30 things about WDW Vacation - November wish lifestyle/weight loss challenge

Universal is fun. We usually go for 2 days in universal but it's just too expensive to do both now, the euro is down and disney annual increases & currency being down don't leave cash for both.

I must admit, for at least 15 years or more I have really hated to see myself in pictures. On the other hand, I don't know that wanting to see myself in pictures in the future is any kind of a motivator for me. I suppose I might be able to be happy with it someday since I'm going to lose the weight and I used to be fine with it when I was younger. My parents used to have a picture of a tiny me when I was callwd up on the stage at a show at the Universal Studios theme park in Southern California. And I remember getting to tour that Universal Studios back then, mostly that Battlestar Gallactica show and a Jaws ride that made me scream even though you could see hinges in the sharks open jaws. I loved to be scared when I was a kid. Lol. And I remember enjoying pictures when I was young.

I've been to the universal in Florida once that I can remember which was like 15 or 20 years ago. And now I would like to go back to see the Harry Potter attractions. It wasn't a park that I'd to get back to if not for wanting to see those things.

I think when I've not eaten right in the past it's been from a lot of different reasons. My biggest one that I'm fighting off in recent weeks is just not feeling well an awful lot of the time. My seasonal affective disorder has been kicking my butt lately. So when I feel like eating veggies I'm trying to feel good about at least that's a healthy craving and I don't think it hurts to eat as much lettuce or cauliflower or bell pepper as I want even if my body still needs some improvement in how well I digest them. It's just kind of a silly thing that it feels like being off track because some nights it's a large volume of food or it's grazing for a long time.

I was blessed to receive a free acupuncture session over at the school today! And I do feel a lot better since then. There's always something to be thankful for!

QOTD- 1. Love MM, it's the only way I am in the pictures. I am always the photographer, which I enjoy doing, and with a proper camera, not just a cell. My family tolerates it but I want them all! My 19yo son gives me grief if it is a character pic but one day I hope to have them in a pic with most of the characters so I can put in a scrapbook. I have not always been crazy about my appearance in th photos but I want my kids to remember me there as well. I think they will remember the activities, and fun we had, not that mom was too heavy.

2- My reasons for eating bad are stress and tired. This happens less and less now. When I skip meals it is bad, really hungry, same thing. It always comes down to poor planning. You know the saying..."If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail"

I had my stress test today. i think it was all good. Dr said the treadmill ekg looked good. I will get the results of all the echo and nuclear image part on Thursday. All I kept thinking while on the treadmill was that I was going to go flying off the end. I kept giggling imagining it. They had to keep increasing the speed and incline.to get my heart rate high enough. I was happy about that. What a difference a few months can make.

I

I think when I've not eaten right in the past it's been from a lot of different reasons. My biggest one that I'm fighting off in recent weeks is just not feeling well an awful lot of the time. My seasonal affective disorder has been kicking my butt lately. So when I feel like eating veggies I'm trying to feel good about at least that's a healthy craving and I don't think it hurts to eat as much lettuce or cauliflower or bell pepper as I want even if my body still needs some improvement in how well I digest them. It's just kind of a silly thing that it feels like being off track because some nights it's a large volume of food or it's grazing for a long time.
!
Too much food, even if it's low cal will make you feel like that, so I would say embrace the crapy feeling of being too full and remind yourself next time before the craving takes over. If hunger is signal to it, lack of physical hunger is signal to not eat and ignoring it to honor a craving is little mean to yourself. It's like your own body is telling you I had enough, and you ignore it. Too much veggies will end people hating them and mess up anyone's digestion. Could you try warm bath, painting nails, walk, couple of sun solutions - something calming and physical that is not food when the cravings hit next time?

I had cravings for bread and cheese last night and was like a child that had their toy taken from them. I was so sad, but I decided that I have had enough food and I won't eat and that's that. I know if I had one slice of cheese & bread I would have wanted more and end up few more probably and I knew the next morning I wont feel great about it. I fell rebellion against not eating when not hungry as there is comfort of eating even when not hungry and I was tired, it's cold out, and it's so busy. I could have apple, and I had one but I can't snack all night - I knew the right thing is to deal with the feeling of discomfort instead of trying to mute it with any food. It's strange feeling to describe, during weight loss it's easier to tolerate as the loss motivates you. During maintenance, old patterns and the comfort food can give, and the mute effect to feeling of discomfort - it's harder to talk myself out of it.

I didn't negotiate with myself and last night I decided I will just let it be (the feeling, not the cheese!). I will be sad and angry but I will own my feelings and won't be doing anything to change them.

It lasted about 1.5 hours, I watched netflix, I told my husband I am having a moment so can he please ignore my mood and I got on with it. Habitually doing things to avoid feelings backfires. Sometimes doing something to change the state I am is good, but it's just not good to continuously avoid discomfort. It's part of ACT therapy I talked before, acceptance and commitment. Accepting that negative thoughts and feelings are part of life but training myself to the committed actions in line with my values. I don't want my son seeing me eating 5 slices of cheese and bread after dinner to avoid feeling little off. I want to be good example of him. I don't want him to look for quick fix on the first sign of discomfort. I want him to pursue his goals, even when it isn't to do so. LIfe is like that, sometimes it simply sucks and even when life is good, the mind is like that - it has it's moments. Sometimes I don't feel like cooking, going to work, exercising or brushing my teeth. And naturally when I feel discomfort I want to stop feeling it. But I don't have to. It's all good. Feeling sad or tired or angry won't kill me. Developing skills to deal with it without doing actions that take me away from where I want to be is possible.

So I guess this is my whoohoo of the week. I felt crappy, I really wanted a lot of cheese and bread, but I didn't have any. I let the feeling stay without fighting it and I woke up feeling good about it next morning.

Last edited:
I would like to join! Our next trip is in October of 2018 and I would like to lose 30 pounds before we go. I have more than that to lose, but I wanted to set something realistic to start.

Thanks for letting me join!

Every wednesday we do WhooHoo day, meaning people post great things that happened or worked for them his week.

Also, feel free to tell us about your plan to get you to your goal. The monthly host posts topics, however you can just post how things are going, or both if you prefer without answering the questions. Also at any time everyone is welcome to post questions or topics they are interested in

:)

13129498_688798437929464_40682865_n.jpg

I posted this picture before! My WhooHoo this Wednesday - I feel I looked my discomfort in the eyes last night and I said - no, you move! I normally do things, as walk or yoga to avoid over snacking and that's fine. But last night I felt I will plant myself like a tree and let it be, without doing anything to escape it. I looked at it and I said, fine, be here, but I am not snacking - be and be gone. I am not moving!

Every wednesday we do WhooHoo day, meaning people post great things that happened or worked for them his week.

Also, feel free to tell us about your plan to get you to your goal. The monthly host posts topics, however you can just post how things are going, or both if you prefer without answering the questions. Also at any time everyone is welcome to post questions or topics they are interested in

:)

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to post later today.

I'm going to start with eliminating soft drinks and fried food through the end of the year. Then I'll work on other lifestyle changes once I get that nailed down!

My woohoo -- I went to the rec last night. I did 1 hour on the treadmill. It did not feel like an hour. I started watching Anne with and E (new version of Anne of Green Gables) on Netflix. I loved this show as a kid and it sucked me right back in. I really need to have my daughter watch it. After I got done with the treadmill I did some work on my core and legs. I did planks and reverse planks on the exercise ball, front and side lunges and some leg kicks that work out your behind. I am a little bit sore today but it is not really that bad.

Tonight I am trying to decide if I want to go to the PTA meeting for the kids school. I am not really wanting to go. This is the first week that we have nothing going on and I want to finally have me time and go work out. I am thinking that is what I will do.

WooHoo!

Yesterday I had my pre-vacation hair appointment for color and I love, love, love what she did - she painted in highlights in addition to touching up the roots and its one of the nicest color jobs I've ever had. I also needed my undercut cleaned up and my regular gal wasn't there so some else did it - and woohoo I was able to get her to just shave it. My regular gal is going to be upset because she had a vision of how she was trying to reshape it, but I am so happy, I love the clean feeling of not having hair on my neck or over my ears. So after a day that was largely spent in grumpy-land, it ended in a high note and I started to actually get excited about how things are coming together for vacation.

I checked my flight times for Friday and I depart at 9am, so I'll be getting up around my normal time for a work day which makes me very happy. I was thinking the flight was at 6am and was dreading the 3am wake up.

Today I have a Rolfing appointment that I am so looking forward to... I thought it was going to be tomorrow but today is even better because it leaves tomorrow evening open for packing, cleaning etc.

And the biggest woohoo of all - VACATION! I've been a bit so-so about it, but am finally getting in to the mood... it's such an easy trip, made so many times. I am taking a daytime non-stop this time where I usually take a red eye, so that's going to be different. I get in at 5:30pm and have a dinner reservation at Teppan Edo at 8:50pm... kind of magical just to think about. Overall the weather looks pretty good for the time I'l be there, a couple days with chance of showers but temps are predicted to be high 70's, which really is ideal.

Happy Wednesday all!

Woohoo Wednesday- my magic bands arrive today! Usually I am so on top of things when planning a trip but feel to caught up in other projects, work, dr stuff...I still need to make hotel res for our couple nights at Seaworld. I totally forgot that I had not done it. That is one of my projects for tomorrow. My list is too long but I will see how much I can do. I just got off the treadmill now, 10:30 at night to get my steps in. I am tired and din't really feel like it but I thought about how I would feel tonorrow if I didn't get enough steps in.

Topic of the day - Rope Drop or late visit to Magic Kingodom?
Question of the day - do you prefer exercise in the morning or in the evening, and how do you make it work when life is busy?

VideoTimelapseRopeDrop.jpg
2007111612.jpg

Question 1: I'm a rope drop to close kind of WDW visitor, usually because my trips aren't that long (5-6 days max) and I want to optimize my time. Although I'm going with my mother in April and I'm planning - for the very first time - to intentionally miss rope drop on an MK day. It will be Dapper Day, so we'll need extra time to get ready in the morning!

Question 2: I actually exercise on my lunch break. I like to have a quiet, calm morning and usually my Bible study takes too long for me to get much else done and I'm not waking up any earlier than I already do. When I first started trying to exercise regularly, about two years ago, I did it after work. But I soon found that it was much too easy to make up excuses to skip workouts because I had so much 'to get done' (I really didn't- I was just lazy). But there is a workout room on site at work which is not only free but really convenient. So I fit in my 30 minute workouts during my lunch break at least 4 times a week and I've been able to do that pretty steadily for about a year. And it's the best compromise because I don't have to adjust my sleep schedule or take up precious after work time with exercise!

I am not a morning person at all except at Disney. At Disney I have no problem getting up at 6 but for work I am never up on time. We usually do Rope Drop and then take a mid day break and stay at the parks until after the night time show. Our first two trips I did make everyone stay from rope drop to after the night time show.

For working out during the week i work out at night. Remember above. I can't wake up early enough for work. There is no way I will be getting up even earlier to work out. On the weekends I like going at about 10 when I am finally awake enough.

++++++++

Last night I decided to skip the PTA meeting and work out. I did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. I am loving watching Anne with an E. I was so into the show I almost feel when the treadmill slowed down for the cool down at the 60 minute mark. i wasn't paying attention at all to the time. I could have walked another hour and not noticed. I have also been eating pretty good however my weight is going up. I am going to keep with it as i think more of the weight gain is from having my "friend" next week. We will see what happens next week.

1. I am a RD, or just after, type of person. With the time change going from the west coast to the east, my body clock naturally gets me up in time to make an early park entrance. Last trip we did get to MK for 7am EMH and that was a bit rough getting out of bed, but worth it. I always take a mid-day break back at the resort for a power nap, then head out again in the evening. I used to exit the evening park just before closing, but recently discovered the delight of lingering and letting the masses out ahead of me, particularly at EPCOT.

2. If I exercise, its usually walking and to get to 10,000 steps I have to break it up and do it throughout the day, starting with walking laps at the bus stop in the morning. When I was taking Pilates it was usually a morning class, mostly so that the day time was open for other things but it also set the day up nicely for feeling good. I've been thinking of starting yoga, and if I do it'll be evening classes, to unwind and de-stress from the day.

Today is the last day in the office... this time tomorrow I'll be sitting at my gate at the airport, waiting to board. Tonight I just have to pack and do some light cleaning, oh and run to the store to get some more cat food. The first few days of the trip there's a chance of showers and this actually makes me very happy... for fall trips it's a bit of an adjustment going from the damp darkness (sunset is currently at 4:30pm here) back in to the sunshine and heat, so I'm down with a little moisture to ease the transition. The rest of the trip the forecast is for high 70's, which is perfect. Rolfing last night was excellent, and I'm feeling pretty chipper this morning. I've cleared a few meetings off my calendar because frankly, I really don't care to work very hard today.

While I'm at WDW I'll try to come up with some things to post about, and will take up the QOTD on the 20th when I return. Happy trails everyone!

I started writing a reply twice over the past few days and then the day got away from me and I forgot--- yeesh! It's one of those weeks....

Anyway, breezing through the questions here:

Pictures: SUCH a motivator for me! I'm admittedly vain and have really missed enjoying photos of myself these past few years. I realized as I was trying to make side by side photos of my progress just how good I had gotten at hiding my body from the camera while still having cute selfies at my heaviest... I'm definitely enjoying MM at the parks more, and keeping many more of my photos that are full body shots these days Haha!

Motivators: I'm a perfectionist so seeing that I finished the day on goal/track in the WW app is a good motivator for me. I don't like the feeling of "failure" when I go over my points for the day. What gets me to make not so healthy choices is always celebrations, parties, and alcohol... definitely my weak spot that I will be battling for a while.

Woohoo!!! On Monday, DH and I finally nailed down our "Holiday Themed Weekend" in Orlando for this year. We are even taking an extra day off work and making it a long weekend to see all the holiday stuff. Hotels are booked and we decided to treat ourselves to one night on site at Universal for Express Pass... I gotta say, Disney will always, always have my heart, but I'm super excited a) for the new Harry Potter holiday stuff and b) not to have to plan so much!

Morning vs Evening: I loooove rope drop. DH and I get so much done and I love the feeling of the magic in the air that early-- everyone (including ourselves) is happy and excited for the day and no one is hot and cranky yet, so in my crazy head, I feel like it adds to the collective experience. I can't make it all day after rope drop though, so a midday break is almost always in order.

As for exercising, a few times I have woken up early to exercise, but I just haaaate getting up early. I've tried for years to try to be a morning person, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's just not for me! So I workout after work -- I used to use the "I'm too busy excuse" too, but the truth is, if I plan it all out, and plan to succeed with my time management, then I have little trouble fitting in exercise, some light chores, cooking both dinner and lunch the next day, AND time for a little TV with my Halo Top :rolleyes1

If it was just me, I would rope drop, nap in afternoon and then stay all night at a park. But...once my kids hit the mid teens it was the later(both rising and staying) the better. We do less park time and more meals, pools, movies, resort stuff... I miss it a bit. When they were young we did not need to do rope drop to get it all in and i can remeber being in MK at 3am. Ah, those were the days.

I like to work out mid morning or early afternoon. I struggle with sleep and getting up. By the time I make dinner, household stuff, walk the dog , I do not feel like getting on the treadmill but I will if I did not get my 10k steps in.

I weighed in this am and am down a total of 41.8pounds. That was 1.8 last week and 1.4 this week. I really want to hit 50 by the end of yr but with the holidays and a week long trip to WDW and seaworld I am not sure if that will happem. I just got an email from Disney food blog with all these great new dessert for the MVMCP-never should have opened it.

I got my results from the cardiologist today and he said my heart is fine, just a weird heart pattern on the ekg and said it will always look odd like that.

I'm in again! We were out of town the beginning of the month and I just never seemed to get my act together to come here once we got back. One thing I disliked about being gone was there was no "structured" exercise to offset my calories! Darn it. So I was over calories a couple days, but I had over 20,000 steps those days! I considered it a wash. My scale did, too! I was actually down a bit this morning. yahoo

So I am keeping my same goals as last month: logging all food and keeping track of steps, making sure I get a minimum of 5000 (which is pretty easy!). I am adding some weight lifting. Nothing major and just 3X a week. We'll see how it goes!

I can't remember most of the questions (can I blame it on being over 50?!) but... I am soooo a rope drop person! We take the parks commando and usually have done everything we want by 11. The rest of the day is just gravy!! I exercise in the morning. I get up at o'dark thirty and head to the gym. Then if I can make it after work MWF I go to yoga. I try really, really hard to make it to Friday's class. It's restorative and just so totally relaxing.

We usually use memory maker. I really like having everyone in the pictures. My mom is big and she always hides behind everybody. I think that's why I don't do that. So what if you can count my chins--look at my happy smile!

Bad eating--I usually am just bored, or having some emotional reaction I haven't figured out yet! I still log them. It's such a big motivator for me to plug food into MFP and stay below the calorie limit.

We like Universal. We've been twice and both times spent a night on property so we could have the front of the line option. We figure that super expensive hotel is worth the cost in time it saves us--remember, commando woman here.

No trips to anywhere in our future--last weekend's trip was for family weekend in NYC for our son's college. It replaced our 30 year anniversary trip to Disneyland we were going to take this weekend. Lovely to see our child, but the NYC experience does not compare to Disney! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter