30 years and NO We're NOT taking the kids! bwahahaha!

Tinatheneedle

Mouseketeer
Hi there!
This PTR is the result of a months worth of constant lurking, to the point where my house is a dusty mess, the fridge is empty, I've developed carpal tunnel from scrolling on the iPad and I need stronger reading glasses.:eek:

For my first post, I decided to go all the way and begin what I hope to be 9 months of fun planning. However, I know that I will be making decisions, changing my mind, making more decisions, waffling about those decisions and generally letting you in on a little bit of my life. Maybe one or two of the things we plan helps someone with their own trip -so many of you have helped me and inspired me in ways that have nothing to do with WDW. From beautiful stories of weight loss, families with special needs children, and hilarious laugh-out-loud moments to photos of fun custom clothes and bags, I've loved it all! So from my heart I thank each and every one of you who has taken the time and made the huge effort to write a PTR/TR.:worship:
A little about me:
DH and I are 50ish, we've been married for 30 years as of next May :love:and somehow we can still stand to travel together. Most of the time. To be honest, we have a great time together and DH travels for his job, so getting away to WDW will be a memorable way to escape reality for a week.
The rest of the cast who will NOT be attending this anniversary trip: DD27 and DH25. They are both finally off the dad payroll :banana:and live their own lives. Lest you think we are selfish by not taking children, we are taking the DS and his DGF to Las Vegas over spring break. DD can't come for a variety of reasons, which I will try not to mention but I'm sure it will come out eventually. I promise not to harp on and on and on about the DSiL...

That's enough for now. Hopefully anyone who has started to read this is not in a coma from boredom!

Thanks for checking it out!
Chrispooh:

:welcome:

I look forward to hearing all about the planning and woo hoo :cheer2: to a trip without the kiddos. Also congrats on 30 years together. My DH and I don't have kids yet, but I have said that I won't hesitate to leave them behind on some Disney trips if we need our adult time.

i just realized that some of you may think I'm a crazed and violent member of the Mob based on the "Tinatheneedle" name! Ahhh...Let me explain. My name came about because 1) my full name is Christina (so there's the Tina) and 2) I love to sew ( so there's the needle)!

I am a quilter and if you've ever met one of us you know that most all of us collect fabric, gadgets, sewing machines, and pretty much anything related to sewing. I am no exception. Look to future posts to see some of my creations!

Ok. To make this a Legal PTR Post, i can tell you that we made plane reservations, so it's official! We arrive next May 14 and stay for a week. We managed to use airline miles so the tickets were pretty much free! :cool1:

Chrispooh:

:welcome:

I look forward to hearing all about the planning and woo hoo :cheer2: to a trip without the kiddos. Also congrats on 30 years together. My DH and I don't have kids yet, but I have said that I won't hesitate to leave them behind on some Disney trips if we need our adult time.

Pirateslife! I'm looking forward to the planning and organizing as much as the trip itself...but I'm in good company on these boards!

Can you tell I'm trying to get to 10 posts? So much has happened since my last update, but in a nutshell, all our plans have changed. I think that happens a lot on these boards because LIFE happens!

So when I last left you, we were going to spend our 30th anniversary at the BC in a nice room with a view of the pool. That would be happening in May. And we were taking the DS and his GF to Las Vegas for a couple of days during Spring Break.
Is that still happening? Stay tuned while I work toward 10 posts.

I promise to get the photos going as soon as I figure out how to upload them. Right now I'm on a mission, as you can probably tell! So a little more about the trip! We booked this trip way back in July? Maybe August? And in January when the discounts came out, we managed to get the YC pool view in a package that saved over a thousand dollars! Yea for discounts. Would we keep the package? Or does more life stuff happen?

30th anniversary? Umm, I don't think kids would be invited on mine either. Don't get me wrong I adore my children but 30 years together is HUGE, Congratulations on reaching that milestone!

Both our son and his GF are teachers and coaches. If you ever thought coaches had an easy life, just try it sometime! Here in Texas, we take our sports (especially football) seriously, so high school coaches work all year long. They put in countless hours planning, driving busses, laundering uniforms, cleaning, and sometimes they actually teach and coach, too! It's all part of the job. So why am I telling you all this? Because DS wanted to go on a little vacation with his GF. They wanted to go to Universal and maybe Disney for a few days. We gave them air miles to get there, but their budget just wouldn't stretch far enough for both parks. DS is a huge HP fan and GF loves Disney. What are parents going to do?
You guessed it- invite them on our anniversary trip. Except some big changes have to happen. More on that, but first I am going to learn the photo thing before this gets more boring! Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter