2nd week of June cancel watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to note, my June 10-12 res is still in MDE, still have not received the cancellation email that everyone received Thursday, and that I've received twice in the previous 2 months.

Just to note, my June 10-12 res is still in MDE, still have not received the cancellation email that everyone received Thursday, and that I've received twice in the previous 2 months.

Your trip is not happening those dates. Disney has been having tons of IT issues. Not everyone is getting emails on Thursdays either , it's been all over the place and unreliable.

I am not really a fan of handling the cancellations this way but it makes sense given how huge Disney is and how much cash each week is in refunds. They are keeping cash longer interest free and really don't know when they will open exactly. At this point it could be July or anything later nothing would surprise me, hard to picture June anything right now.

Do you live in Florida? Is it possible that your trip isn’t cancelled because you live in Florida?

(I am completely 100% speculating, by the way)

Do you live in Florida? Is it possible that your trip isn’t cancelled because you live in Florida?

You have waaaayyyy more faith in Disney IT than I do if you think the system is able to identify FL residents and keep their reservations while canceling everyone else's.

I had a trip for May with three different on-site reservations. I got an email saying I could cancel or Disney would cancel for me if I didn't show up. Well, I checked MDE on a Monday during the time I should have been there, and it was still showing me checking in on Tuesday to my next resort. This despite the fact that Disney was most definitely closed, and I would be coming from a state with a mandatory 2-week quarantine upon entering FL.

My June 1 trip was still sitting in there yesterday until I finally cancelled it. 😔 I kept checking back to see if they would allow me to modify and every day I got an error message. There was also no way I was going to wait on hold for an hour for them to do it, so I cancelled and re-booked the trip myself.

My June 1 trip was still sitting in there yesterday until I finally cancelled it. 😔 I kept checking back to see if they would allow me to modify and every day I got an error message. There was also no way I was going to wait on hold for an hour for them to do it, so I cancelled and re-booked the trip myself.
Were you trying to modify later into June? It was my understanding, that even after they cancelled a date, you could go in and modify, but not to any date in June. Just checking as we're going to be looking at doing that the end of June if they don't open. Gosh, wouldn't some hard information from Disney be nice?

I changed my trip 3 weeks ago, and I still have not received my confirmation email of the change, although the changes immediately appeared in MDE. Even before the pandemic, Disney IT struggled. Now, with all of the resort, dining and FP cancellations, it is *really* struggling.

I was just ably to edit my reservation check-in time through MDE for June 10.

Like I've said, I'm sure it's cancelled, but I've been cancelled on twice in the last 2 months and this reservation has not behaved the same as my previous two in any fashion.

Their resort trip is canceled...doesn't matter where they live. At most, and really this is just my VERY biased hope... 1% chance parks only will be open in June without fastpasses or adrs.

Their resort trip is canceled...doesn't matter where they live. At most, and really this is just my VERY biased hope... 1% chance parks only will be open in June without fastpasses or adrs.
I think there is better than a 1% chance. And it will be virtual queue only, IMO.

I live in Florida and got the dreaded email so I would say it’s IT issues. My reservation still shows in MDE, but half of my FP are gone (I did not have any ADRs). I am not canceling until the beginning of June, so the refund hits my June cc statement.

Just FYI, I have a June 26th check in date and was able to make a magic band order this morning....now was it an IT glitch, who knows, but I received an email confirmation as well.

We have a June 28th check in and have magic bands ordered too. We weren’t able to order them earlier in the shut down. Can wait to hear if yours ship.

We have a June 28th check in and have magic bands ordered too. We weren’t able to order them earlier in the shut down. Can wait to hear if yours ship.

i actually declined, just received two new special orders right before the shut down for rival run weekend...good luck to you

Were you trying to modify later into June? It was my understanding, that even after they cancelled a date, you could go in and modify, but not to any date in June. Just checking as we're going to be looking at doing that the end of June if they don't open. Gosh, wouldn't some hard information from Disney be nice?

I was able to select any month I wanted July forward but when I got to the shopping cart it just kept defaulting back to my original dates. I just got tired of fiddling with it and cancelled, then rebooked.

If I had to guess, it was an IT error.

Just FYI, I have a June 26th check in date and was able to make a magic band order this morning....now was it an IT glitch, who knows, but I received an email confirmation as well.
There have been reports over the last few weeks of ppl being able to "order" them...myself included for our now canceled 6/8 checkin. I never received mine nor have I heard anyone else actually receiving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter