3 Trips in 1 year with a Side of Baseball and Scotland - Updated 10/3 The End

I love Baklava but I wasn't happy with this. The pastry just came off the filling, was dry and the filling was very sweet. Maybe if it hadn't been so dry it would have balanced the flavors better.

Yum, baklava! As you know I ate my fair share of baklava in Turkey! I find the varieties I find in North America tend to be too dry like what you described. They need more honey!!

Moving on we come to Japan and Matsuriza. I love watching them. I took a class in Japanese culture in school and my daughter's BFF is Japanese so I guess it helps me appreciate it a little more.

I too am fascinated my Japanese culture. One of my fav pavilions!

Yum, baklava! As you know I ate my fair share of baklava in Turkey! I find the varieties I find in North America tend to be too dry like what you described. They need more honey!!

I too am fascinated my Japanese culture. One of my fav pavilions!

My brother makes a baklava that is to die for. It is the best I have ever tasted. We get him to make it at least once a year. Of course he threatens to add ketchup or some other strange thing but then behaves himself. I have some strange brothers too. I do agree that the baklava here tends to be too dry no matter where you get it from.

The pavilion in Japan is absolutely one of my favorites to explore because it isn't just shopping. The Kawaii exhibit they have now is very interesting.

Day 1 - part 4

When I left off I had just finished Test Track. I do not ride Mission: Space anymore, I got really sick the last time I rode it. I was off to the World Showcase. The Australia Food Booth was right there so it was my next stop.

Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Snap Peas - $4.75

This was spicier than I remembered but it was very good. The shrimp were cooked to perfection for me but I am no expert on shrimp.

I also got the Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut - $3.00

This was way to sweet. There was too much very sweet chocolate and coconut which I love and almost no cake. The cake probably would have been a good balance for the sweetness.

The Mexico Pavilion was right there so I did The Gran Fiesta Tour.

I looked around the pavilion but nothing struck my fancy. I did like these glasses but didn't really have a use for them.

I moved on a stopped in Norway for a minute or two. It was just so sad looking with Maelstrom boarded up.

Next up was China. I looked around taking a few pics and pricing swords for my grandson. He collects them and I was thinking about a Christmas present. None were in my price range this trip.

Details on a pole around the pavilion

The Germany Food Booth was next. I had the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese - $3.50

This did not disappoint. I had it on a previous trip and loved it. I tried making it at home and it was not the same. It was edible but not nearly as good as it was in Disney.

Next up was Japan again and more pics. I like watching the fish in the pond there

Then I decided to play with my camera for awhile and try and get the silky effect of the waterfall.

That was one of the better pictures. It's hard to get a good picture like this in the daylight but I was happy with this one.

Next stop was Morocco. I was working on light fixtures this trip. One of the issues again is trying to get a good picture when it is daylight or the light itself is lit. I was very happy with this picture

The light fixture is over this fountain. I took my kids pictures there every trip.

I moved on to the Belgium Food Booth and got the Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream - $3.75

This was really good. The waffle was warm and crisp on the outside but soft on the inside. The ganache wasn't really sweet and balanced well with the whipped cream. I actually ate it in Morocco because it started to rain and I was trying to find somewhere dry to hide out. Thankfully the rain only lasted about 20 minutes, the incense was getting to me.

I was back to Future World at this point to see a fish. Saw Mickey grilling some vegies on the way.

Made it to my destination: Mine, Mine, Mine

I actually took one or 2 pics and that was it., Just wanted to relax for a few minutes. After the ride I had a text from Scott telling me they were at EPCOT for dinner. So I was back to World Showcase and Japan. Somehow I beat them to the pavilion. I saw the tail end of something being taped. I still don't know if it was a commercial or a television show but I swore the one man with the suitcase and the lady in the pink shirt looked really familiar.

Scott and party arrived right about that time so we checked in and headed up to - Teppan Edo. I have eaten here a few times now and really like the atmosphere and the food. I had the Asakusa - Steak and Shrimp, and a green Iced tea. The meal was very good but the company was better and the chef we had made the meal. He was Japanese by way of Florida. He would go back and forth between a Japanese and Southern accent Y'all.

Start of the Onion Volcano

Rice with vegies, noodles and shrimp. I wanted my steak rare but somehow got well done. It was still very good.

After dinner we all decided to head back to the resort. Scott & Vinny and their 2 friends were all staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge also. In fact the one woman was the person that I rented points from. We wanted to miss the crowds from Illuminations and it was a good choice. There were no lines at the bus stop and we were back at the resort in no time. The first day had come to an end and I was exhausted. All in all it was a great start to my trip.

HI
I am following along as you requested some new followers.I am looking forward to your section of your trip report about Scotland as I presently live in this area of the world.

More lovely photos, especially the waterfall in Japan and the light fitting in Morocco. I'll have to keep a better eye out for light fittings this time round, they're not something I've ever really looked at but that one was gorgeous.

HI
I am following along as you requested some new followers.I am looking forward to your section of your trip report about Scotland as I presently live in this area of the world.

:welcome:Thanks for joining in. I am working on my notes so I can get all of the trips up on here. I will tell you that I absolutely loved Scotland. It is a beautiful country.

More lovely photos, especially the waterfall in Japan and the light fitting in Morocco. I'll have to keep a better eye out for light fittings this time round, they're not something I've ever really looked at but that one was gorgeous.

Thank you again. I like to look for things out of the ordinary and light fixtures were on my list. Some of them are really beautiful if you take the time to look. In EPCOT many of them fit the theme of the country. The waterfall is one of my lets play with the camera things to try and get different effects. I thought I got pretty close to what I was trying for in that picture.

Day 2 - Part 1

Today was planned as a busy one. I was headed to Hollywood Studios, the Grand Floridian for the Afternoon Tea and then over to EPCOT for extra magic hours. Of course with such a full day ahead of me I still woke up around 6:30. I planned to enjoy the view after my shower.

I headed back inside. It was wet and noisy. The rain was unexpected. I also woke up a little congested from the incense in Morocco the day before and my back was in full spasm. Thankfully a hot shower and I Aleve usually helps. After my shower I checked the weather and saw rain was forecast for 70% for most of the day. I had a poncho and a rain sleeve for the camera so I wasn't worried. That's Florida weather.

I headed down to Mara and got some iced tea in one water bottle and ice water in the other bottle. Headed back up to the room and got my ECV and camera and was off. I ran into Scott & Vinny and Renee & Joanne at the bus stop. We all had the same plans for the morning. We didn't wait too long for a bus and in no time I was seeing this.

My granddaughter was obsessed with that movie the year it came out. No problems heading through the gates and I saw this

It was wet but beautiful. It brought back memories of my first trip. It was really raining pretty steady and I realized I forgot the rain sleeve. We all had FP+ for Tower of Terror but only Scott and I wanted to ride it. My time was a little after their time so I borrowed Renee's magic band and we were off

I never liked this ride and for years refused to go on. I wanted to see the lobby one trip and the rest is history. I cannot resist photos though.

This is my ultimate goal - to get a really good picture just before the drop.

I went back with Scott to give Renee her magic band and got a clear bag to keep my camera in so I was happy. We parted ways and I headed back to Tower of Terror for a second ride and more pictures.

Not quite the picture I want but better

Because of the rain I looked around the dump shop and notices some details I had always missed

Both rides were awesome with multiple drops.

After the ride I headed down Sunset Blvd. and saw another commercial being filmed.

I moved along past the Animation Courtyard and really missed heading in there. I loved going to the part where you could try and learn how to draw different characters. I have no artistic talent but I usually managed to have a good likeness when it was done. I headed to One Man's Dream because at the time there were rumors that it might be closing and I wanted to give it a last look.

My first introduction to all things Disney

One of he first TV shows I remember watching when little

And fond memories of the Worlds Fair with my mom

Where did I head next? Stay tuned.

Two rides on Tower of Terror - a great way to start the day! I've never been brave enough to try taking a photo at the top, maybe this year!

You know one of the best things about Florida is the warm rain.We are lucky if we get a good thunder storm once a year.It's sad but I just love to watch a good lightnig show not managed to get it on film/camera yet.Usually it's sod's law when we are in the park and it happens to rain it's the one time with out the video camera in toe.Twice on tower of terror in short succession is good going.One man's dream is a must to do at least once for anyone visiting the world especially for the younger generation who proably don't relise what the poineering work that the Disney studios did for the animation film industry and the children's TV entertainment.

Two rides on Tower of Terror - a great way to start the day! I've never been brave enough to try taking a photo at the top, maybe this year!

There is a running joke with my family and friends about my taking the pics all of the time. They swear my head is actually a camera in disguise.

You know one of the best things about Florida is the warm rain.We are lucky if we get a good thunder storm once a year.It's sad but I just love to watch a good lightnig show not managed to get it on film/camera yet.Usually it's sod's law when we are in the park and it happens to rain it's the one time with out the video camera in toe.Twice on tower of terror in short succession is good going.One man's dream is a must to do at least once for anyone visiting the world especially for the younger generation who proably don't relise what the poineering work that the Disney studios did for the animation film industry and the children's TV entertainment.

I will say Scotland was rather wet most of my trip and a bit unusual in July for it to be so cold for us. I have managed to get lightning a few times now thanks to digital photography. Of course my mom yells at me for standing outside in a thunder storm but it was worth it. Twice on Tower of Terror was the best and the drops were awesome. I know one ride had 5 or 6. Just really makes for a fun time. One Man's Dream really is fascinating to see what one man's genius was capable of. I had a wonderful conversation with the CM while there and she was afraid they would close it because of all the work being done on the new attractions. Thankfully so far it is staying.

Great shot of the "ghosts" on ToT.

Thanks. My camera was acting up so much I wasn't sure how anything would turn out. I was happy with them.

I will have a new update or 2 tonight or tomorrow. I leave for Disney World in about 36 hours and still need to pack. I am also trying to get my house in order after having had some work done on it. A daunting task trying to clean out excess baggage so to speak after living in the same house for 33 years. I will say it is an amazing feeling though.

I haven't forgotten this TR. I was in Disney World from 9/21-9/26 which means I got back late Monday night. I had my grandkids on Tuesday and planned on getting pics uploaded and working on the TR. However leaving their house I fell and broke my ankle. I haven't been in the mood for much of anything as I have been in some pain, and I am back in Frankenstein's Boot yet again. I lived in one off and on for a year after a bad ankle sprain and it is the same ankle. Not happy about that. Promise there will be an update soon.

Sad news about your ankle No need to rush your report it is worth waiting until the pain subsides we wIll still be hear to read it and reply . You take a risk when coming to Scoland for a holiday it tends to rain a lot.But if you are luky enough to catch a few sunny rain free days you can't beet it for the senary in the Highlands.

Sad news about your ankle No need to rush your report it is worth waiting until the pain subsides we wIll still be hear to read it and reply . You take a risk when coming to Scoland for a holiday it tends to rain a lot.But if you are luky enough to catch a few sunny rain free days you can't beet it for the senary in the Highlands.

Thanks it's hard to just sit as I had so many obligations when I came home. It did rain while in Scotland but I liked the effects.

My ankle is healing so I am finally getting some updates done if my computer cooperates. Updates are making it act up.

When I left off so many weeks ago I had been in One Mans Dream. I headed towards my next FP+ but didn't take any pictures along the way as it was still raining. I ran into Scott and Vinny as we were all headed to the same place - Star Tours

We all had FP+ for the ride. Of course seeing a poster with Chewbacca meant I had to get a picture

Chewie has always been one of my favorite characters. I love Star Tours and I am on a mission to see all of the scenes. This ride didn't help as I had seen them all before. After Star Tours Vinny and his friends wanted to do MuppetVision 3D. Scott and I skipped it and took pictures.

A close up of the fish. I think they are a little creepy looking but it could just be me.

And I had to get a flower with all the rain drops on it

We stopped for a picture with 2 of my favorite cars

And then a sad sight for me. I knew this was the last year for Osbourne Lights and seeing them unlit, knowing it was my last sight of them was definitely a little misty eyed for me

It also meant one last trip down Streets of America. I actually lived off of a Gillespie Street when I first got married and my brother bought his house from my parents neighbors - the Gillespies - so I had to take this picture

The rain definitely added to the sadness

However I think someone should have told these people to bring the laundry in. It was just a little bit wet.

The Splash Fountain. The fish are just creepy

Vinny and company caught up to us and while they sat out of the rain Scott and I headed to

I would love this picture

or this one, but I don't think Jim is as big a fan

We all had one last FP+ for

Scott and I rode together and Vinny was on his own, he thinks Scott cheats. Scott had the better score but I was more accurate so I was happy.

With that we were all heading out. We parted ways at the exit with Scott, Vinny and me heading to our next stop together, Joanne and Renee went back to the resort. I made a quick stop at Guest Services and upgraded my tickets to an AP as I knew I had the trip in the spring.

Up next where do we head???

And where were we headed you ask? One of my favorite resorts. My very first trip staying on site was at the Grand Floridian. I stayed for 6 nights and the whole trip including airfare was about $300. It was October 2001 so airfare was cheaper but I was the third adult in the room so my aunt kindly had me pay that fee instead of splitting it 3 ways. I fell in love with on site and have never looked back. Of course I wish I could afford staying there again but I am cheap and a value suits me well.

Anyway some pics while we waited. We were doing the Afternoon Tea.

This horse just made me think of the Brady Bunch. I had just watched the movie recently and that probably helped.

I just love all of the little details

Even the bathrooms are so pretty. Of course it is as close to a selfie as I get

Creepy fish vase. I just don't get the creepy fish

And then our buzzer went off. The menu with the table flowers

Our view from the table, much better than when I went with my mom and we were on the walkway to the pool. Just some very strange sights, people should wear cover ups.

I do not like tea. Why do I go to a tea then? Because I LOVE the coffee and the whole pot was all mine. Scott and Vinny did get tea and there was a lot of debate as to what kind to order. I was happy with my coffee

The tea sandwiches. I do know my favorite was the onion tart but the sandwiches, cheese and fruit (minus the raspberries) were all delicious

There is a choice for desserts, I opted for this

It was a wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon. The food and coffee were very good but the company was the best. Just a wonderful afternoon and the rain was letting up when we were done.

We had one more stop for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

And where were we headed you ask? One of my favorite resorts. My very first trip staying on site was at the Grand Floridian. I stayed for 6 nights and the whole trip including airfare was about $300. It was October 2001 so airfare was cheaper but I was the third adult in the room so my aunt kindly had me pay that fee instead of splitting it 3 ways. I fell in love with on site and have never looked back. Of course I wish I could afford staying there again but I am cheap and a value suits me well.

Anyway some pics while we waited. We were doing the Afternoon Tea.

This horse just made me think of the Brady Bunch. I had just watched the movie recently and that probably helped.

I just love all of the little details

Even the bathrooms are so pretty. Of course it is as close to a selfie as I get

Creepy fish vase. I just don't get the creepy fish

And then our buzzer went off. The menu with the table flowers

Our view from the table, much better than when I went with my mom and we were on the walkway to the pool. Just some very strange sights, people should wear cover ups.

I do not like tea. Why do I go to a tea then? Because I LOVE the coffee and the whole pot was all mine. Scott and Vinny did get tea and there was a lot of debate as to what kind to order. I was happy with my coffee

The tea sandwiches. I do know my favorite was the onion tart but the sandwiches, cheese and fruit (minus the raspberries) were all delicious

There is a choice for desserts, I opted for this

It was a wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon. The food and coffee were very good but the company was the best. Just a wonderful afternoon and the rain was letting up when we were done.

We had one more stop for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Hi
Great update your High tea looked good not much on the plates though I think I would still be a little bit hungry after it.I have never seen the Osbourn lights live although have watched on YouTube it was one of my must does for the future not anymore though now it has been canceled. I am disappointed that Disney has canned them I always though that they were on of the highlights of the christmass season . Good photo of you both by the cars lightning and mator.The grand floridian always looks smart , always bright and shining.

Hi
Great update your High tea looked good not much on the plates though I think I would still be a little bit hungry after it.I have never seen the Osbourn lights live although have watched on YouTube it was one of my must does for the future not anymore though now it has been canceled. I am disappointed that Disney has canned them I always though that they were on of the highlights of the christmass season . Good photo of you both by the cars lightning and mator.The grand floridian always looks smart , always bright and shining.

The food at the tea actually was perfect for a lunch. I left with my hunger sated but not stuffed. I do like the Grand Floridian as a place to visit and staying there was really fun. I understand that Disney had to do some changes at Hollywood Studios and I am really hoping that the new things will be fun. I just wish they could have done something to keep the lights. They were so much fun. Disney keeps cutting back making me want to rethink my visits.

After the tea we all headed to EPCOT. Scott and Vinny wanted to see the concert that day and I wanted to wander around. I love watching the kids play in the fountains and it's even better getting the monorail in the picture

Stopped at the Dominican Food Booth area to look around.

And I love pics of the flowers

Moving on

I saw this and thought it would be perfect for my daughter.

I headed back to the World Showcase. First stop was Canada

A rose

The ugly fish theme on fountains continued in the United Kingdom

And I came upon the Eat to the Beat Concert and decided to stay for it. The group that day was Wilson Philips. Now I know the Beach Boys and the Mamas and Papas. I had heard of Wilson Philips but honestly wasn't really sure of their music. I did know a few of the songs however.

Scott and Vinny were a few rows in front of me

I enjoyed the concert. They were really fun and I loved the songs they did in tribute to the Beach Boys and the Mamas and Papas.

More to come but this update took me 3 days. Going to stop while I am ahead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter