$30 Legoland tickets--is this for real???

I'm going to the park on MLK day, 1/18/16. Do you think they would work then? Also, do you think will be busy that day?

Since he is not yet 5 (normal compulsory schooling age in most US states) and you have no proof of homeschooling (which they stress is needed on the site), I would encourage you to find another discount for your trip (there are always MANY discounts floating around, some close to being as good as this one and more flexible on dates, since the discount days are very limited in the spring and summer next year). Half-off tickets are the norm, and $30 tickets can usually be found, and there may be a Black Friday deal coming.
We don't qualify but I figured it was a long shot. I'm hoping the BOGO for 2016 will be out soon.

We used the PTA $30 tickets yesterday. So glad I found this thread!!

Interestingly, while everyone else has reported success with these tickets, I ran into a hiccup. They wouldn't scan at the turnstile. The model citizen then keyed in the number for the first one and it went in ok. Subsequent tickets couldn't even be keyed in. They came back as "media not recognized." Ultimately, the supervisor just handed me the tickets back, let us in, and said have a good day.. so it all turned out well. But, I wanted to report.

i wanted to report my experience, too, although there's only a week or so left for these tickets.
I had to change days for Legoland and since there's not date on the ticket, I wasn't sure if it was an issue.
The tickets scanned as "expired" at the gate, but someone at the ticket booth was able to change the date on the tickets for us so we were still able to go. We were so relieved!

Since he is not yet 5 (normal compulsory schooling age in most US states) and you have no proof of homeschooling (which they stress is needed on the site), I would encourage you to find another discount for your trip (there are always MANY discounts floating around, some close to being as good as this one and more flexible on dates, since the discount days are very limited in the spring and summer next year). Half-off tickets are the norm, and $30 tickets can usually be found, and there may be a Black Friday deal coming.

DD is 3 but we are involved in our local homeschool co-op already. I actually started serving on the board this term. You can be homeschoolers at age 3, as preschool can be homeschooled. We plan to get the homeschool tix for legoland next time we are on florida, even though she isn't "compulsory school age"

DD is 3 but we are involved in our local homeschool co-op already. I actually started serving on the board this term. You can be homeschoolers at age 3, as preschool can be homeschooled. We plan to get the homeschool tix for legoland next time we are on florida, even though she isn't "compulsory school age"

I didn't say you can't homeschool before age 5, you just don't "have" to (aka compulsaory schooling age). And not having to, you usually don't have access to the free notice of intent forms from your state, so you won't usually have free access to the "evidence of homeschooling" Legoland demands for someone to receive the discount. For many parents of only 3-4 year olds, it would be better to book the buy one get one free deals or the $30 ticket deals around everywhere, than to drop $60-$120 getting a state homeschool or HSLDA membership to provide homeschool evidence.

I didn't say you can't homeschool before age 5, you just don't "have" to (aka compulsaory schooling age). And not having to, you usually don't have access to the free notice of intent forms from your state, so you won't usually have free access to the "evidence of homeschooling" Legoland demands for someone to receive the discount. For many parents of only 3-4 year olds, it would be better to book the buy one get one free deals or the $30 ticket deals around everywhere, than to drop $60-$120 getting a state homeschool or HSLDA membership to provide homeschool evidence.

And it's not just evidence - it's what a business decides. Many decide only kindergarten age and up. When I called Legoland a couple years ago, they included 4K and up. Not 3 year olds. So I wouldn't plan on using this offer. Even for a 4K aged child, I'd call in plenty of advance to make sure you can use the discount.

I'm going to the park on MLK day, 1/18/16. Do you think they would work then? Also, do you think will be busy that day?

We were there on MLK day 2015 and the nice thing was that they spontaneously decided to keep the park open an extra hour. We arrived right after opening and stayed until close. Upon arrival we went almost immediately toward the back of the park, which we heard gets busy later in the day. I didn't feel like the park was "crowded", especially for a holiday. There were several rides that the kids rode over and over again without waiting, especially within that last bonus hour. I remember waiting to get in to the building where the kids get to build and race cars, but not for very long.

I was worried about going on MLK day because I thought it would be crowded, but it was what worked best with our travel schedule. It worked out very well for us!

We used these tickets on 1/2/2016 and worked just fine no issues at all.
When I went to the site it seems to have one option to buy "adult" tickets. Do you just purchase these tickets for everyone, child or adult? Does it matter?

Thanks!

Looking at the receipt it is just general admission for ages 3 and up. Had 2 adults, 10 year old, 7 year old and 6 month old. Even purchased parking from that link with no issues.

I cannot find the link for the $30 PTA tickets please somebody help I would love to take my son for his birthday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter