It's on my mind today too. I have been watching CNN more than usual today (it's on in the background). The fact that "Saddam" is parading around Baghdad and stirring up the locals isn't helping.

Posion being dumped in the river there? New on CNN...lots of info coming out today - hard to keep up with it all.

Desparate people will do desparate things. I think Saddam is dead. There's no way that guy is going to be "out and about" in broad daylight knowing that there are soldiers looking to assassinate him. No way. Its an old tape.

airhead

Sorry C.Ann...I don't know if the poison in the river is true or not. It was just something they were reporting. Wolf was asking if it was to be believed. So hard to believe anything these days!!

Time to move away from the computer and the tv!

Jill...who is off to see my 2nd graders class and their dinosaur projects. Much nicer!

If something is going to happen, I don't think we can even fathom what it might be. We are not evil people and only evil people can think of things which might harm others.

Let's all say an extra prayer that our troops are safe and return home soon.

Apparantly Iraqi planes have not been seen in the air since the war started. Would they send pilots up in their planes for a kamakazi mission? I would think that they'd be shot down before they could do much damage...but this was mentioned somewhere (can't remember where though.)

C. Ann, honey. Stop. You cannot allow yourself to become so upset over something that "might" happen. You will make yourself ill.

Back away from this, now. Stop trying to imagine what might happen, try to stop. I know it's hard. Take a break. Go post something "fluffy" on the cb. You can worry about this later if you need to. I think you need a little break right now.

Katholyn

I've been away most of the day and this is the first I've heard of this --- have to admit that It is scary! Think it is time for me to get involved in the FLUFF over on the CB -- it was making me feel SO GOOD!

C.Ann

No matter what happens, we have the best people in the right place to handle it. That does not mean that problems will not impact us, but these very brave individuals have been trained in terror warfare. I am sure as they are securing airports, schools, etc., they have teams of bomb experts to detinate. (Remember the bridge 50 miles from Bagdad)? We detinated the bombs before they could blow it up.

Also, don't ever worry about something. Worry and guilt are two useless emotions. Most of the stuff we all worry about never comes to fruitation and the stuff worth worrying about hits us so fast, it never gives us a chance to worry. So, enjoy your day, tomorrow will be better!:)

We know these people have minds that come up with more evil than we can ever imagine. However, worrying about it isn't going to help. What we can do is have confidence in our military and their ability to think "one step ahead".

One possibility could be using their "child" army. I saw this morning how they have children as young as six that have been trained to shoot AK-47's and detonate grenades etc. The majority of these children (boys & girls) are 10-15 years old. They may try to use them in Kamikaze missions figuring we will not react. However, our military has been trained in how to deal with this situation. I know our men will probably have problems if it comes to fighting children but they will do it knowing they are keeping their own children safe.

Hopefully, this "threat" today will be responded to quickly and completely before we lose too many of our own and our ally troops.

Also, don't ever worry about something. Worry and guilt are two useless emotions. Most of the stuff we all worry about never comes to fruitation and the stuff worth worrying about hits us so fast, it never gives us a chance to worry.

Very well said, Laurajean.

Also, we must consider the possiblity that this is just a bluff. I'm not sure what benefits they could get from it but then I haven't been able to figure out why they are denying that we have taken the airport too. Their citizens can see that we have for themselves.

It scares me a bit too because of Dh being in Kuwait, and Bobby and others being in Kuwait.

They do blow a lot of hot air, and most threats they make are just that.....threats. Most things they say don't happen. Don't forget that we are 100's of miles from Baghdad and they are Slaughtering our soldiers and we are retreating. They did say that whatever they plan will make a graveyard for our soldiers who are in the aiport. They claim they have the airport surrounded.

I really think that it is probably just a scare tactic since that is all they seem to be able to do. There army is no match for us. Saddam sits there and asks his people to Martyr themselves so he can be saved.
I will be glad when the sunrises in Baghdad though.

Melanie

Me too, Melanie. {{{HUGS}}} sweetie. Prayers for your husband and his comrades in arms to remain unharmed and safe.

Katholyn

the iraqi's lack sufficent explosives to "blow up the entire city of Baghdad"....simply a fact.

the iraqi 'air force' has not been seen....as....a) their "air force" has been reduced to less than 100 planes.....and they know darn well....that as soon as they take off...we will know it...and eliminate them from the battle.....

as to the "possible" actions tonight......first....I doubt they will occur "tonight"......while I hae no Idea what "they" meant......let's examine the facts here.....the only thing that 'they' could do...is to try to make the US look bad....ie further illegal, illmoral actions like sending women anc children ahead of their fighters.....assuming....(and this is a BIG assumption) that the doomed Iraqi leaders do not have WMD....what else can..would they have to "do" ???

In the big picture....my opinion is...this is going very, very well.

and lest anyone wishes to flame me without impuitity.....I have 1 employee and 2 other friends now on the ground in Iraq.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter