30th Birthday trip : A review

Viking7641

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

I got back about a week ago from my 2nd WDW/Universal trip, and my first not solo! I took along my sister. And we had an absolute blast!

I'm gonna give my thoughts on some elements of the trip, mainly as a way of reliving it before I can go again. 31st Birthday?......................

Day 1 (4/26) : Travel, CityWalk, Cabana Bay

After a bit of trouble the night before (last minute flight cancellation and change). We arose. Well, lurched out of bed at 2:30. Car arrived at 3 AM, smooth drive to Logan Airport.

Flight was fine, though we got changed from a direct flight to an indirect one.

Landed at MCO at about 1:30 ish in the afternoon. Later than planned (we booked a morning arrival) but it all worked out!

Waiting for bags was a bit slow, and we were a bit dead to the world. But stepping out for our Lyft helped. It was SO NICE to feel the temperatures near 80.

We got our Lyft which was 5*. $25 + a tip to get us to

CABANA BAY
31390246_10100863532276645_294336731104800683_n.jpg

Cabana Bay was fantastic for the price we paid (below $200 a night!)

Positives

Resort itself was very nice. Well themed, clean, friendly staff. Lots of details to look at
Room was HUGE. Beds were great.
Pools were great, lots of chairs, lots of shade. Pools themselves were fun (And we aren't pool people, we are ocean people)
Food was decent.
Starbucks!
Buses were fast and convenient.

Negatives

Room was quite a hike from everything. About as far as it could get.
Band kids! Not a huge problem, but they all got breakfast at 7 AM. Chaos! They also didn't know how to stand in lines (we have an English/Japanese sensibility about queuing properly)

We put our bags in our room, watched a bit of TV and then hit Citywalk.

Citywalk is really great. Compact, interesting layout with a lot to see. We were on a bit of a budget and hit Breadbox sandwiches. Which we both would recommend! The hot veggie sandwiches were great, and the place had TATER TOTS. Which everyone knows are vastly superior to fries. They also gave us nice large glasses of tap water with ice. Didn't have that overwhelming swamp taste that Orlando water does.

After Breadbox we tried to go to Voodoo donuts, but the 45 minute wait wasn't worth it. Instead we went straight to see Avengers Infinity War. The theater was fine, extremely busy and not as nice as the one at home (I was surprised by this).

We then went back to the hotel and walked, and walked to the room for some shut eye. Because the next day was Universal Studios day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter