3-prong fanny pack recommendations

MariaR3

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this question has been posted before. I couldn’t find anything by searching!

Going to Uni with my family of 4 in 2 weeks. Last (and 1st) time we were there was last summer. I had a backpack full of stuff for my kids that barely fit into the “normal” free lockers back then. I know there is absolutely no way it will work with the new free lockers. I’m going to attempt to reduce what I take into the parks but know we will need at least one bag. I’m hoping to do a draw string backpack that my DH or one of my kids can wear, and I will wear a fanny pack so it can stay on. (We won’t all go on Hulk or RRR.)

Any recommendations for the type of fanny packs that I can keep on for the rides where bags aren’t allowed on? Even better if it fits into the free lockers if I decide that I don’t like wearing it on rides. :)

Thanks!

I love my Kipling convertible waistpack.

Edited to add:

Kipling brand Merryl convertible bag.

I second the Kipling. Bought mine years ago and take it on every trip. Can’t stand a pack on my waist all day and this one also has a long strap to wear on your shoulder when you aren’t riding.

Thanks! Any idea if the Kipling Merryl is waterproof or at least water resistant? Just thought about Florida summer afternoon rain. :oops: (I have a rain cover for my backpack that I had forgotten that I used last year, but it won’t work for a fanny pack.)

Do you feel like you can fit any “extras” in it or just the basics like phone, keys, chapstick...?

I have an amazing crossbody bag that converts to a 3-prong waist pack, the Overland Bayliss bag. It is very comfortable worn either way, and roomy enough for essentials + extras.

It is discontinued, but frequently available on eBay. Just be sure to really look at the pictures and be sure you see the 3 prong closure on the strap; I've seen bags tagged as "Bayliss" that are close, but don't have the 3-prong closure and therefore don't convert. The mechanism is on the left while wearing, right if you are looking at a face-on picture, just at the point where the strap meets the bag.

I am attaching a link to the old eBags listing, which includes a good video of the pockets, etc. eBay currently has several listings as well. https://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/bayliss/140196

Do you feel like you can fit any “extras” in it or just the basics like phone, keys, chapstick...?
I carry my phone, slim wallet, a pack of wet ones wipes, tissues, disposable ponchos, meds, a compact, lip balm, small cell phone charger, and band-aids.

Last edited:
Thanks! Any idea if the Kipling Merryl is waterproof or at least water resistant?
It is listed as water resistant.

My phone is waterproof.
I keep my cash, credit cards in 2x3 ziploc style bags, and small items like meds in little ziplocs in ez dose bags inside it just in case.

I used a Kipling Multiple for years...….loved it.

It does hold a fair amount and has little compartments too. It is fairly waterproof too as we were caught in downpours many times and items inside were never wet.

I used a Kipling Multiple for years...….loved it.

It does hold a fair amount and has little compartments too. It is fairly waterproof too as we were caught in downpours many times and items inside were never wet.
Good to know. Thank you!

I've been using the Kipling Presto for a few years. Easy access to my camera in the front velcro pouch. Keep my AP and photo pass in the small zipper in the front. Everything else goes in the big zippered part. I like it because it's not too bulky.

I bought an Everlane fanny pack for our last trip and now I use it all the time at home!

Does Universal allow you to wear waistpacks on all their rides? even coasters?

Does Universal allow you to wear waistpacks on all their rides? even coasters?
All rides except Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit:

Universal strictly enforces a “no loose items” policy at The Incredible Hulk Coaster and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. At these rides, guests are required to pass through an airport-style security screening (complete with walk-through metal detectors and electronic scanning wands) to ensure no phones, keys, or even spare change enter the queue. You should be permitted to keep your prescription eyeglasses and ticket lanyard.

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas.

Does anyone know if a TM would deem a fanny pack too big and make me take it off, even if it is 3-prong around my waist? I’ve found one more option no one mentioned (The North Face Kanga) that I’m drawn to because seems to have a pretty big capacity. I don’t want to waste my money on it though if I’ll end being told I have to put it in a locker anyway.

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas.

Does anyone know if a TM would deem a fanny pack too big and make me take it off, even if it is 3-prong around my waist? I’ve found one more option no one mentioned (The North Face Kanga) that I’m drawn to because seems to have a pretty big capacity. I don’t want to waste my money on it though if I’ll end being told I have to put it in a locker anyway.

If it is large and interferes with the harness in any way you won’t be allowed to ride with it on.

I looked at the dimensions for the Kanga and the Bayliss.
Kanga: 9" x 6.5" x 2.25"
Bayliss: 8" x 7" x 2.5"

The Bayliss goes on all the rides (except where bags prohibited) so I would assume the Kanga will as well.

I will add that I don't wear the Bayliss right on my waist; it hangs farther down, more on my hips. It is more squarish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter