33 days out...eeek!!! Packing questions

MouseMum

Disney Daydreamer
So excited about our upcoming trip!!!!! :yay: 33 days to Disney! :banana:

Well, we're headed to the beach first for 3 days, with a 2-day drive in there, so we're actually leaving in 27!

Just wondering, when do you all begin your packing? And who's got the best packing list?

I start packing about when I book the trip... sort of! I keep a plastic bin that is my "Disney box." In it goes all the "essentials" that arent going to be used before the trip... clip on stroller fans, disposable ponchos, new PJs, surprises I've collected, etc, etc. I make myself a good packing list a week or two before and start thinking about suitcases. Your packing list will probably look a lot different depending on if you are flying to driving! I like to pack well head of time, though going in the same season as the clothes we are currently wearing sometimes makes that difficult. My kids only have so many pairs of shorts.

We are headed to Disney in 32 days! I too have a plastic tote where I store the items I will be packing for Disney that we will not be using before the trip. I have a pretty extensive packing list, which I upgraded for this year's trip because we will also be going on the Disney Cruise! At this point my packing is all technologically based (spreadsheets based on items to bring, outfits to pack, etc). I will probably begin putting the items into actual suitcases the week before we leave.

I start packing about when I book the trip... sort of! I keep a plastic bin that is my "Disney box." In it goes all the "essentials" that arent going to be used before the trip... clip on stroller fans, disposable ponchos, new PJs, surprises I've collected, etc, etc. I make myself a good packing list a week or two before and start thinking about suitcases. Your packing list will probably look a lot different depending on if you are flying to driving! I like to pack well head of time, though going in the same season as the clothes we are currently wearing sometimes makes that difficult. My kids only have so many pairs of shorts.

It's only our second trip (but we're now hooked!). Our once-in-a-lifetime Disney vacation has made a detour (did I say we're hooked?) and now I wish I kept my list (I'm a list-maker)!

We are headed to Disney in 32 days! I too have a plastic tote where I store the items I will be packing for Disney that we will not be using before the trip. I have a pretty extensive packing list, which I upgraded for this year's trip because we will also be going on the Disney Cruise! At this point my packing is all technologically based (spreadsheets based on items to bring, outfits to pack, etc). I will probably begin putting the items into actual suitcases the week before we leave.

Technologically based :thumbsup2 I like the idea that you and @kcpinwdw have in throwing things in a bin ahead of time. I have my Chilly Pads and little fans in my closet somewhere. That's as far as I am pre-pared!

I leave on Friday. I will probably start packing Thursday night. When I'm feeling super ambitious I'll pack about three days early.

:rotfl2::rotfl:Love it!

My DD does the same thing! She has her Disney bin set aside and as soon as we book a trip she hauls it out, prints up her packing list and then decides what we will need. She and DSIL then start shopping a little at a time to add all those essential items to the bin.

I pull out my little tote and the week before i toss all my stuff in that! LOL!

I leave on Friday. I will probably start packing Thursday night. When I'm feeling super ambitious I'll pack about three days early.

LOL! Me too! I always plan to pack early but that never happens. The only things I have ready are the new clothes I buy, and the new cosmetics I buy the week before.

I had to go back and reread this because it sounded just like I posted it!!! We are going on our first WDW/DCL trip this year and my bin is growing! I have a packing list on a spread sheet that I check off as I put it in the bin. Some people call me an over packer but I believe you are never to prepared ;)

I had to go back and reread this because it sounded just like I posted it!!! We are going on our first WDW/DCL trip this year and my bin is growing! I have a packing list on a spread sheet that I check off as I put it in the bin. Some people call me an over packer but I believe you are never to prepared ;)

I'm with you. You wouldn't believe the things I brought last year! But used the majority of them...even the walking boot from a previous ankle injury ;)

Looks like we're heading out at about the same time! :dogdance: I got a sneaking suspicion I'd better kick it up a notch. I mean, chilly pads and little fans aren't much to have in my "Disney closet" right about now. :upsidedow

I just keep a running list on my phone as I think of things. I won't actually pack until the day before we leave!

Some (maybe non-obvious) things I will bring... ziplock bags for snacks that we ordered from GG, a candle and matches for the bathroom :teeth:, lots of band-aids for my tripping-prone 2 year old, beach towels (even though we fly, it's just better to bring them).

We'll be at Poly in 33 days!

Now that I have my son, we do our trip packing the night before a trip. Any earlier and we won't have enough clean clothes available to pack. I do make a packing list a week in advance and add to it throughout the week to make sure I don't forget anything.

I just keep a running list on my phone as I think of things. I won't actually pack until the day before we leave!

Some (maybe non-obvious) things I will bring... ziplock bags for snacks that we ordered from GG, a candle and matches for the bathroom :teeth:, lots of band-aids for my tripping-prone 2 year old, beach towels (even though we fly, it's just better to bring them).

We'll be at Poly in 33 days!

Poly for us too!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

It's only our second trip (but we're now hooked!). Our once-in-a-lifetime Disney vacation has made a detour (did I say we're hooked?) and now I wish I kept my list (I'm a list-maker)!

Technologically based :thumbsup2 I like the idea that you and @kcpinwdw have in throwing things in a bin ahead of time. I have my Chilly Pads and little fans in my closet somewhere. That's as far as I am pre-pared!

:rotfl2::rotfl:Love it!

What are Chilly Pads? We have been going to DW yearly, but usually in February, due to it being our school vacation (I am a teacher). In February we don't have to worry about excessive heat. Are Chilly Pads something I should know about?

Can you ever really overpack for Disney???? I am fanatical about my packing...I start with my lists months in advance...I never want to get there and realize that I forgot something! o_O

Looks like we're heading out at about the same time! :dogdance: I got a sneaking suspicion I'd better kick it up a notch. I mean, chilly pads and little fans aren't much to have in my "Disney closet" right about now. :upsidedow

It's definitely time to kick it up a notch! Planning for the packing is fun for me...it gets me excited about the upcoming trip!!! What other items, do you think, are "must haves" for Disney in the summer????

I dunno, DD & I just got back from a week on Lake Erie...and we leave for WDW in 32 days!!!

I have to empty the suitcase before I can pack for WDW!

Probably the majority of things will be packed the week before. Day before for clothes since we are wearing warm weather clothes now.

What are Chilly Pads? We have been going to DW yearly, but usually in February, due to it being our school vacation (I am a teacher). In February we don't have to worry about excessive heat. Are Chilly Pads something I should know about?

OMG! I would've melted last year without my Chilly Pad! Here's the link to it on Amazon. You HAVE to order one for everyone. They will love you for it!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HF4FUIG/ref=twister_B0049RPBWW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter