30 day hiatus for Royal ships!

We were suppose to leave Monday out of Port Canveral and our TA just called and said they were all cancelled. :(

Copied from FB

"What you need to know if your cruise was cancelled due to Royal Caribbean’s 30 day suspension of sailings!

1) You do NOT need to take action of any kind for those who are booked within the next 30 days. The reservations will automatically cancel and your cruise planner (dining, excursions, drinks, etc) will be refunded to the card on file.

2) Your port fees and taxes will be refunded to the card on file.

3) You will receive 125% of your cruise fare for a future cruise credit!!!

4) You will need to sail (using their FCC) by 12/31/21 (yes, 2021!)

5) You will receive the FCC certificate in an email by 4/13/30.

6) If you don’t want the 125% cruise fare for FCC, you can opt for a full refund of what you paid and the money will go back on the credit card on file.

7) If you get the FCC and decide next year that you would rather have a refund, you can call and request the refund and it will be put on the card on file.

Again, you do NOT need to take action. This is automatic if you sail within the next 30 days!"

I am so sad about this. I have been looking forward to this cruise for over a year. This has been an incredibly difficult year and we really needed this time away. Now we are stuck in the house arguing over the same things. I am still looking at going away somewhere as we really need it.

I am so sad about this. I have been looking forward to this cruise for over a year. This has been an incredibly difficult year and we really needed this time away. Now we are stuck in the house arguing over the same things. I am still looking at going away somewhere as we really need it.

I'm sorry.
I hope you find something else and still have a great time and make some memories.

I was meant to go back next week for short contract, which now I'm not, so life is kind of on hold. I think it's going to be longer than 30 days so I dont know whether to try and get a temp job here or wait it out.

Just got off this morning.
we heard about it last night. Felt sorry for those with back to backs.

We had to cancel our March 29 cruise a week or so ago after my husband's work put in a travel ban. They gave us a 100% FCC and we booked in August. Now I'm wondering if I can argue for that extra 25% in credit? If we had just stuck it out we would have earned like 1000 bucks more toward the next cruise. We also might have taken the full refund instead if that was an option a week ago. Our August cruise is considerably more expensive because Kids Sail Free doesn't apply. Feels like we're getting hosed for doing the right thing and canceling before the last minute. I guess I'll call and wait on hold for hours to ask these questions!

I'm sorry.
I hope you find something else and still have a great time and make some memories.

I was meant to go back next week for short contract, which now I'm not, so life is kind of on hold. I think it's going to be longer than 30 days so I dont know whether to try and get a temp job here or wait it out.

Thanks. After thinking it through we aren't going anywhere. It isn't wise to travel now. I hope they put some really tight travel restrictions in place soon so we can slow down the spread of this thing and not end up like other countries where people aren't even allowed to leave their homes. We are voluntarily staying in our home and only going out for walks or essentials (quick trip to the store if needed, or necessary dr appt).

If anyone's interested one of the crew members is posting a video each day (or so) for the 30 day "downtime". Link is here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!