30% discount at a number of resort restaurants for AP holders, DVC and now TiW

It is surprising since a few of the restaurants are either highly regarded (Jiko/Flying Fish) or often spoken of as hidden gems (Wave/Olivia's)

I might take advantage of Artist Point, Flying Fish and Citricois. If The Wave opened early for dinner I would try that instead of Skipper Canteen on my MNSSHP night.

What I would eat at Flying Fish would work out to being like 29 dollars plus 15 dollars for a glass of wine and tip. So not bad.

Thinking here that an additional possible reason for the heavier discount is to pull people out from the parks (decrease summer crowding) to the resorts.

I looked at the current menu on MDE for Flying Fish, Artist Point and Citricos. FF's looks more appealing than the last time I saw it.

I am really psyched for Dining at Disney this trip. Between this discount, Magical Dining Month and the Food & Wine Festival, we have really great choices. Almost too many, LOL!

This is on the Disney AP Dining Discount page next to one with 30% off.

Discount applies to the regular price of food and nonalcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods. 30% discount available before 6:30 PM and after 8:30 PM; 20% discount available for all other meal periods. Discounts valid through 9/30/17.

That is a huge plus for us, I'd rather heavier meals earlier.

Actually, anytime but the typical dinner hour. Finish before 6:30, or arrive after 8:30. Great for us, we always eat in the heat of the afternoon, miss a lot of tired hot unhappy crowds that way! :)

So, I'm a bit confused, having a mind blank I guess, lol. I'm wondering if this 30% discount will apply to lunch time meals, or even breakfast(already have Olivia's -breakfast and lunch adr's, since we're staying there). In Hopperfan's post, it says Discount applies to the regular price of food and nonalcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods. Then sounds like the 20% discount applies during 6:30-8:30 hours. This would be great for us! And reading the post from kaybird, seems to say the same basically. But, when I followed the link the OP posted, it says "There is now a 30 percent discount (up from 20%) on regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages when dining during the dinner meal period before 6:30pm or after 8:30pm at the following locations:" So, not sure which is correct. I'd call, but well that doesn't usually get a clear or correct answer, lol. Maybe some will find some answers as they start using this discount as it says it starts now thru Sept.

Also, are the listed restaurants the only ones the 30% will apply to, or are there others just not listed? One of the tweets I read yesterday, (can't remember which, but they regular post disney info),said 'the list includes', leaving it a bit open maybe. Hopefully they will let us separate out the food from the drinks if we have any, with one of us paying for the meal and the other the drinks, so we can use the TIW card for them, although with our meal times I suppose we're less likely to have drinks.

TIA!

@Minniekins I saw it on another website that the 30% discount is for the dinner meal before 6:30pm and after 8:30 pm.

I checked the Disney website, and the restaurants listed in the OP state "up to 30% off" for AP and DVC.

This was announced just yesterday as far as I can tell so they may state something more definitive in the days ahead.

Maybe a stupid question, but if you booked a 6:10 reservation at one of these restaurants, then finished at about 7:00pm, would you get the discount?

We dined at Jiko last night. ADR was at 6:10 PM, seated at 6:15 PM, and ordered by 6:27 PM. Our server noted the 6:27 PM time and told us about the additional discount, which we received. I still am not clear on whether the cut off is the ADR time or when the order is entered into the system. But based on our experience, there was no requirement to finish the meal before 6:30 PM

So, I'm a bit confused, having a mind blank I guess, lol. I'm wondering if this 30% discount will apply to lunch time meals, or even breakfast(already have Olivia's -breakfast and lunch adr's, since we're staying there). In Hopperfan's post, it says Discount applies to the regular price of food and nonalcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods. Then sounds like the 20% discount applies during 6:30-8:30 hours. This would be great for us! And reading the post from kaybird, seems to say the same basically. But, when I followed the link the OP posted, it says "There is now a 30 percent discount (up from 20%) on regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages when dining during the dinner meal period before 6:30pm or after 8:30pm at the following locations:" So, not sure which is correct. I'd call, but well that doesn't usually get a clear or correct answer, lol. Maybe some will find some answers as they start using this discount as it says it starts now thru Sept.

Also, are the listed restaurants the only ones the 30% will apply to, or are there others just not listed? One of the tweets I read yesterday, (can't remember which, but they regular post disney info),said 'the list includes', leaving it a bit open maybe. Hopefully they will let us separate out the food from the drinks if we have any, with one of us paying for the meal and the other the drinks, so we can use the TIW card for them, although with our meal times I suppose we're less likely to have drinks.

TIA!

I find the wording very confusing because it does not specifically say 30% is just for dinner, just not between 6:30 and 8:30. I would be booking breakfast and lunch our next trip for 30% but if that isn't correct, I'll likely pass on most meals. Hoping some clarity comes.

I find the wording very confusing because it does not specifically say 30% is just for dinner, just not between 6:30 and 8:30. I would be booking breakfast and lunch our next trip for 30% but if that isn't correct, I'll likely pass on most meals. Hoping some clarity comes.
Yes, it definitely is confusing! Hoping more come to post experiences or find out some info! Seems like if it's only for dinner but not during the 6:30-8:30 time period that's pretty limiting for sure. First of all, dinner doesn't even start, at least at Olivia's, until 4:55 p.m. So the only time for dinner at 30% off is like 5-6:30 or 8:30-10. Really wouldn't mind an after 8:30 dinner, but these days with much shorter hours we don't do the later dinners as much as we used to when we could continue in the parks after. And really, how many more guests can they add during those times, here or elsewhere. Limiting especially if it's true that they are trying to meet some magical sales number. Hopeful to hear more soon, though we will still keep the adr's we have here already and still glad to have the 20% AP discount or the TIW discount!

We dined at Jiko last night. ADR was at 6:10 PM, seated at 6:15 PM, and ordered by 6:27 PM. Our server noted the 6:27 PM time and told us about the additional discount, which we received. I still am not clear on whether the cut off is the ADR time or when the order is entered into the system. But based on our experience, there was no requirement to finish the meal before 6:30 PM

Thanks for this--I was just going to ask. We have a reservation at 6pm at Citricos, we can make it a little earlier if we need to since we have no other plans for that day, but hopefully 6:00 will be early enough. I was hoping this would be happy hour rules: get your order in before time runs out and you're good.

Also going to try using this discount for the food and TIW for the drinks.

Last edited:
Thanks for this--I was just going to ask. We have a reservation at 6pm at Citricos, we can make it a little earlier if we need to since we have no other plans for that day, but hopefully 6:00 will be early enough. I was hoping this would be happy hour rules: get your order in before time runs out and you're good.

Also going to try using this discount for the food and TIW for the drinks.

I was going to try using this discount for the food and TIW for the drinks too. Hopefully someone will try it and post whether they were successful or not.

Maybe a stupid question, but if you booked a 6:10 reservation at one of these restaurants, then finished at about 7:00pm, would you get the discount?

I had this exact same question, and someone tested it out at Jiko. The time seems to be based on when you're seated. What I'm wondering is the end date. Currently it's listed tend September 30, but I'm hoping it gets extended, at least for our trip in October.

I had this exact same question, and someone tested it out at Jiko. The time seems to be based on when you're seated. What I'm wondering is the end date. Currently it's listed tend September 30, but I'm hoping it gets extended, at least for our trip in October.
I will hope right there with you. I have 2 Jiko ADRs in December.

Anyone else learn anything new about this 30% discount today? Still hoping this discount will apply during lunch hours!

Anyone else learn anything new about this 30% discount today? Still hoping this discount will apply during lunch hours!
The above shot shows wording that is 'during the dinner meal period', so I'm assuming only evening meals...when they switch over to dinner from lunch. But, could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!