3 More Sleeps! - Girls Trip/1st Trip Post Closure Aug 13 - 18th

e_yerger

DIS Veteran
Well Hello!! Super excited to make the trip down to MCO & the World this week.

Who is going: My best friend (left) & I (right)
Travel dates: Friday Aug 13 - Wednesday Aug 18th
Where we're staying: Disney's Caribbean Beach (5th sleeper standard room)
Ticket Type: base tickets (no hoppers)

Highlights for the Trip:
Celebrating my 28th birthday!
My friends first time back to Disney since Dec 2019. Previously we were APs and went multiple times a year.
This is also her first time staying at Caribbean Beach & first time staying at a Skyliner resort!
She hasn't done RotR, or MMRR - so lots of first time things at DHS!
Also her first time visiting Disney Springs!

Largest Concerns:
I visited the parks in April 2021, and they were busy but manageable. After reading recent trip reports, I'm nervous about the higher crowd levels & wait times.
We're also worried about the rising COVID cases in FL, but I am fully vaccinated and she is recently getting over having COVID. We plan on wearing masks as much as possible, and separating ourselves from crowded situations.

Friday Aug 13th: Travel & Arrival Day
Our flight leaves out of EWR at 3:45pm, and will put us into MCO around 6:30pm
We're currently booked with DME, but we may be deciding last minute to jump in a Lyft straight to the hotel.
I placed an order with Garden Grocer for a delivery from 4-9pm, and I'm hoping the order will already be there by the time we get to the hotel. I included alcohol in my order, and I uploaded a copy of my license to GG. I will report back if there were any difficulties with the delivery!
Our plan is to either grab dinner & drinks at Banana Cabana (CBR) or Bar Riva (Riviera Resort). If possible, we may grab a seat at the bar at Toppolino's if it's available! Really playing by ear depending on how we feel after getting settled in!

Saturday Aug 14th: EPCOT Day
Breakfast: Grab Joffrey's from the Skyliner station, and enjoy it on our trip over to International Gateway
Lunch & Dinner: Food booths and/or Reagle Eagle
Touring: Depending how we feel Friday night will determine our plans for the morning. We have park pass reservations at Epcot (which is scheduled to open at 10am). We most likely wont be in a rush to rope drop, but if we're already up in the morning we may push for it. We have another day at EPCOT planned for later in the trip, so not too worried about getting in every ride this day.

I plan on doing Remy's Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt, and Emile's Formage Montage, so we're going to pick up everything we need for that at World Traveler. Our goals for the morning are most likely going to be rides, and then grabbing lunch in the food booths.
We're going to hit up the UK, Canada, and then the booths/locations that wrap up around Future World West (Imagination Pavilion, The Land & The Seas), then head down to Spaceship Earth, up to Test Track (hit those food booths by the Odyssey Building), and then Mexico.
Probably by this point we're going to be hot & tired, so we're going to head back to the hotel for a swim and mid-day break.

Around 5/6ish we're going to head back to Epcot, and finish up the World Showcase by heading towards France first. Some other things we want to do this night are Reagle Eagle & La Cava de Tequila. We also have never seen Epcot Forever, so we'll stop and watch that on our way out of the park for the night.

Sunday August 15th: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Probably will be granola bars & Starbucks or Joffreys
Lunch: 11a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Trying to do a walk-up at the bar at California Grill, or will grab something from the Poly (Captain Cooks or Trader Sam's/pool bar)
Touring: We're planning on rope dropping Magic Kingdom, and want to be at the bus stop at CBR no later than 7:45a. We will probably aim on getting as many rides done as possible before our Liberty Tree Tavern reservation. Most likely will go toward Splash & BTMR, then hitting PotC & Haunted Mansion.

Depending on how we feel after lunch, we'll either try to do some more rides/shop, or head back to the hotel for a swim & nap.

If I'm able to join the walk-up list for California Grill, then we'll try to head over there for dinner. If not, we'll head to the Poly for dinner & drinks. We want to be back in the parks no later than 7ish so we have time to hit a couple more rides before getting our spot for Happily Ever After! This will be our last opportunity to see the HEA, so it's really important for us to see it from inside the park this night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter