I sometimes have to do this 5 or 6 times a day. *Excuse me while I stomp up and down, spit, scream and throw things for awhile* :mad:

@#$%@!!! *&%$^#!!! $%^+_@#!!!!

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) Modren techniolgy sucks big time, some times.............

complain.gif
;)

I had the very same problem, Kim, with my cable modem, after @home switched over to @attbi. Was CONSTANTLY having to turn modem of and on after loosing Net connection. Everything was fine on their end, but finally, a tech came out, changed some setting in the pc and NEVER had a problem since. Maybe check with tech to see if your settings are correctly set in accordance with what they need to be. Good luck.

I had that problem last night.:mad: Quit copying my problems.;) Want me to find Apolo for you and tell him to come hula with you and Timon?:teeth:

We had the same problem last week. They had to come out twice to fix it. The only way they could fix it was to give us cable in that outlet. They still can't figure out why and said we'll have the cable until they figure it out. good luck on fixing yours.

I had that problem last night. Quit copying my problems.
Ya-but....you're my hero Shannon. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. ;)

Want me to find Apolo for you and tell him to come hula with you and Timon?
Oh~Yes....wouldn't need a modem for that now, would I?!? ;) This modem could then die a painful death and I doubt if I'd even notice! :p

Dan, that's exactly what's happening here. Tom has been on with Starband tech support, several times and they've walked him through every possible area back to the registry settings or whatever the heck they're called...(I'm so technical :rolleyes: ) and they say that everything is set and configured perfectly. :mad: The odd thing is it seems to happen only in the morning. I come in here in the AM and it appears to be online. The minute I open IE, I'm booted off. I turn the modem off and then on, and all seems well...for about 15 minutes. This will happen 5 or 6 times, then it seems to settle down for the day. Could this be a conflict with IE? Ugh...I hate being a computer dipstick :rolleyes:

Kejoda, Are you on satellite as well? I wish they could set us up on cable while they looked into this. :( Cable isn't available here, and neither is DSL. It's satellite or dial up for us. :(

We have cable. attbi. Was very frustrated with them until they cam out to fix it. Can they come to your house?

Well Kim as you know I had the same trouble myself not too long ago... I have a hot temper so you can imagine how I reacted when I couldn't get on for two hours straight. So far after that cable modem of ours was switched out, we haven't had any trouble at all. Good luck and go up the chain on those tech support people because sometimes some have no idea what they can do to help. After talking with supervisor levels we finally got the answers we wanted :)

As far as I know, the only person available to come out here would be the dealer that sold and installed the equipment for us initially. We're getting a new computer (tower) today... switching from '98 Se to XP, etc... I'm hoping with the changes, maybe things will improve. If not, I guess we'll be going through the chain of command within tech support as you suggested Elaine.

we have cable but it sucks...it goes off and on...the wire in the back of the computer is ghetto and falls out alot :rolleyes:

Just imagine my shock and surprise when I see the title of this thread then glance at who wrote it. :eek: Is that my master writing dirty little phrases like that!?!?! Oh, the shame..... :o

I'm sorry to hear about your connection problems Kim. :( I don't like using IE, but that's just my preference. It could be an IE issue, the modem or even something like the weather (solar flares or cloud cover). Other than that, I dunno..... I hope the new PC helps out!!!! :)

We had the exact same problem with our DSL. We kept at it for a year but finally gave it all back and said enough! It kept kicking us off and sometimes would be down for hours. CO. said all was well on their end. @^$%^&%$@$$^@(! We switched to cable and it has been very reliable for us. Good luck!

Originally posted by Beanie
See what you get for stealing Green M&M's!! ;):)
LOL! That's right Beanie!!! You tell her! ;) :p

Kim, one thing I forgot to ask... is your e-mail affected by this? Check that as well. That is one way how we know if it is a web server issue, RoadRunner or something else. Also have you tried releasing & renewing your IP? If not (and you don't know how) go to your "Start" button then "Run..." type in winipcfg. It will bring up a little box and make sure your network card is selected then click "Release" and then "Renew" (or I think if you do "Release All" then "Renew All" you don't have to notice which you have selected). The only good this will tell you is if you can get an IP or not. With our cable modem we were sometimes able to get a good IP address (oh be sure to take note of what it is when you are online and working first) but still not be able to get on. Also ask if they can send a test signal out to your IP address to get readings. Ours was all whacko half the time when we called.

I do sincerely doubt that it is IE though. Really there isn't anything I can think of that would do that in IE especially if you are able to eventually get online. IE works best with Windows now. I used to despize IE but it honestly is the most stabel browser I have used on Windows. It could be weather and all that you get with sattelite connection so make note of that too when it happens. Really though I think you either have a fautly network card, cable, modem or whatever other physical hardware hooks you up. Of course that's just me and I am known to be wrong now and then ;)

Oh and if I said anything that is way off with the IP address and all just remember I am at work and am on NT and not 98 like at home. Hope I haven't lost you for now ;)

You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you.
Yeah. It's just another one of those kinky little quirks of mine. ;)

Jules, Have your brother stand back there and hold the cable for you while you Dis...that's what brothers are for. ;)

Jay, Sigh... I'm sorry you had to see this side of your Master's personality. :( I'm truly ashamed! Will you ever be able to forgive me? The problem is, if I can't get online, I can't see to my "Master'ing duties". Also.... if I could stay online, I might also be able to figure out what those duties are. :o
What is it about IE that you don't like, Jay?

Sonya, I'm glad you finally found a solution! Unfortunately, our only option is this or dial up and there's NO way I'm going back to dial up. LOL

Beanie, Just for that, I'm buying the factory back... I'm placing M&M guards around the factory 24/7, I'm going to enlist the help of the Greyside to protect my precious greenies, and I'm never sharing another greenie ever again. Sheesh... steal one little factory and the whole world turns against ya! ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Elaine, I know that Tom was running through the releasing and renewing thingamboby with tech support yesterday. All I know, is whatever they did, didn't work. The odd thing is, it seems to be EVERY morning for the first hour or so I come in here. You mentioned email issues... the same thing seems to happen whether I bring up Outlook first or IE. It will appear to be online, then the minute I bring up anything (IE or Outlook) it boots me off. This goes on for an hour, and then all seems fine for the rest of the day. :confused: I'm going to have Tom read what you posted here Elaine... it'll make more sense to him since he's been dealing with Tech support. :) You know me and computers. :rolleyes:

I forgot to add, we think it was the modem. We kept exchanging them and things would work for a month, and then they would go bad again. Keeping the modem cool helped extend the life a little longer. We would turn it off for awhile and that helped. DH also gave it it's own fan to keep it cool. We finally decided the modem was designed to overheat and b/c they were crappy quality they were going to continue to give out.

Originally posted by Kama89

Yeah. It's just another one of those kinky little quirks of mine. ;)
Heh heh heh..... I'll refrain from any comment here. The mods may not approve of my response. ;) *I* may not approve of my response!!! ;)

Originally posted by Kama89

Jay, Sigh... I'm sorry you had to see this side of your Master's personality. :( I'm truly ashamed! Will you ever be able to forgive me? The problem is, if I can't get online, I can't see to my "Master'ing duties". Also.... if I could stay online, I might also be able to figure out what those duties are. :o
What is it about IE that you don't like, Jay?
Sigh....I suppose this reaction was inevitable. That's okay. At least the kids were at school when it happened. Hey, wait.... it's still summer!! Oh, no! :eek: Somebody cover the kid's eyes!!!!

Hmmmm, how to forgive you....what to do, what to do...... A bunch of those M&Ms is a good start. Gotta get over my post-vacation depression somehow!!! That's as good as any way to start!!! ;)

I'm just not a fan of IE. To me, Netscape is a bit more user friendly. IE is fine an all, but I started w/ Netscape & just don't want to change. No major complaints, just personal preference. The only real complaint I have concerns Outlook. It seems that most viruses are aimed at it, therefore I avoid it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts