3 Best Childhood Memories (under 12)

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
3. Family trip to Hollywood (my best friend Ricky got to come)
2. Getting this sill game called Crossfire, but me and Ricky played it all day for the rest of Christmas Vacation it was so much fun
1. Getting Pizza and watching Saturday Night TV with Parents

3. My Godfather giving me one of those huge dolls that “danced” with you when you put their feet on yours. We didn’t have much money growing up and Christmas was always pretty small. When he walked in the door with that big box with my name on it, I almost fainted. I was probably 5 or 6.
2. A week at the beach with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I was an only child until I was 15, so to have playmates on vacation was huge for me.
1. Staying up late with my grandma, eating ice cream and watching Johnny Carson. I can still hear her laughing if I close my eyes.

3. My Godfather giving me one of those huge dolls that “danced” with you when you put their feet on yours. We didn’t have much money growing up and Christmas was always pretty small. When he walked in the door with that big box with my name on it, I almost fainted. I was probably 5 or 6.
2. A week at the beach with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I was an only child until I was 15, so to have playmates on vacation was huge for me.
1. Staying up late with my grandma, eating ice cream and watching Johnny Carson. I can still hear her laughing if I close my eyes.

good stuff, you can tell them came right from your heart

1. Going to camp. Camp was the highlight of my year, and the anticipation of going there beat Christmas morning any day.
2. My parents were sailors. We would take long (8-10 hour) trips across the lake, and I would spend most of that time sitting on the prow watching as we sliced through the waves and just...thinking. In my best memories of this sort of thing, Cedar Point emerges slowly out of the horizon. First the space needle, then the various coasters, until you were close eough to see all the rides running and hear the people screaming happily in the distance.
3. One winters day one of my best friends came over and we spent hours playing in the snow. When my mom finally called us in our snowsuits were soaked. She stripped us down to our underwear and threw everything in the dryer. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching videos in our skivvies and drinking hot chocolate.

3. Going camping every summer for two weeks with my whole family. My dad worked a lot and travelled ~20 days a month. Sometimes he’d be gone for months. That two weeks was quality time with him and he spent every second with us. You’d think he’d just want to relax and recoup but no, he’d be splashing in the water with us 4 kids as long as we were there.

2. I only remember bits and pieces but I was around the globe before I was five. I can remember being in London and seeing double decker buses. I also remember being at a flea market with my mom. I asked her quite a few years ago where that was and she was shocked I remembered it, it was in Fiji when I was 4.

1. This one is long, but worth the read..

When I was 12, I came down with Whooping Cough about two weeks before Christmas. Within a week my younger sister and brother had it too and my youngest brother ended up in the hospital for a week with croup. We had all had the vaccine so it must have been a faulty batch or something. We all missed about six weeks of school.

We usually went to my great aunts house on Christmas Eve. It was a big family get together and was so much fun. We obviously couldn’t go that year so we just stayed home. When it was dark my dad said OH MY GOSH, KIDS, COME TO THE FRONT ROOM! We got there as quick as possible and looked out the front window. Santa himself was standing on the sidewalk in front of our house and was waving at us!!! He had a sack full of toys and was as jolly as could be. Keep in mind this is in the dead of winter, in Canada, in a place nicknamed Winterpeg. He was out there for a good 10 minutes. For YEARS afterwards we would ask my parents who Santa’s helper was that night but they’d never spill the beans.

Flash forward 25 years to us all sitting in my parents sunroom sharing stories of my Uncle R, who had just died of hepatitis (can’t remember what strain. It was from drinking tainted water in Mexico). Anyway, we were all being quiet and reflecting and my dad said, hey, remember when Uncle R was Santa for the kids? He instantly looked guilty because he knew he’d let it slip and my sister and I locked eyes with our mouths hanging open and said at the exact same time That was Uncle R?? I’ll never forget that feeling of total and utter shock.

1)Going out to "fancy resturuants for birthdays. You know, Denny's, Bob's Big Boy, and Sizzler. The good stuff!
2)Holidays at my grandparent's house in San Diego. Some how 3 sets of adults and 8 kids fit into that 3 bed 2 bath house. Fantastic memories.
3)Going to the pumpkin patch with my Grandma on my mom's side. She would take us every year.

I have so many I couldn't even begin to pick.

Just this last week I had fried eggs several times. When I was growing up we would have breakfast after church on Sundays, half the time going to the local café and the other days my dad would cook at home. I remember always asking my dad to fry my to eggs together so they were conjoined. I was such a little jerk! HAHAHAHA

[QUOTE="kimblebee, post: 59968465, member: 240334"

1. This one is long, but worth the read..

When I was 12, I came down with Whooping Cough about two weeks before Christmas. Within a week my younger sister and brother had it too and my youngest brother ended up in the hospital for a week with croup. We had all had the vaccine so it must have been a faulty batch or something. We all missed about six weeks of school.

We usually went to my great aunts house on Christmas Eve. It was a big family get together and was so much fun. We obviously couldn’t go that year so we just stayed home. When it was dark my dad said OH MY GOSH, KIDS, COME TO THE FRONT ROOM! We got there as quick as possible and looked out the front window. Santa himself was standing on the sidewalk in front of our house and was waving at us!!! He had a sack full of toys and was as jolly as could be. Keep in mind this is in the dead of winter, in Canada, in a place nicknamed Winterpeg. He was out there for a good 10 minutes. For YEARS afterwards we would ask my parents who Santa’s helper was that night but they’d never spill the beans.

Flash forward 25 years to us all sitting in my parents sunroom sharing stories of my Uncle R, who had just died of hepatitis (can’t remember what strain. It was from drinking tainted water in Mexico). Anyway, we were all being quiet and reflecting and my dad said, hey, remember when Uncle R was Santa for the kids? He instantly looked guilty because he knew he’d let it slip and my sister and I locked eyes with our mouths hanging open and said at the exact same time That was Uncle R?? I’ll never forget that feeling of total and utter shock.[/QUOTE]

your right, that was worth reading, a great story

3. Going to my first Packer Game at Lambeau Field.

2. Getting a puppy from Santa when I was 4 on Christmas morning!

1. Every year, on the evening we decorated our xmas tree, our family had a tradition. We'd put sleeping bags in the living room and have a camp out on the floor. The lights from the tree and Christmas music playing softly put us quickly to sleep.

*Catching caterpillars so I can see them turn into butterflies.
*My grandparents taking me antique shopping. Loved the stores that had the register counter where candy was stacked up in the vertical wooden cases with the glass so you can see what candy there was. Like this but taller. upload_2018-11-18_20-40-34.jpeg
*Roller skating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter