23fl Rockwood Roo

Wonder05

Mouseketeer
Rockwood Roo 23fl looks like might work for us.
Anybody have this model? Our area seems to list it anywhere from $25,000-28,000

Not sure if 2018 and 2019 are actually different.

Anyone have any input?

We’re looking at the hide a bed as someone can sleep there if need be.

Also looking at hybrid Jayco
And a travel trailer rear kitchen Jayco

Also the Jayco 29rks my mom is keen on this one because all the windows.
Gotta sleep My husband and
I and our three children ages 6,3,1 along with my parents.
Dad wants her to consider the 306 it’s the same different body more storage and upgrades. They want a booth. The 306 it’s listed $9,700 more has chairs so a booth is more?
I’ve pointed out the do not suceed this amount on the trailer but my dad’s like yeah that’s empty and not the GVW
huh? I thought that was the amount you Shouldn’t exceed.

The problem
Mom seeswoth the fl23 Roo is the awning is over the slide out (it has one on each side)

My Dad doesn’t want an Eagle HT because of what you need to tow it. I’m not sure what. I’ve
Mentioned to him that half ton generally isn’t what you want to tow with. He wants a new truck looking at around $40,000 on that. I know he was paging through the Jayco class C but ruled it out only seats 6 while driving or something.

Any input is appreciated

We were looking at the Roo's originally as well. We went with the Jayco X23B instead. We were checking them out at the RV show and the Jayco folks were simply better at product knowledge and knowing the deficiencies in their competitors. A few little things where the Jayco just did the details better. Whether or not it makes a difference in the long run only time will tell.
Anyhow.. The point being is that you're looking at a lot of very different trailers.
Comparing a 5th wheel to a Hybrid travel trailer is like comparing a small Korean sedan to a Lincoln Navigator. Yes.. They're both automobiles that will transport you.. but wow are they worlds apart.

Based on the number of people you have to put into it.. I don't think you'd be happy with the Roo or even with the Jayco like ours. We have 2 girls (13/10) and the Mrs and I. And it's tight. Yes. Technically we can sleep 2 more people on the dinette and another 2 on the Jackknife sofa.. But you're packed in like sardines at that point.

If you want to stay with a smaller hybrid look at the Jayco X23F or the Rockwood Roo/Shamrock 233S.. These models are Hybrids with a 3rd bed tip out on the side. I really like the hybrids due to the fact that you can REALLY open them up. All those great big windows really lets you get it open for fantastic views and breezes. And going with a Hybrid you get the same room in a much smaller trailer than with a regular hard sided trailer or 5th wheel.

Also.. What are you towing it with? We can pull our 23 ft Jayco just fine with our 2005 Expedition. When you start looking at bigger trailers you need to appropriately size your Tow vehicle as well.

The best scenario I could think of would be a TT or 5er with a 4 bunk bunkhouse with a couple double bunks and a bedroom. That way your family of 5 would be in the bunkhouse part and Mom and Dad would be in the bedroom. This would be a pretty good sized camper requiring at minimum a 2500 truck.

The 23fl we had all except my husband in when looking at it and the floor space is huge! [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
The issue was the awning is on the larger slide and this taking up most your campsite.

Yeah I’d like bunks actually for the kids. And the double bunks in the 29.5bhds it’s perfect for the children all our clothes and the kids will fit in that one. My dad thinks that for fifth wheel he will need a bigger truck (I’m thinking he’s need just as big for the 29rks. Mom loves all the windows.

Attachments

• F5CE483A-E5F8-4D61-8B8F-C6E2E1572A98.jpeg
    F5CE483A-E5F8-4D61-8B8F-C6E2E1572A98.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 17
I think 28.5bhds
Mom prefers the
29rks (being in the kitchen and not bumping into a kid and the windows) She says one or two kids sleep dining booth, one in pack in play and my husband and I on the sofa. She says it pulls completely out but I think that’s upgrade and comes with two-fold which I’m assuming isn’t the same.

Attachments

• 810F7E34-0B5B-4114-8CF9-58A799C3BB24.jpeg
    810F7E34-0B5B-4114-8CF9-58A799C3BB24.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 8
  • BF92C34C-B212-4552-8311-1FE71104BE55.jpeg
    BF92C34C-B212-4552-8311-1FE71104BE55.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!