30% Off WOW Deal

cariann77

Mouseketeer
Right now, Royal Caribbean is offering 30% off per person and $125 onboard credit. I'm looking to book for June 2019. Is this a good deal that I need to jump on or are they constantly offering deals like this? We were going to book Disney but our travel dates have changed making Disney way too expensive. I've never priced with RC so, I'm not familiar with their deals and offers. The deal expires tomorrow so, I'm trying to decide if I should proceed or wait.

I had a sailing priced for next Feb and the rate with the current Wow deal didn’t change from the last deal. Different promo but still same rate. However with the Wow deal we got $320 on board credit where it wasn’t there before.
Royal does have a lot of promos constantly, and they are similar in the end - but the WOW deal has best on board credit. So I’m told.
You should be able to get your rate adjusted if better deal comes out after you book and before you paid in full.

Booking now can't hurt. If the price drops you can call and have the price adjusted as long as it's before final payment date.

In my experience, it's always worked out better for me to book early.

The "Deal" is extended...but keep in mind, that there is always a next "deal". If you book though (Royal US site) and the price drops, then you can always call in anytime before your final payment date and get a lower price. If you are not 100% sure about the cruise itself, then you are probably better booking refundable rate (both refundable and non-refundable are eligible for price drops) . When checking prices, count any OBC and compare against net price as this all counts in the cost.

Btw, we booked 2 years out and I'm constantly monitoring for price drops.

When I book my during their last promotion (also 30% off). I selected nonrefundable rate. Does it mean I am stuck with the rate , even if better one comes along?

When I book my during their last promotion (also 30% off). I selected nonrefundable rate. Does it mean I am stuck with the rate , even if better one comes along?

You are eligible for price drops too up to your final payment date.

Difference between refundable and non-refundable.... For non-refundable , if you cancel before final payment date then you lose $100 per person (and remaining goes towards next cruise booked in a year). For refundable, you get your deposit back.

Last edited:

You are eligible for price drops too up to your final payment date.

Difference between refundable and non-refundable.... For non-refundable , if you cancel before final payment date then you lose $400 per person (and remaining goes towards next cruise booked in a year). For refundable, you get your deposit back.
$400? Is that for a suite? For a 7 night cruise in a non-suite the deposit total is only $250pp.

we just booked our cruise for nov 2019! I called, because im not trusting the website these days. I had him check our crown and anchor discount and compare with the wow sale. I'm not sure which he used, but I got the cruise for $400 less than I thought it would be and for each cabin I booked got $50 more obc than I expected as well! I'm a happy girl!

I've been tracking an April 2019 cruise on a spreadsheet with 3 different room category options for the last few months. The prices almost always come out to be the same or darn close. This WOW sale gives "$100 caribbean credit" but on the rooms I saw, reduces the OBC by about $50. So really the only price difference is $50 for me.

Don't get me wrong, $50 is $50, but not exactly mind-blowing.

I booked on a Wow sale 30%, for a Bermuda cruise (since that time, the rates went up 150$/pp for an inside room), the rate was low and got us a 50$ OBC for an inside room.

It paid the 2 specialty meals that I booked so I am very happy. :)

i have read a lot about the idea that booking early gets you the best rate. But it is difficult for us to know plans so far in advance.
Is there really a big difference for most Oasis class ship costs if you book 2 years out vs. about 9 months out?

i have read a lot about the idea that booking early gets you the best rate. But it is difficult for us to know plans so far in advance.
Is there really a big difference for most Oasis class ship costs if you book 2 years out vs. about 9 months out?

Regarding time frame......

During our Nov. 2016 Oasis Jr. Suite cruise we booked a 2018 March 7 Day Western Grand Suite cruise. Extra OBC and low deposit at booking. Email received in 2017-closer to original cruise date had same 7 Day Western with the Crown Loft in end of November cheaper than the March Grand Suite so I switched. In December 2017 received another email-30% one, with a 2 week earlier November cruise even less than end of Nov. so I switched again. Have been checking since latest switch and the cabin price for early Nov. cruise has GONE UP!

For our desired cruise an early booking did not = best cruise pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts