$30 Legoland tickets--is this for real???

For our trip in Nov, I am debating on a trip to LEGOLAND before we start our Disney trip, is it worth the cost, or should I add extra days at Disney. My kids are DS9 and DD7? Thanks in advance

I just purchased 4 for 2 AD and 2 CH for use later this week. I will report back as to my success. I also printed a parking voucher. My only concern is the tickets have YOUTH printed on them - it never prompted me for adult or child. Hope that's not a problem.

For our trip in Nov, I am debating on a trip to LEGOLAND before we start our Disney trip, is it worth the cost, or should I add extra days at Disney. My kids are DS9 and DD7? Thanks in advance

My kids love Legoland. I do not think it's worth full price, but it was more than worth what we paid for tickets. We use the homeschool rate - which went up to $12.50 per child this year - which is still great! And $25 for adult. My kids are 6, 9, and 12 and we will be going this year again. We went once last year and once the year before.

My kids love Legoland. I do not think it's worth full price, but it was more than worth what we paid for tickets. We use the homeschool rate - which went up to $12.50 per child this year - which is still great! And $25 for adult. My kids are 6, 9, and 12 and we will be going this year again. We went once last year and once the year before.

Are those rates just for FL residents (it says "county")? We were considering the $30 tickets, but the home school rate's even better.

The homeschool discount is more restricted. You can only go on designated homeschool days, you must prebuy your tickets at least 48 hours in advance by phone, the purchase is non-refundable (so if someone get sick or the weather turns unexpectedly, you are stuck), and you must pick up the tickets at 1 select ticket window with certified homeschool evidence (they usually want your approval from your home county, if available). But, if you can swing the designated days and you don't mind betting on the weather/family health/your motivation and not many people have bought for your day (so you don't have a wait at the ticket window:), it is a really good deal.

Are those rates just for FL residents (it says "county")? We were considering the $30 tickets, but the home school rate's even better.

No - it's for all.

The designated days for the homeschool rate are now Mondays, Thursday, and Fridays that aren't usually during school vacations. When we did it the first year, it was only Mondays - so really easy to plan in now! We've gone twice and the park was practically empty so no wait at the ticket windows, there were two open for that both times we went. I've never been asked for proof from my home county and many states don't do it that way. (I'm guessing FL does by them mentioning it as one way to show proof). Even proof through your state isn't essential, as some states don't provide proof. They accept pretty much any type of homeschool proof. For my state, SC, I show my card from my accountability group. I've always had a copy of the letter from the accountability group on me too - as that has the kids names listed as well and my card doesn't, but they've never asked to see the letter. The website even says that HSLDA proof is accepted, and that's a national group, not a state one. The no-refund could be an issue for some but since we plan out other parts of our vacation too, it's not a big deal to us.

The homeschool discount is more restricted. You can only go on designated homeschool days, you must prebuy your tickets at least 48 hours in advance by phone, the purchase is non-refundable (so if someone get sick or the weather turns unexpectedly, you are stuck), and you must pick up the tickets at 1 select ticket window with certified homeschool evidence (they usually want your approval from your home county, if available). But, if you can swing the designated days and you don't mind betting on the weather/family health/your motivation and not many people have bought for your day (so you don't have a wait at the ticket window:), it is a really good deal.
No - it's for all.

The designated days for the homeschool rate are now Mondays, Thursday, and Fridays that aren't usually during school vacations. When we did it the first year, it was only Mondays - so really easy to plan in now! We've gone twice and the park was practically empty so no wait at the ticket windows, there were two open for that both times we went. I've never been asked for proof from my home county and many states don't do it that way. (I'm guessing FL does by them mentioning it as one way to show proof). Even proof through your state isn't essential, as some states don't provide proof. They accept pretty much any type of homeschool proof. For my state, SC, I show my card from my accountability group. I've always had a copy of the letter from the accountability group on me too - as that has the kids names listed as well and my card doesn't, but they've never asked to see the letter. The website even says that HSLDA proof is accepted, and that's a national group, not a state one. The no-refund could be an issue for some but since we plan out other parts of our vacation too, it's not a big deal to us.
Thanks! I checked out the calendar, and there are a lot of dates to choose from. We literally just got back from Disney (student seminars), and now I'm trying to decide between doing that again in February or waiting until the Frozen ride opens to return. Either way, we could definitely add on a Legoland home school day for that price. I don't think I've ever printed out my declaration (terrible), but I do have our co-op registration.

I just purchased 4 for 2 AD and 2 CH for use later this week. I will report back as to my success. I also printed a parking voucher. My only concern is the tickets have YOUTH printed on them - it never prompted me for adult or child. Hope that's not a problem.

This is my follow-up. I purchased these tickets on 10/13 and successfully used them on Saturday 10/17. You proceed directly to the gates; it is not a voucher - these are the actual tickets. No ID was asked for, no unusual glances, or anything like that. Worked perfectly.

That said, the park was a nightmare. The minimum wait for an attraction was 60 minutes and, while I might wait 60 minutes to do Soarin', I'm not going to wait 60 minutes to get on a car that does a circle for 50 seconds. We were out of the gates in under two hours. We tried to talk to Guest Services about perhaps exchanging the tickets to come back another day but they were unsympathetic and made it quite clear we were second-class guests for having used discounted tickets. In fact, the only thing they "offered" was to pay $15 extra per ticket and come back within the next week (which was simply not possible). To each their own, but I will NOT be going back to Legoland.

This is my follow-up. I purchased these tickets on 10/13 and successfully used them on Saturday 10/17. You proceed directly to the gates; it is not a voucher - these are the actual tickets. No ID was asked for, no unusual glances, or anything like that. Worked perfectly.

That said, the park was a nightmare. The minimum wait for an attraction was 60 minutes and, while I might wait 60 minutes to do Soarin', I'm not going to wait 60 minutes to get on a car that does a circle for 50 seconds. We were out of the gates in under two hours. We tried to talk to Guest Services about perhaps exchanging the tickets to come back another day but they were unsympathetic and made it quite clear we were second-class guests for having used discounted tickets. In fact, the only thing they "offered" was to pay $15 extra per ticket and come back within the next week (which was simply not possible). To each their own, but I will NOT be going back to Legoland.
'

We were thinking of giving Legoland a shot in December. This is disappointing to hear. What time did you arrive at the park? We are hoping arrive at opening. We'll be going on a saturday too.

'

We were thinking of giving Legoland a shot in December. This is disappointing to hear. What time did you arrive at the park? We are hoping arrive at opening. We'll be going on a saturday too.

Just before 1pm. They opened at 10. It was wall-to-wall people. I'm normally a "get there an hour before opening" guy, but we had no choice as we had just driven in that morning.

We'll be using them on the 25th. I'll try to remember to post and let you all know. *fingers crossed*

We used the tickets with no problems at all. They just scanned them and let us in. Great cost savings!

Not sure if anyone can answer this regarding the home school rate. We are keeping my son from school this year but we're in Canada there's no registration for homeschooling your child. We didn't register him for school. I have no idea what we would use to show he doesn't go to school. I'd hate to spend the money and then be told we don't qualify.

Not sure if anyone can answer this regarding the home school rate. We are keeping my son from school this year but we're in Canada there's no registration for homeschooling your child. We didn't register him for school. I have no idea what we would use to show he doesn't go to school. I'd hate to spend the money and then be told we don't qualify.

Do you belong to any type of homeschool group that gives membership cards? Or send in a declaration of intent? Or anything at all? If not, when you call to order the tickets, ask them about what to do. (You can also print out your own homeschool cards, but since they won't be official, they could decide not to accept then. Asking on the phone would be better). They used to have a different rate for non-homeschooled children and homeschooled children and I was worried about showing proof for my youngest - as I had nothing since my state doesn't require anything until legal first grade age. The person on the phone told me they didn't require proof at that age due to it. So, she was very helpful.

Thanks I will try calling. We don't belong to any groups. He's only 3 so maybe it will be the same we don't need to show proof. Full time school starts really early in Ontario. Too early IMO.

I'm not sure if 3 will work - as 3 isn't homeschooling in the U.S. However, even though legal age for homeschooling is 5 or older, dependent on the state, they told me proof wasn't required for 4K either. I didn't ask about 3, as I wasn't in that situation. (Also, I had older kids I was homeschooling officially, so that probably helped). It's still worth a call.

Since he is not yet 5 (normal compulsory schooling age in most US states) and you have no proof of homeschooling (which they stress is needed on the site), I would encourage you to find another discount for your trip (there are always MANY discounts floating around, some close to being as good as this one and more flexible on dates, since the discount days are very limited in the spring and summer next year). Half-off tickets are the norm, and $30 tickets can usually be found, and there may be a Black Friday deal coming.

Original poster here...we used our tickets today with zero trouble. They scanned them at the gate without a question or second glance. We arrived about 20 minutes before the park opened (on a Saturday) and did not experience long waits. My son rode all four "big" coasters, some multiple times. Most of our waits were about five minutes, with our longest wait being The Dragon, with a 15 minute wait. My son is 9, and he was the perfect age for Legoland. He had a wonderful day, and probably enjoyed Legoland more than Magic Kingdom or Universal. One of the employees commented to us that it was a slower day today, so I'm sure that is why our wait times were low. Also, we did the Pirates Cove stunt show and a robotics class at 2:15 and 3:00, which was probably when wait times peaked. All in all, we had a great day and if you have a kiddo in that 7-10 age range, I'd encourage you to try to fit it in.

I just bought tickets and the date on the ticket reads "Event" instead of the actual date I chose. For those that have purchased, does that sound right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!