2bd but only need a 1bd or studio

In the future you may want to get your accommodation set up and then "rent" points to the family member so they can get a separate unit - even if it is for a nominal amount. There will be more "skin in the game" and if they cancel you can put the points back in your account or rent them out. We're staying two weeks in Oct/Nov in a 1 BRV at OKW and our son and daughter in law are staying eight nights in a studio and we gift it to them. They are professionals and sometimes have huge work commitments so we have an "out" in case they can't make it and they won't feel so bad if by chance that happens.

We've stayed in 2 BRV before and they are spacious and it should end up being a memorable trip...you might just enjoy the extra space! How about letting the kids each invite a friend - wow, they will have a blast...of course the parents will have to pay, but may be glad to do so. We took our son's friend several times and what fun they had, so much so that Mom and son came back with us again and additionally, they rented points from us for a trip of their own. We got them hooked LOL!

OP - i’m not understanding the “financially strapped” piece. Were you charging your guests for a portion of the points and using that money to pay for other components of your trip or do you mean financially strapped because of using unnecessary points? If the former, do like others are saying and rent it all out and stay elsewhere. If not, enjoy the extra space. Starting around the ages of your kids is when we started always getting 2br and it was great.

This happened to us one time so I ended up renting the studio to someone we were acquaintances with. I told them that they would not have charging privileges and no one could get the dining plan. I got there first, made sure the shared door was locked up, handed them the key when they arrived and saw them when we made it back to work.

Also, as someone else said, in twenty years I have asked for one exception. They gladly did it. It doesn’t hurt to ask. If MS can help they usually tend to.

Thx. I’ll ask for the exception in a few weeks... never thought to ask!

There’s a chance my college best friend can come out (from Irvine). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Very happy it worked out for you!
Our grandson had the traumatic eye injury about 5 days before the trip so we just used the points!
It was a Christmas Trip for all of us and we spent the winter in Florida.
We left in early Feb to stay with him after his 2 nd eye surgery!
Drs told us he needed rest, dark, quiet and eye drops every 2-4 hrs around the click for 2 weeks!
It was good his Mom had a 2 week vacation to take care of him. He was 6 when it happened and is 12 now and only sees 3 out of the 5 letters on an eye chart. But he can read and can hita Baseball ! He has learned to compensate with the other eye!
He’s been to Disney 3 times since!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter