30% discount at a number of resort restaurants for AP holders, DVC and now TiW

Thanks Dan! Would have missed this. I just may add Citricos and/or Artist Point my Itinerary now.

Hi Dan. :wave: We're all good. Preparing for 1st of 2 WDW trips this year a couple weeks from now. Will do a Treasure Hunt the night before to reveal to my 3 unknowing DGKs! They'll find a Wizards of the Magic Kingdom map and cards at the end. What do you think?

Hope you and yours are all good too!

Did I read that right and it says you have to dine before 6:30 or after 8pm for dinner to get the discount?

Good catch! Actually will fit into plans but would hate to grab a 6:35 PM ADR and find out when I got my check. Thanks!

I actually saw this on the News portion of this site. I thought it said before 6:30p or after 8:30p. I almost never do dinner TS, lunch only, but since I am staying WL this September, I may have to make an ADR at Artist Point.

Did I read that right and it says you have to dine before 6:30 or after 8pm for dinner to get the discount?

I actually saw this on the News portion of this site. I thought it said before 6:30p or after 8:30p. I almost never do dinner TS, lunch only, but since I am staying WL this September, I may have to make an ADR at Artist Point.

This is on the Disney AP Dining Discount page next to one with 30% off.

Discount applies to the regular price of food and nonalcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods. 30% discount available before 6:30 PM and after 8:30 PM; 20% discount available for all other meal periods. Discounts valid through 9/30/17.

That is a huge plus for us, I'd rather heavier meals earlier.

I've used TIW for drinks when using a different discount for food. Have them separate out the checks, put all the food on one check and all the booze on one check and apply TIW to the booze check.

My DH and I go to WDW multiple times a year as we have a ton of DVC points and are within driving distance (although a long day's drive). We've been to many, many WDW restaurants and have also discovered some great off property restaurants.

As we live in New Orleans we have access to great (like off the charts great) food. So we get kind of picky about food. Disney has some very, very good food, but all too often it is vastly overpriced. This discount will make us way more like to eat at these Disney restaurants. I am not willing to pay grossly over inflated prices even for good food when I can get it at home as good or better for way less money.

For us this is a very good move.

Truthfully, I was really disappointed by the Flying Fish re-do. The formal atmosphere, the prices and the menu itself are not what I am looking for. Even at 30% off, I'm not sure I want to go. I loved it in 2012 though.

Anyway, even when they announced the 20% off for the 45th, I felt they did that because a few of those places are struggling for business. They really hiked a lot of dining prices in the past few years, yet I doubt a lot of long time Disney visitors' incomes have gone up in proportion.

Disney isn't giving out these discounts out of the kindness of their hearts. They need to fill some tables.

Hi Dan. :wave: We're all good. Preparing for 1st of 2 WDW trips this year a couple weeks from now. Will do a Treasure Hunt the night before to reveal to my 3 unknowing DGKs! They'll find a Wizards of the Magic Kingdom map and cards at the end. What do you think?

Hope you and yours are all good too!
I think that all sounds great, Kirk! Lots of fun for everybody. 3 DGKs now? Super! Congratulations! Marie and I, along with our 2 kids and 5 DGK's are all doing well, thanks.

Enjoy your trips.

I find it interesting that a lot of these restaurants are also participating in the Orlando Magical Dining promotion during September. It looks like I shouldn't have cancelled my Olivia's ADR. Buttermilk chicken dinner with the discount is approaching QS pricing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter