3/19/05 - Disney Magic - Eastern - March 19, 2005

nzdisneymom

DIS Veteran
After months of lurking, I finally did it! We are booked on the March 19th, 2005 sailing of the Disney Magic - Eastern itinerary. Anyone else???

I guess we'll be sailing alone :( I'm just so excited about going that I was hoping to "meet" someone on the board to obsess with me about planning.

FWIW, my family is me (40), DH (48) and our 2 DSs (who will be 7 and 8 at sailing time).

This cruise is our reward for achieving our black belts in taekwondo - we'll be testing in August for them but I had to go ahead and book the cruise so that there would be a stateroom available as well as so the price wouldn't continue going up (it's gone up over $1000 from when I initially looked several months ago).

Hi, I haven't been on the boards for awhile but decided to check out who is going with us on March 19th!!! This is our 3rd 7 day cruise, but our first Eastern (did western in 2003, 2004). We are from Maryland, A family of four: husband and wife , daughter will be 18 and son, 12. My sister and her son, 15, will be going as well. We can't wait and look forward to the Magic of Disney. I hope this thread gets going because it's always fun to get to know fellow cruisers.

Hi! This is my first post.:wave: My family of 4: me (39) DH (39)
DS (15) DD (11) will be sailing for the first time. I am becoming a DISboard junkie. Hi :wave2: to anyone else going March 19, 2005.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Woo-hoo!!!! I'm so glad to meet some other families going on the cruise!!!!!! I'll try to post more tomorrow - gotta zzzz for now.

Virgin post for me too, but have been lurking for awhile.

Me (40), DW (39 for a couple years now), DS (11), and DD (9) will be going on the 3/19/05 Eastern cruise. Wish we could bring along DP (puppy).

Any thoughts/feedback on the best island excursions for an active family? :jumping1:

I haven't started looking closely at the excursions, although I printed out the info from disneycruise.com - in my stack of things to do once we get to 200 days out... which is just 11 more days!

I think the best thing to do is read the regular board and also the trip reports to get some ideas about the excursions... and then make a short list and post for specific feedback.

Hello everyone!!!

This will be our first Eastern cruise so we are not very informed about the various excursions. It is my understanding that you can't actually book an excursion unitl 60 days out. We have been on the 4 day and 3 day Wonder and 2 Western Magic 7 day
cruises. I was wondering if there is anything new on the ship such as new shows, menus, activities etc. My daughter and son are so excited about the cruise. We use to go to Disney World each year during spring break but after the 4 day Wonder cruise the kids no longer what to go to Disney World. It's the cruise only for them!!! We just got back from a 12 night cruisetour in Alaska on RCCL. We couldn't wait for Disney to get a ship in the Last Frontier. We had a fabulous time... RCCL was very nice and we had to stop comparing RCCL to Disney. Disney all in all is better but RCCL has the alternate destinations such as Alaska.
Can't wait for March 19th!!! Let's keep up the conversation!

Hooked on cruising, Bee

Hi, just thought I would check to see if anyone out there was going on this date; I haven't been the boards since our last cruise. BeeSkip, we are in Maryland too, and this will be our 7th DCL cruise; third one on the eastern. As a teacher, I just hope we don't have too many snow days that might affect our spring vacation and jeopardize our trip by having to make days over easter. We wanted to get one more cruise in before the Magic goes to the west coast. We will have our 16 yr. old son with us. Barb

hello again...

Wow, this hurricane season has been unbelievable!!! I am very glad that we will not be cruising until MArch...time to get the various ports of call back in business!!!

See y'all in March....Bee

Boy howdy am i glad we're not cruisin' til March. We live in north Florida and experienced Frances while Ivan skirted us (but dotted us with nearby tornadoes). Anyway, I told someone that there is no way I would schedule my first cruise ever during hurricane season ~ I just couldn't deal with the uncertainty of it all, although I know that everything is always subject to change.

Anyway, I'm getting excited about going in March -- 6 months from this weekend!

On another note, I noticed from another post that excursions can now be booked 90 days in advance. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's certainly worth keeping in mind and at least checking out.

About the 90 days booking excursions....Someone will have to call to verify this...I was under the impression that this was new to "new" bookings and that previous booking such as ours would be under the "old" rules. Our balance is due 60 days out and one can not book excursions until balance is paid in full. My understanding is that new bookings need to be paid in full 90 days out and therefore, excursions can be booked at this time.
If I remember, I'll call in Monday and let everyone know.

6 months....wow....can't wait...... Bee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter