To grow good men. :)

I have many goals - I want to travel, I want to always be able to paint, I want to enjoy good health, I want to grow old and grey with my husband, but my ultimate goal is for my boys to grow to be kind and responsible adults.

I am not sure what I wanna do when I get older. So far my path i n life has given me something to ponder. I know I do want to see my son growup up ( he just turned 20 yesterday) and have a better life then I had created for myself. OH brother, I think I am in the pity Gail mode today' If I died right now I have had a full life, traveling, watching my son in his life and being the best friend I can possibly be to others. I might not have the $$$ to do things I would like to do but life is not all about money. I think I have peaked though, what else could there be.

My overall goal in life is to grow old. I want to be there for my kids, (see them get married, have babies etc.) and grandkids ie, spoil them by giving them candy and then send them home.
Other goals are many:
Write Sci-Fi book and/ or comedy
Play piano & guitar
get another degree
work in the computer field
decorate MY house to a T
quit all evil vices and live healthier thru diet and exercise
do some traveling with dh and/or kids too
become totally organized with all of my junk
I could go on & on...but those are the main "short-term" goals I have.

I'm working to bring my kids up well too. I'd like them to be creative, intelligent, free-thinking and caring people. :)

I'd also like to be in a financial position to stop working the 9 to 5 grind and be able to do something that is more socially responsible than what I currently do. That doesn't necessarily mean hitting the lottery or getting rich, but probably more of living a simpler life. :)

Interesting question to ponder as I reach the Half Century mark in a couple of years!!!:eek:

My imediate goals is to make sure my teen sons grow up into responsible, caring young men.

My long term goals is to be around a long time and watch my young men raise my grand children!!!:) :bounce:

My main goal is to raise my children to be good, loving, responsible adults.
My other goal is always self-improvement (in many different ways.)

See my kids grow to be responsible, caring, healthy, and successful in the ways they choose, having families if they desire, Marie and I grow old together, in health, financially comfortable enough to relax in later years, and help other people.

My long term goals:
Work hard, have fun and learn new things.

Short term goals:
Go to grad school, so I can be promoted at work.

It's funny how having children changes your heart's desires. My biggest goal, like many, is to raise my son to be a good, loving adult. Nothing else matters nearly as much as that. I never wanted kids, so this little development is a big shock to me!

On a personal level, I want to finish writing the book I started about 10 years ago, become a hospice volunteer, and travel as much as my meager finances will allow. :)

Another child goal here.

I want to help my children grow into responsible, happy adults who will be able to reach their full potential in life. This means exposing them to all parts of life-helping others, a faith that means something to them (not necessarily mine--pray that they come to that in time), schooling inside of the class and at home. Activities that promote team work to learn how to work with others and loving their neighbors as themselves.

One of the most important things that I think is lacking today, is the inablity of many people to accept the responsibility for their actions. I hope that my children will learn that they are not perfect, take responsibility, and fix their mistakes. Stop blaming others. A person who can apologize for a wrong, know that they're not always right and is open to others, is a commendable human being.

As for myself-I want to take care of myself--let my light shine so that others may see, live to an age to enjoy all the things that my mom missed in life and give of myself (part of the light shine thing!) And hopefully end up being the kind of person I hope my children are :D .

I try to live my life one day at time. I hope to grow old with my spouse (but a fling with Harrison Ford cannot be ruled out). I want to watch my children become decent adults and make me a nana! I want to retire early and spend to much money at WDW. I'd like to write a book someday too. Just be happy.

My goal in life, besides the obvious kids, being happy etc. is to somehow make a difference in the animal population. It is a goal of mine to be a wildlife rehabilitator( praticularly raptors). I actually start classes for it next weekend. So that is pretty exciting. esp when you can release them back into the wild and they make it on their own.

I have always had trouble with goal setting thing. That is bad-- I know it is important to set goals.

My goals include my daughter and seeing her grow in all aspects of her life. I would love to be a grandmother some day. And my marriage, growing old with DH & enjoying this life together. To make a difference in someone else's life. I'd love to be a spiritual influence on someone as others have been to me. And last, but not least, my walk with God. That is where I struggle the most, my daily walk--the journey while I'm here. I really want to study the Bible more and just have that one to one relationship with God. I would love to do more in His name like teaching the class that I did this summer. Anyway, those are my main focuses.
Hmm...I wonder where my job falls in to all this? ;) :rolleyes:

Chip, what are your goals?

Not only to love, but to laugh with DH every day of my life. To share a hug and an "I love you" every single day.

To share wonderful moments with DS, DIL, DGS and DGD. Moments for me to cherish and for them to cherish after I am gone.

To know that I have possibly touched someone's life in a very happy, positive way. To have brought love and laughter into someone's life.

To have cared deeply enough and passionatly enough about something that I would stand against all who disagreed.

Whew. Pretty big goals!

:D

I'm not sure I still set goals. I consider myself past mid-life. I've watched my children grow to be educated responsible adults. All four are married and have worked very hard to have thier own home. Three have chosen to have families, one has chosen not too.

I'm a four time Grandmom and loving it. I guess my one goal is to see my Grandchildren grow to be the same kind of adults their parents are and to know I've been a part of their life.

This is a hard question! I want to rule the world...

No, right now, I just want to master yoga class, do well at work, and go to an Orioles game!:D

I would have to say to be here for DS. To teach him to be a caring, compassionate, responsible person. To teach him what's important in life...love. Knowing right from wrong and good from evil and impressing on him that he should choose what's right most often even though it is difficult at times. Showing him that what's important in life is who we have in our lives and not the things in our lives.

SCHOOL! The thought of school for 4 years is overwhelming, but I'm determined to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!