• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

26 years ago....addon posts, 12, 15, 22, 27, 31

Loved every minute of your story Dan. Just curious when you were last at WDW. It’s hard to believe I’ve been a member over 23 years and still enjoying every visit as though it was my first. Wishing you and Marie well. 👋
Thanks, Patio, for your good wishes. Last time I was there was August, 2017, almost 7 years ago. From my WDW beginnings, I used to usually do 2 trips a year, maybe 35 trips or so under my belt. The trip described in this thread was the first, and last for Marie. She had no desire to go back, been there, done that. :confused3 Most of my trips have been solo, meeting up with many folks from here on the DIS. I did a dad/daughter trip with Natalie in 2004 for her 24th birthday and then 3 trips more recently with her and her two boys, including my last trip, 2017. Between my own health issues, the COVID stuff for multiple years and being a caregiver with Marie for her late uncle for a number of years have all gotten between me and WDW. I had also met up with Vince and his family there twice over the many past years. He's not for making it a joint trip, more independent I guess. :laughing: And it sure looks you are busy with your trips this year, 5 trips. :thumbsup2

Here are Natalie and her 2 on our trip 7 years ago, and then this past Christmas (not our house, the uncle's). They've grown up.

1714330194208.png 1714329955750.png

Then that must have been 2017 when Bob and I met you, Natalie, and her boys, at the Dolphin Fountain, for lunch! Our last trip was 2019. we never made it back once covid happened.

Hey Dan, what a coincidence, my original WDW hire date was early 1998.
I missed you, here Lou. And a great day for Disney ad many guests to come when you started.

It was great meeting you back there in the Studios for the Star Wars event. The boys loved the walk with the Storm Troopers, one of the highlights of trip. Thank you.

1714356749227.png

1714356915740.png

1714356972118.png

Then that must have been 2017 when Bob and I met you, Natalie, and her boys, at the Dolphin Fountain, for lunch! Our last trip was 2019. we never made it back once covid happened.
Yes, Cindy, that would have been it. And then you and Alex many years before that. I know we did Epcot and some restaurant also. maybe the Bakery?

Well dang, that’s not where I thought this story was headed… I assumed it was the first of many (for your whole fam). At least you have good memories with the rest of the fam there.

Among the usual gifts and cards I and the kids had for Marie was a card I was able to find somewhere. Not sure where I got it. Actually, I bought two of those cards.
Chili, thanks for those thoughts. I sort of was looking toward to that also, haha. I mentioned in an early post here up-thread that I had purchased two identical cards. I used one to pop the question on Marie's birthday, which got a positive response and our first family trip described here. And I must say, that with all I learned here on the DIS ahead of that trip, that it went off almost flawlessly. I think we only had to forgo one morning character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We were able to do everything else. Even though it was really my first vacation there, I felt like I had been there many times previously with all that I learned ahead of time.

So now that second card. On Marie's next birthday, the following July, I gave her that card again. When she looked at it, she said, Go again? We were just there. I replied, that was 6 months ago and we won't go until after Thanksgiving again, that was a great time to go. And that is 6 months from now, so like a year. And no kids this time. She said too soon, beside, we have Great America. She said if you want to go by yourself and meet up with some folks from the DIS, that's fine.

So, a little bit more small talk and that was that. I went solo early December, meeting up with folks from here, along with their families if any. And then generally trice a year after that, spring time for Flower & Garden and early December. Met many folks from here, always a great time. And every trip I asked Marie to go, but, no go, been there, done that.

So, Chili, that's the story.

I missed you, here Lou. And a great day for Disney ad many guests to come when you started.

It was great meeting you back there in the Studios for the Star Wars event. The boys loved the walk with the Storm Troopers, one of the highlights of trip. Thank
you.

Thanks for the kind words Dan, it was my pleasure to be able to make some Magic for your grandkids.

The Star Wars desert party was my favorite assignment, I did it often.

Sadly, not long afterward, I decided to make it my last event. It had been a long fun ride but time to say goodbye to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter