3 More Sliders Available

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
So weird. I just found 3 sliders I'm not using and was just about to post that I can give them away. Then I saw that another (nice) poster was offering hers to DVC Members who wanted them. I haven't seen that kind of post in a long time. This must be DVC Karma Slider Day.

Anyway, if someone can use my 3, please just PM me and I will send them to you. I'll post again when mine are gone.
:disrocks:

@donaldbuzz&minnie I just want to say how nice of you to offer to share your sliders and I hope you get sprinkled with lots of pixie dust on your next trip! While I would love one, I also know that I realistically will not wear it on my MB since I don't like the way the sliders feel on them so I will be good and won't ask for one. :-)

Wow - this group is awesome. I would love one, if it's still available! I didn't respond to the other thread since two had already been claimed. DM coming your way!

I have a few around that I run across now and then and think I should do something with them. That means getting my act together to send the off if I offer them though! haha I do believe I'm waiting on more DVC and AP sliders that the note in the MB box said they would send to me later since they had run out of them. I maybe should relinquish hope of ever receiving those. ;)

Ok, I'll bite. What are 'sliders'?
Sliders are bling to add to the magic bands. There are many different types that you can buy. But the DVC ones were given out a few years ago and can now either only be gifted or purchased online. Much like the AP sliders. Some people like them to hold the end of the MB so you dont have a flap. Others like the bling.

We have a few somewhere. We used to use them on our magicband, but now we just put the puck on our Apple watch band.

Out of curiosity? I hit EBAY. Dear Wife & I HAVE DVC Sliders (we are keeping them) :).

But I was AMAZED that a 3 cent chunk of plastic that really isn't recognized by WDW as proof of ANYTHING, was going for about $25 a crack!

So I have suspicions... betting the EBAY stuff is fake (easy to do). And why is WDW allowing that EBAY Black Market to exist? They could kill it in a heartbeat by sending out DVC sliders to DVC owners? Or they could just declare ALL sliders "fake", unrecognized, etc...

So confused about the whole "slider" thing... :(.

Part of the issue with the EBay fake sliders is that some people buy them thinking they are going to get the discounts a DVC member is entitled to. I had this same conversation with some of the CMs at a DVC desk where another guest had just asked why they don’t have sliders but she could “buy fake ones on eBay and still get the discounts anyway.”

I’m also betting the eBay ones are fake, and I’m guessing WDW doesn’t really care because the sliders don’t actually get anyone anything so what’s it worth to them to pursue it? There’s no point in them incurring the expense of making them/ shipping them anymore because they don’t get you anything.

This CM claimed DVC sliders will not be making a comeback, and so far, they have not.

For us, sliders are just cute and we like them (and it keeps my little one from yanking his band off but granted I could buy a cheap generic slider or not have him wear a a Magic band).

Note: For clarity, I am NOT saying a slider gets you a discount. It does not, regardless of authenticity.

I am going to the P.O. now to mail the sliders to the three people who asked first. To anyone else who would like one - sorry, but they're gone now.

Hi! If anyone else comes across any DVC sliders they aren’t using, please let me know! I’ve scoured the internet- can’t believe I missed this post! I’m looking for 2 but have zero so far! Thanks so much in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter