3 Night Resort Hop or Not

Princess Merida

DIS Veteran
Hello, we are last minute booking a end of August trip. Me DH DD6 DD11. We own at BWV and have always wanted to stay at BCV for SAB use and we found one night at the end of August. Booked that and the following night at CCV when that opened up and then a night before them both at AKV. So currently my trip looks like this:
Night 1 AKV Value Studio
Night 2 BCV Studio
Night 3 CCV Studio
We have stayed AKV many times and love it. I would love to try both BCV and CCV, but is this too much moving? We are driving and its only a few nights so will be packed lightly and moving our own things. I do have the option of SSR studio for all 3 nights, but will probably not cancel BCV so it'd be 2 nights SSR and then one night BCV. Nothing about SSR excites me as the new Disney Springs is not my cup of tea so I was trying to stay away from that, but if this is going to be a nightmare I will make the switch, it's Disney after all!!!

I wouldn't do it. But I can't see doing SSR for two nights with BCV in the middle. You might as well have different resorts.

Your plans looks like our spilt stay trip in September. We are going to stay two nights in each resort.
2 nights BRV studio
2 nights PVB Lake studio
2 nights BCV studio
1 night AKV Value studio

It's our first time for a split stay, so we may love it or absolutely hate it. As long as you are fine living out of your bags and being "homeless" between checkout and check-in, IMO go for it! :thumbsup2

Night 1 AKV Value Studio
Night 2 BCV Studio
Night 3 CCV Studio
It's great you're able to piece something together last minute, but that number-of-resorts:vacation-days ratio is too high for my enjoyment. Looks too much like a work travel schedule.

As a DVC owner, couldn't you hit BCV on another trip? The Mouse has your money, so it's not like you'll never be back. At 7 months, there's a decent chance to get more consecutive days at SAB, if that's your thing. Last thing you want is to find out you LOVE BCV, but you have to move on to CCV. Then the whole time you're there on the last day, you keep looking longingly at old pictures of BCV, all the meanwhile resenting CCV. You find yourself glancing sideway at CCV and muttering things like, "I wish you were more like BCV" under your breath. Or saying "If you JUST change your first letter, that'd be really hot. Maybe to a 'B' or something."

Seems really unhealthy.

If I did this I would have Park day, all day at BCV and SAB, then park day. Or if you really like SAB stay there until check in time at CC.

Waitlist something to keep for 2 nights, and if it’s BCV you want, you just may get it. pixiedust:

On the SAB day I might go to TOWL to see fireworks.

It's great you're able to piece something together last minute, but that number-of-resorts:vacation-days ratio is too high for my enjoyment. Looks too much like a work travel schedule.

As a DVC owner, couldn't you hit BCV on another trip? The Mouse has your money, so it's not like you'll never be back. At 7 months, there's a decent chance to get more consecutive days at SAB, if that's your thing. Last thing you want is to find out you LOVE BCV, but you have to move on to CCV. Then the whole time you're there on the last day, you keep looking longingly at old pictures of BCV, all the meanwhile resenting CCV. You find yourself glancing sideway at CCV and muttering things like, "I wish you were more like BCV" under your breath. Or saying "If you JUST change your first letter, that'd be really hot. Maybe to a 'B' or something."

Seems really unhealthy.

This is hilarious!! And oh so true!!

Thank you all!!! I did a waitlist for two single nights and canceled the AK night. If it doesn’t come through I’ll wait until next year for BCV!!!

For resort fact finding great, for a vacation, not so great. If we do a split stay we do a 4 night stay at each resort minimum. If you don't you spend most of your vacation waiting for your room to be ready. In addition, the more check-ins the greater chance of something going wrong.

:earsboy: Bill

I’ve planned a nine night, three resort trip. Three nights each at the monorail resorts. It’s just DH and me and I hope we don’t hate it! This thread is scaring me a little!

If I weren’t going to the parks and planned to just hang out at pools, I would do that.

If I had a park-heavy itinerary and didnt care where I stayed I would do that.

But you seem to want to enjoy the resort, and I’m not sure of your plans.

I see that you changed things, and I’m kinda glad, because one night at each resort is even a bit too short for me (and I’ve done some split stays!).

I’ve planned a nine night, three resort trip. Three nights each at the monorail resorts. It’s just DH and me and I hope we don’t hate it! This thread is scaring me a little!

For me, it's all the packing and unpacking and not having access to everything on moving days. I tend to like to "settle in" to my "home away from home", so for me it's not appealing. But many people do split stays and multiple splits in one trip and like it. Disney does make it easy in that they'll take care of your luggage. Staying 3 nights in each resort will allow you to unpack if you like and settle in. I'm sure you'll have a great trip! :)

Stalk the RAT and waitlist. I changed a reservation 2 months out from VB to SSR but wanted AKV. Within 3 weeks I was able to get it all at AKV. Keep checking!

That sounds like it'll be so much fun! I'd love to try that sometime!

The problem with 1 night stays, is that it's really only 1 night - 19 hours - and you will be homeless for 5 hours each day of your stay unless you get lucky enough to have a room ready early. If you're there to commando the parks and don't mind multiple people/locations handling your baggage (which even thinking about that stresses me out), then go for it. Personally, my favorite hours to be in my room are during the heat of the day - i.e. that 5 hour window where you will be homeless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!