26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

So, we did Jimmy Fallon on the VIP tour. Davy had had NO desire to do it. Then, he absolutely loved it. Made me ride it over and over. Last trip, we went for Kong mainly and he HATED it. LOL. You just never know!

Cont...........

We walked back home and went straight up and into the shower........did I mention how blazing hot it was today.......again, not complaining, but wow......even for us it was hot!! So a shower and change of clothes for me was desired........we had a drink of water as we had a couple left every night with turn down service......they`re a handy little size when you just want a glug of water.........we drank some Snapple too.......can`t resist that stuff.........

Once we were ready Tom got the car keys and both eyed them up......we really did compete to see who drove over here......we loved driving in Orlando.......I won today.......so I grabbed the keys and we stopped off at the desk first to ask about the so called expired room key........they had no idea........which was weird, but they took those and reissued us with new ones..........we were sure they`d be fine now. But now we were heading out for lunch......and Hooters was our choice today.......we like the food here, and service is always excellent.

It`s only a 5 minute drive to the one near Universal......we like this one as it`s not full of tourists (I know, I know) but it`s locals and today was no different......we were glad to see a family leave as we entered as their youngest was screaming like a banshee........missed that one......lol......

Tom thought I looked too hot and asked if I`d put blusher on.......really??? ..... but my face was very red.........the girl taking care of us overheard and said it was a healthy glow......lol.....I liked her........

i-PDF3ghc-XL.jpg

We ordered strawberry lemonades......these are so nice, actually Tom got mango not strawberry.......and we looked at the menu.....there is so much to choose from here........we would definitely be a while......our waitress assured us there was no rush......... eventually Tom decided on Buffalo Chicken Sandwich extra hot with curly fries and I chose boneless wings (chicken pieces to you and I) with Daytona Hot sauce.......and salad.......turns out I could have gone hotter with the choice of sauce......but it was lovely........just not as spicy as I would have liked.....

We wait for the food and just sit and chat.......about our time here so far and how genuinely far away NY seemed now.......and it did seem so far away......but for now I was being brought another lemonade just before our food arrived.......it was good!!!

i-x5w2TBX-XL.jpg

i-gwbLTM5-XL.jpg

i-nc4BKNk-XL.jpg

It was all lovely......I think Tom`s was better than mine though........and hotter!!! He did have water in his eyes eating at towards the end......but he managed it......I wished I had chosen whatever that was.........he really enjoyed it though, we both did.

We had no room for dessert as usual.......so we paid our check and thanked her.......now we were heading to Mall at Millenia........

I was driving today and was loving it.......I swear I could drive from one end of America to the other........it`s not just because it`s an automatic, as both our cars at home are automatic and we have driven an auto for many years, it`s just so easy and open........and Tom of course had to capture the moment....then gave me into trouble for taking my eyes off the road.......men.......

i-h5MjzXH-XL.jpg

We arrived there in no time at all......it`s so close by......but the roadworks are dreadful........and still nowhere near being finished.....I`m sure it`ll be worth it in the end though........

We park up and head towards the entrance..........picture time of course.......

i-pJZHwxn-XL.jpg

i-gkmDSFX-XL.jpg

I didn't think Tom was going to let me even hold the camera today!!

We wandered in and today I just wasn't feeling it..........I had a slight headache all of a sudden and wondered if there was msg in the sauce I had eaten......I hadn't asked as it hadn't entered my head......but then the palpitations started and I knew it was. So we turned around and headed back home.......this would be our shortest mall visit ever........this was one reason we stopped going to Applebee`s years ago, they use msg in so many dishes. But I knew this would pass quickly. This was my own fault though for not checking.........

I got back into room and headache had worsened, but I took two pain tablets and lay down for 10 minutes......and woke up an hour later........strangely enough as soon as I opened my eyes the ipad Skype sound went......it was Kyle, how spookily coincidental, well, I thought it was........Tom spoke to him while I splashed my face....I felt better now........we chatted for ages........he told us about his day and what was going on....which wasn't much really at home......it was just nice to talk to him.....but soon we were dumped as he was going to watch football.........so we said we would chat in a couple of days........I so loved being able to talk to him on Skype.....so much better than a phone........

So we then freshened up and went up to the Club Lounge........I had a coffee before the wine was put out......I needed some caffeine I think........

Tonight we were eating at Red Lobster........we loved it here, though some found it funny we liked it.......it was cheap and cheerful and we never missed going every year.........we still opted to go to the one down at the Convention centre........it was always busy and the staff were so nice........

But I had some wine and admired the food choices tonight.........the lounge was again so quiet......but as soon as the wine and food was out folks appeared.....but I did get some pictures before anyone attacked it........

i-stDSr9x-XL.jpg

i-FvcV9R6-XL.jpg

i-wNmQFgF-XL.jpg

i-WZXkNGM-XL.jpg

i-Q8kmhg3-XL.jpg

I can`t remember the hot dish as we weren't eating it...........but we did have some olives, a little salad especially the hot peppers in it and a little cheese with biscuits........it was a nice little appetizer as it was a few hours yet till we ate..........

Tom stuck with sprite, but I enjoyed several glasses of wine that were topped up almost as soon as one was finished :D........the attention you receive in here is second to none......and always with a smile and conversation.........we really did enjoy our time in the lounge. I noticed a man walk in and immediately recognized him from the previous years......his name was Taylor and he had come to say hi to us....he had heard we were back.......he was a supervisor/manager too but was moving over to Sapphire Falls that week to enhance his experience.......he was another that it was a pleasure to see again, always a nice person to chat to and catch up on them. We told him we would hopefully see him before he moved over.

By now the lounge was almost empty.......most had got food and left.......so as usual we were still there and chatting away to the staff........the lounge is so nice though to sit in.......I took these just before the food was set out......so very quiet.......

i-QwSx2xz-XL.jpg

i-q4ZZnWZ-XL.jpg

i-SgVxjw5-XL.jpg

i-5QLKPxP-XL.jpg

We headed downstairs and walked out to the car........it was again such a lovely evening......I could never tire of this place.......

I do return the compliment of taking a picture of Tom driving........

i-LwzgQjm-XL.jpg

The drive to Red Lobster takes around 10 minutes depending on traffic........and tonight we were lucky with lights and such......we drive down IDrive......there are some nice bits here, but the top end where wet and wild used to be was tacky beyond belief.......they really need to start again with this part........but further down it`s quite nice with some lovely restaurants to visit. And of course the eye area is lovely with what they have done.

i-D6L2QTF-XL.jpg

We arrive in exactly 10 minutes.......it looks busy as always but not too bad, so we hoped we wouldn't have to wait......although our olives and cheese mix had kept the hunger at bay so far.......but as soon as we walked in we both got very hungry indeed........

We got seated straight away and again rather weirdly, were sat at the same table as the previous 2 years.........what are the chances........but, we like this table as I can see the cheese biscuits being made........lush!!!!

Our waitress is the same woman we have had last 2 years.......a very nice lady who immediately says she has served us before.......well a good chance I suppose but she then remembers Tom`s name.......now I am impressed!!!! As I said this restaurant isn't the fanciest or expensive, but its homely and food is sooooo good.........we were looking forward to this tonight.......

Tom orders strawberry lemonade for both of us and then smiles........yes.........I am ordering the strawberry lobsterita........I love this cocktail!!!! My mother was mortified at the size of it when I ordered it in NYC a couple of years ago......lol.....she doesn't drink at all.....don`t know where I get it from :P.........it is huge........it arrives with our delicious but addictive cheese biscuits.......we had eaten 2 by the time we took a picture..........

i-jDPV5fH-XL.jpg

i-3vsQJqh-XL.jpg

After much searching we decided not to have appetisers.......hard choice though as they have a huge shrimp cocktail I love and amazing crab cakes, and a few other things we could easily eat......but no....we would be good............Tom decided to go for endless shrimp........and just a salad.......he didn't want to bag up on anything else.......I went for stuffed halibut with a side of scallops and whipped sweet potato.........and of course the salads came with honey mustard........and she whispered she didn't mind if we shared the shrimp........you weren't supposed to....yeah right.......

i-cSQmgNp-XL.jpg

i-9tvQgpC-XL.jpg

i-nX2QVXk-XL.jpg

Tom`s endless shrimp was the garlic shrimp and Nashville hot......he wasn't keen on the deep fried hot ones......but preferred the regular kind.......and I have to say I agreed......I thought the hot ones would be nicer........and she had kindly done him a double order of them first........and she had given him fries too......he never touched them though........

Food was gorgeous.......really gorgeous.........mine was lovely, and not too massive a portion........fish was perfectly cooked as were the scallops.......and those potatoes were divine. I could have eaten them on their own........I think this was the first time we hadn't ordered snow crab in there though as we usually do nor lobster.......but it was all lovely.......

Tom only ordered one more dish of the garlic shrimp........and he was done......she asked him if he understood he could have as many as he liked......he laughed and said yes, but he was done.......and definitely no room for the dessert we planned to have tonight........shame!!!

Portions are filling here. We sat a little longer and finally didn't feel like we were going to burst..........we again paid our check with our thanks for taking care of us so well......and she had, she was a lovely lady who we would see next time I`m sure.........

We drove home and Tom fancied a drink now.......so we thought about walking to M`Ville for drinks there, but to be honest we couldn't be bothered with the very short walk.......we were still full.......so we went and sat in those comfy seats in Orchids Lounge and had a cocktail there........

i-94dX3PK-XL.jpg

i-MJSBC28-XL.jpg

They were lovely.......mine was a blackberry waikiki mojito without mint as I hate mint.......and I have no clue the name of Tom`s but it was bourbon based and very strong.........it was just lovely sitting there relaxing and chatting, lounge was quiet and we could have dropped off easily........

We really were tired now......so we had the one and went upstairs to our bed........with no idea what we would do tomorrow...

So, we did Jimmy Fallon on the VIP tour. Davy had had NO desire to do it. Then, he absolutely loved it. Made me ride it over and over. Last trip, we went for Kong mainly and he HATED it. LOL. You just never know!

lol....you really don't know what you`ll like and dislike........

He hated Kong??? What a shame......still, it`s not for everyone........oh I couldn't imagine riding fallon once more never mind over again lol......but we do these things for our kids don`t we.......I know if Kyle wants to do it we will.........

We went on the Kong ride on the VIP tour. He thought it was really lame. I enjoyed it! hahaha... but whenever I suggested we ride it again, he was like, "oh, let's not -- so lame!" I also had never taken him on Spaceship Earth over at EPCOT because I told him IT was lame. We rode it -- he loved it. I just give up.

So, years ago (when I was little), Red Lobster was actually better than it is now. Anyway, the important part to ME when I was a kid -- and how I judged restaurants -- how cool were the bathrooms?!? :) I LOVED the bathrooms at Red Lobster. Don't remember why, but that made it my favorite restaurant!

Davy's favorite restaurant here in Kansas City is called Jalapenos. A Mexican restaurant. He orders the same thing (bean burrito) and the whole staff love him and come by. Today's his birthday so we'll go to it tonight. :) You talking about the staff knowing you reminded me of this and how much fun we're going to have tonight! :)

angryduck71 Where in KC is Jalapenos? I'm always up for good Mexican. schumigirl, now you're making me crave those cheddar biscuits. May have to stop for the mix on the way home. Also, reading your reports has forced me to start using Lush as a descriptor when food is truly excellent. What a great word.

angryduck71 Where in KC is Jalapenos? I'm always up for good Mexican. schumigirl, now you're making me crave those cheddar biscuits. May have to stop for the mix on the way home. Also, reading your reports has forced me to start using Lush as a descriptor when food is truly excellent. What a great word.
The one we go to is actually in Overland Park, KS -- in what used to be called Stanley -- on 151st St. just east of Hwy 60 in the "Stanley Station." There is also one in the Brookside are of KCMO.

Funny about Red Lobster. It has a not so great reputation for quality where I'm from (along with Olive Garden), but it's so interesting the things we like when we travel. When my Palestinian friend came to visit last summer, she was all about Chipotle. And when I'm in London, I always want Wagamama and my family thinks I'm kind of nuts - they do have one in NYC now so I suppose I can indulge there now!

And your drinks look amazing! I'm a berry cocktail loving gal myself so everything you order is so up my alley.

Since i love Evil Dead, not a stretch to accept i feel same way about the Transformers is it? Lol that's the leader of the Decepticons (bad guys), Megatron.

Can't saw I've ever graced a Hooters :) am fond of chicken wings. Have you tried Buffalo Wild Wings?

Scary stuff re the MSG allergy, no idea it could cause that sort of symptoms, yikes!

Agree 100% w/Mr Fallon's show. Not sure even a Lobsteria in the lounge could save it for me. Which red lobster location do you visit in the area? Two we've tried (LBV crossroads & the Main gate/Kissimmee are hit or miss for us).

Hi I have been enjoying your trip report so so much! In fact you inspired me today and I started mine. :thanks: I started it and posted today:cool1:

You do such an amazing detailed report it was great seeing what others do! My DH wants to do HHN but we can't make it that time of the year. We are planning on moving there in a few years so then we will be able too.:thumbsup2

I can't wait to see more.

Ugh! Jimmy Fallon. I wish they had kept Twister. At least it was fun and humorous:( We did it once this summer, and everyone thought that was enough. I don't even know if we will do it next trip. I wouldn't ride Mummy for our first few trips. As an adult, I haven't been a big coaster person. I finally got my nerve up and absolutely loved it. Every time I ride, I think it's going to be really scary, and then I get out thinking, let's go do that again:) We enjoy Red Lobster. However, since we have one really close to our house, we never go in Orlando. It's really hard for me to resist those cheesy biscuits and excellent cocktails though, so I really try not to go too often. Sorry Hooters didn't sit well with you. DH doesn't do well with MSG either. The EP lines at Gringott's and FJ are so nice. We used to do single rider mostly, but we love the full queue.

Hey Carole, I've been following along on all of your reports (we love our personal Rambling Reporter). However, I think I will only be able to read while I'm on the treadmill as your food pictures have me starving whenever I read the reports and not having access to the wonderful food and drinks you show, I eat my weight in junk food.:teeth: Oh well I guess I'll just have to suffer through all of the luscious food and the gorgeous pictures you post.:rotfl2:
Really though, I just love the detail in your reports, please keep it up. ( I think the rest of the schumigirl fan club does too.).

We went on the Kong ride on the VIP tour. He thought it was really lame. I enjoyed it! hahaha... but whenever I suggested we ride it again, he was like, "oh, let's not -- so lame!" I also had never taken him on Spaceship Earth over at EPCOT because I told him IT was lame. We rode it -- he loved it. I just give up.

So, years ago (when I was little), Red Lobster was actually better than it is now. Anyway, the important part to ME when I was a kid -- and how I judged restaurants -- how cool were the bathrooms?!? :) I LOVED the bathrooms at Red Lobster. Don't remember why, but that made it my favorite restaurant!

Davy's favorite restaurant here in Kansas City is called Jalapenos. A Mexican restaurant. He orders the same thing (bean burrito) and the whole staff love him and come by. Today's his birthday so we'll go to it tonight. :) You talking about the staff knowing you reminded me of this and how much fun we're going to have tonight! :)

Hope you had a fabulous night for his birthday yesterday..........how old was he? Yes, you just never know what you’re going to like or dislike...........

Were the bathrooms fancy then or was just that they were clean? I like clean bathrooms........won’t eat in a restaurant that the bathrooms aren’t clean.........

I love the word Lush! Usually termed with food items.........:D

Funny about Red Lobster. It has a not so great reputation for quality where I'm from (along with Olive Garden), but it's so interesting the things we like when we travel. When my Palestinian friend came to visit last summer, she was all about Chipotle. And when I'm in London, I always want Wagamama and my family thinks I'm kind of nuts - they do have one in NYC now so I suppose I can indulge there now!

And your drinks look amazing! I'm a berry cocktail loving gal myself so everything you order is so up my alley.

I hear you on the opinions of Red Lobster......so many laugh when we say we go I’m always surprised as food is good......no it’s not a top notch seafood restaurant but cheap and cheerful but so good is how we think of it...........now Olive Garden we tried once..........yuk......never again.......everything tasted processed and manufactured......never go back there again........

Been in a Wagamama once.......it was ok but they use msg a lot! So I couldn’t go back.....but I can see why you would enjoy it.........

Oh berry cocktails are my favourite!!

Glad you’re still enjoying reading along.......:wave2:

Since i love Evil Dead, not a stretch to accept i feel same way about the Transformers is it? Lol that's the leader of the Decepticons (bad guys), Megatron.

Can't saw I've ever graced a Hooters :) am fond of chicken wings. Have you tried Buffalo Wild Wings?

Scary stuff re the MSG allergy, no idea it could cause that sort of symptoms, yikes!

Agree 100% w/Mr Fallon's show. Not sure even a Lobsteria in the lounge could save it for me. Which red lobster location do you visit in the area? Two we've tried (LBV crossroads & the Main gate/Kissimmee are hit or miss for us).

Lol.......that’s the guy!!! He was funny.........I forgot you love TF too.......:D I must have another bash at Ash and ED.........yep, msg is nasty when you’re allergic to it......palps are the worst, very scary when you don’t know what it is......but headaches and the other thing it can do to me is it make some all shivery and shaky and feeling like my body temp has dropped massively.......weird. So I do avoid it.....but just didn’t think that day........

Never tried that Buffalo Wild Wings place.........maybe I’ll put it on my list.......it’s a long list! We go to the Red Lobster at the bottom of IDrive closest to Convention Centre.......used to go to the one opposite the round hotel near what was wet and wild.......but it went really downhill few years ago.......but the further away one is so good!!

Yes cocktails in line wouldn’t save Fallon for me either.......although I may join the queue just for cocktails and leave before the ride........lol........

Hi I have been enjoying your trip report so so much! In fact you inspired me today and I started mine. :thanks: I started it and posted today:cool1:

You do such an amazing detailed report it was great seeing what others do! My DH wants to do HHN but we can't make it that time of the year. We are planning on moving there in a few years so then we will be able too.:thumbsup2

I can't wait to see more.

Nice to have you along........I’m sure you would enjoy HHN when you do get to go eventually.......it’s so much fun.....but glad to read you’re enjoying reading along........:wave2:

Ugh! Jimmy Fallon. I wish they had kept Twister. At least it was fun and humorous:( We did it once this summer, and everyone thought that was enough. I don't even know if we will do it next trip. I wouldn't ride Mummy for our first few trips. As an adult, I haven't been a big coaster person. I finally got my nerve up and absolutely loved it. Every time I ride, I think it's going to be really scary, and then I get out thinking, let's go do that again:) We enjoy Red Lobster. However, since we have one really close to our house, we never go in Orlando. It's really hard for me to resist those cheesy biscuits and excellent cocktails though, so I really try not to go too often. Sorry Hooters didn't sit well with you. DH doesn't do well with MSG either. The EP lines at Gringott's and FJ are so nice. We used to do single rider mostly, but we love the full queue.

Yes, Twister was cheesy but so much fun........

We don’t have places like Red Lobster over here, so we do enjoy them while we can.......love em!! The Mummy is an excellent coaster if you’re not quite ready for the big guys........

Yes, I love Hooters food, but I was just unlucky......or silly for not checking........

Yes you don’t miss anything with the EP lines which is good on those rides...........nice you’re still reading along........

Last edited:
Hey Carole, I've been following along on all of your reports (we love our personal Rambling Reporter). However, I think I will only be able to read while I'm on the treadmill as your food pictures have me starving whenever I read the reports and not having access to the wonderful food and drinks you show, I eat my weight in junk food.:teeth: Oh well I guess I'll just have to suffer through all of the luscious food and the gorgeous pictures you post.:rotfl2:
Really though, I just love the detail in your reports, please keep it up. ( I think the rest of the schumigirl fan club does too.).

I think I should hire you to cheer me up if I ever feel low or down about myself.......lol........

Thank you so much for the lovely, lovely comments..........

I should be on a treadmill now!!!! But I’m so glad you’re enjoying the report, that’s lovely to hear........hope the rest lives up.........:wave2:

WEDNESDAY 20th SEPTEMBER............

Today was going to be a roaster of a day.......and we couldn't believe it was Wednesday already.......time was really flying when you looked at dates, but we tried to make every moment stretch.....and it didn't feel like it was flying past at the time.....but looking back it seemed as if was.

This morning was going to be a relaxing one........some pool time was needed.........so up to breakfast for our usual assortment of breakfast items......and not so usual items......I`d never think of having an iced and cream filled donut or any kind of donut for breakfast I suppose..........and today we enjoyed croissants with honey for Tom and I had white toast with grape jelly and an obscene amount of butter!!!! Well, it doesn't count on vacations.......and a little mini blueberry muffin....or maybe it was two :P.......and coffee. We sat and took our time as usual this morning, but couldn't wait to get into the pool before it got busy. We had a thought about what we would do today........and thought we might go to Winter Park or Winter Gardens......... Although the hotel was fairly quiet right now, so wouldn't be too bad anyway.

We did take the camera down today as there was no one around.........

We love this pool...........it`s quiet in the morning and later its vibrant and busy with activities for children and adults alike, you don't need to participate but it can be fun....and you can win some adult cocktails at times......but it never gets too boisterous.......which is the reason we never pool hop anymore. This is perfect for us. It`s so pretty and so peaceful at this time of day........and shady.......lol.......

Austin one of the pool staff brought chair covers over for us after we had our towels......he said they were better than towels......we didn't normally bother with them as we only spent a couple of hours during the day at most.......but, nice of him.........

i-XJMtwVz-XL.jpg

i-9wHXpVt-XL.jpg

i-VT4k2wk-XL.jpg

i-tGb4jNL-XL.jpg

i-FKKXp2q-XL.jpg

i-c9W7Np2-XL.jpg

I really enjoyed having the pool to ourselves for most of the morning, there was no one there till around 15 minutes before we were leaving........it was cool when we first went in, as it was just after 8, but it warms up quickly. But for us as soon as the sun covered the water, we were out......we had no sun cream on and we do burn so quickly.......

So out we got and dried off.........now it was hot!!!! We headed back inside and this was where the aircon was bloomin freezing when you went inside.......but we soon had both showered and got dressed again and obligatory sun cream.........

I glanced out of the window as I waited on Tom and saw the depressing sight......... pieces of Duelling Dragons were disappearing before our eyes........this was so sad to see.......Duelling Dragons was one of the smoothest and most fun coasters we had ever gone on.......we would miss this ride a whole lot!!!!

i-2hMz2VF-XL.jpg

But, apart from that we loved the view from this room........

We got dressed and went down to the front desk to get into our safety deposit box....as always it`s nice to chat to the front desk staff too......always so personable and happy to help. Today we met Josmin again who was just the nicest girl and so helpful over so many days.......but we got our stuff out and headed out to the car. Today we had decided we were heading to Winter Park.

We love this little place........quiet and peaceful and just nice. It was somewhere we could see ourselves living in if we could. And not too far away from the hotel too........we pass by Orlando City again promising we should really go back there one night again........but for now we drove along the mess that is the I4......it really is a mess.......and only now do we see how a massive an undertaking this change really is.........but not pretty to drive through.......it will be a massive difference when it is finished.....eventually.

We as usual, or not unusual for us, miss the turn off for Winter Park........the satnav told us but I was sure it wasn't the right one.....lol......so we drove on and indeed there was another turn to Winter Park......I knew there was........lol.........so we took that and headed into town just as Tom said he was hungry, we saw this place appear in front of us........told him to quickly turn in.......we would eat here today for lunch...........

i-bfXQKKB-XL.jpg

This place is amazing!!! Genuinely amazing.........food is sublime and so tasty....and I adored the Texan Cornbread.........

There is always a queue in these places......and today was no different.........but worth the wait........not a huge amount of tourists either as was mentioned by the guy in front of us when he heard us speak.......friendly guy though who began to give us advice on what was good......just about everything though was good here, that was the problem........and trying not to eat a massive meal at lunch was difficult.......we still wanted to enjoy food at night too.......so there was a balance!!!! Not easy........

And this was the menu we had to pick just two meals from.........

i-BQmX3Vt-XL.jpg

I chickened out of getting a large selection of food and went for brisket fries and cornbread........Tom went for burnt ends, potato salad and coleslaw......

i-696Rt5g-XL.jpg

i-HXShS2G-XL.jpg

It was gorgeous.........they have sauces on the table and they are fairly spicy, not hot though......but so tasty.......everything was good and we devoured every piece......the brisket was juicier than it looked.......I did wish I had gotten two cornbread as it was so good with jalapenos in it.......

We also picked up a piece of a caramel apple cake that was more like buttery shortbread.......it was so good!!!! It is a busy place with the queue never seeming to go down any........

i-j5xVG8m-XL.jpg

They also have a bakery attached to them and everything here looked amazing!

i-gFbW9hR-XL.jpg

i-33xkrF5-XL.jpg

i-Dk5FDsk-XL.jpg

i-6zRvBgB-XL.jpg

There was so many gorgeous cakes on offer......I wished I had room now for the coconut......but the salted caramel one we had was beautiful.........and we were full.......

So we reluctantly waddled out of the now even busier restaurant........they are so friendly though and although it was busy they don't pressurize you to order quickly......and overall a really friendly place to eat.

We got back in the car and drove into town......there are so many places to eat here, you are spoiled for choice........and there are so many other things to do that we haven't done this trip or last. You can do boat trips around the lake and see some beautiful places.....there is a wine place that does tastings......we wouldn't do that today as one of us has to drive, but we would get a cab here and do that. Along with excellent restaurants wouldn't be a bad way to spend an evening.

But today we were just mooching around.........and again it was boiling hot and we were out in the hottest part.........for some reason it does feel extra hot here than at the hotels and parks areas.......of course this could be my imagination.......but we did like this place for a short visit.......

i-MDQ6fCQ-XL.jpg

It`s so pretty......like a little town that has been lost somewhere from a bygone age..........very fifties feel to it and very, friendly warm people, that we came across anyway.........we found a candy store that sold lemon and ginger flavor haribo style candy and all sorts of stuff we can only imagine.......I only bought one pack of the lemon and ginger........as soon as they were finished I regretted only buying one.......what was I thinking.........but there are so many unique stores here including some very recognizable ones like Pottery Barn and Williams and Sonoma.........we did enjoy wandering around them.

We stopped off for ice cream and sat and watched the world go by for a while............

i-QHFfJdw-XL.jpg

i-6n8HZgD-XL.jpg

i-g7CPKhN-XL.jpg

i-2Ddv4Kr-XL.jpg

We wandered further up and then spotted there was a Kilwins Ice Cream place.......I wish we had waited as their ice cream is gorgeous........but we had already enjoyed some and had no room for more.......but we would remember for next time.........

We crossed the road as there was a lovely park. You could see a little damage that the hurricane had caused, but had been more or less in the process of being cleared up by now......

i-jKQ69h8-XL.jpg

i-vnNhnLT-XL.jpg

i-rhhW7jb-XL.jpg

We spent another hour or so wandering around, and I`m sure we have more to see here......but for today we were done here. It was just baking hot........so we walked back down to the car and Tom asked if I fancied going back to the Mall at Millenia........well of course I did........always!

So we drove back and it was a real pleasure to walk around the Mall after being so hot.........we went into a few stores and then Tom said we would go into the apple store........I groaned inwardly as stores like that bore me........but I smiled and we went in.........glad I did.......as I got another birthday present........another new iPad........yay.........now I have three.......but the oldest one is starting to not be very reliable.......and I always joke I need two......one for when the other is charging..........he had planned to buy it for me yesterday, but of course I hadn't felt great........so now I had another birthday present with still a few more things to pick up for me..........yay!!!!

We drove straight back home now and of course Tom wanted it charged up......I actually think it was more or less charged..........but I did get to open it before Tom began "setting it up for me"

i-SfmjTMf-XL.jpg

I loved it!!

We`d had a lovely day.........and now we headed up to Club Lounge for a few glasses of wine and decide where we were going to eat dinner tonight.......

I love 4Rivers! There is one just down the street from my office. I think I'll go there for lunch!

Hope you had a fabulous night for his birthday yesterday..........how old was he? Yes, you just never know what you’re going to like or dislike...........

Were the bathrooms fancy then or was just that they were clean? I like clean bathrooms........won’t eat in a restaurant that the bathrooms aren’t clean.........

He's 11! For his birthday, I got him four books he was so excited about and we're going to spend the night with some of his buddies at the KC Zoo with some of his buddies in the penguin area a couple weekends from now. He was SO excited for that. Anyway, when I went to tuck him in -- he always wants me to sing to him (and I have THE WORST SINGING VOICE), but last night, "Mom, I'm eleven now, so I don't need you to do that anymore -- plus, I have SO MUCH I want to read now with all of these awesome books -- I need to get to it before I fall asleep!" LOL

I think the bathrooms when I was a kid just seemed cool because they were blue or something. I probably didn't even notice back then if they were clean. :)

He's 11! For his birthday, I got him four books he was so excited about and we're going to spend the night with some of his buddies at the KC Zoo with some of his buddies in the penguin area a couple weekends from now. He was SO excited for that. Anyway, when I went to tuck him in -- he always wants me to sing to him (and I have THE WORST SINGING VOICE), but last night, "Mom, I'm eleven now, so I don't need you to do that anymore -- plus, I have SO MUCH I want to read now with all of these awesome books -- I need to get to it before I fall asleep!" LOL

I think the bathrooms when I was a kid just seemed cool because they were blue or something. I probably didn't even notice back then if they were clean. :)

That sounds amazing for his birthday! Oh I hear you on the singing........I sound like a strangled cat when I sing.......although a couple of cocktails and I think I sound like Celine Dion or JLo........lol........

Love that he loves books too.........I still have all Kyles books from when he was a baby upwards.......and there's a lot as books were always a big part of his growing up......his first "toy" he ever held was a book for the bath.....lol.....so cute.......

Glad to hear it........I'd never be out of there if it was close to me...........:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter