2bedroom SSR vs POFQ

blakefamily

Mouseketeer
We are in the very early stages of planning our trip for Sept 2019. We will be off-site for 1week but want to stay on site for 3-4nights to start our vacation. We will have 2 families (each with 2adults &11/12yr daughter) so six total. Pricing using this year's prices looks like SSRwouls be a little more$ but nice to have a bigger place. What would you do??? Each family own room or a 2bedroom??

FQ has been out favorite resort for years. It is smaller than the others everything is about a 5 minute walk. Its a boat ride (the same boat you would take from SSR) to Disney Springs. FQ has one bus stop which is nice I know SSR has several. Depending on where you would be in SSR you could have a bit of a walk back to your room and at FQ 5 minutes tops. SSR will give you more room thou you have to decide how important that is.

Great info. Do you know if when they do room discounts, is SSR included?
SSR is included in room discounts much more often than POFQ. With SSR you will get a full kitchen and a common livingroom to share, which is nice. We stayed in two bedroom villas with family and it works great. But it is more spread out than POFQ and has multiple bus stops. If both families like the idea of being in a villa, then that is a fun way to go. If each family prefers their own space and privacy, then POFQ would be fine.

Good to know... Want to have some info to share with the other family/friends. We know we want to stay on site and we have stayed at POR before and liked it and POFQ when we walked over there, but it would be nice to have the patio I saw in photos and the extra living space. Thanks!

Something to keep in mind with the 2 bedroom villas... 1 bedroom has a king bed and the other has 2 queens. So one couple would sleep on a king and a really nice, big bathroom and the DD would presumably have to sleep on the pullout couch and the other couple would have a queen and a regular bathroom and either share the room with their DD with her sleeping on the other queen or she would sleep on the pullout with the other girl. Depending on how close you are to the other couple and how comfortable all of you would be with the sleeping arrangements/ one couple having a bigger bed, bigger, nicer bath, and not having to share the room with a kid... If all of you are okay with this and don't forget it being an issue, then I would go with SSR.

I’ve never stayed at ss but we love POFQ! It hardly has discounts but we would still pay a little more to stay there. The small size is great and it has a great theme. It feels like you’re walking through a small town.

We’re booked in with a points rental at SSR and we really like the deal we got! If you’re traveling in groups it may be worth it to look into a point rental for sure. We actually did three studios for the three different “families” in our larger family group. That way everyone had their own space and we didn’t pay more for one or two bedroom units. Best all around!

I love POFQ, but am also a huge fan of SSR. I like the ability to use the boat, or the ability to walk to DTD. SSR also has a very nice table service restaurant, the Turf Club.

If you book at two bedroom villa at SSR, the master bedroom will sleep two people in a king sized bed. The second bedroom will either be two queen beds (dedicated) or one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. The living room will have a queen sleeper sofa. One of the kids will need to sleep in the living room (or the two kids could share one queen bed or the living room sleeper sofa and let both adult parties have a bedroom to themselves).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter