36 Hours of Disney

Mouseketeer
Flying down one day flying back the next. Anyone ever do this and have any hints? Arriving 8am and leaving next day 9:30pm. Staying at All Star Music, 2 day hopper passes. Mother/daughter trip (both adults) Any advice?

Depends what your priorities are. If you want to do all 4 parks, DHS/EP one day and AK/MK the other. I’d pick which days based on park hours, EMH, or possible special events to see what makes most sense.

We did a mother-daughter 2 night/1 park day trip in January... 1 day hopper plus DAH at MK... a very FULL day but super fun! Highly recommend a DAH event if it's available during your trip-- it can really help you make the most of your park hours. Have a great time!

Gee...I'm not sure I can help as my mind can't reason out only 2 days in Disney..... :sad1:....but let me try! :crazy: I'd say MK is a definite! I'd spend two days there since you have hopper. One day in MK/EPCOT and the other MK/either HS or AK. You decide what you and your daughter enjoy more and then pick either the Studios or AK. For me....one day in MK just doesn't work.....there is SO much to do there and it deserves the extra day! pixiedust:

Good for you! I agree 36 hours in Disney is better than 0 hours! What are the dates of your trip? It would help to know when you are going but of course my suggestion would be full day/night at MK or start off the arrival morning at HS or AK then head over to MK for rest of the day then second day I would most likely head to Epcot and do world showcase with 2 adults but whatever you decide I am sure you are going to have a blast! Enjoy!

I have done a similar trip. As others said, take Uber/Lyft from the airport and not wait for the bus. It's $30ish. Of course your choice but I'd do one day MK and the other day AK but if you're set on PH tickets, then use Uber/Lyft to get from park to park. Right around $5-$10 per ride and you don't want to potentially spend 45 minutes waiting for a bus. Oh, and have a great time!!!

In 2013 we were in Orlando for a different thing and capped it off with 1.5 days at Disney. We did the halloween party on Sunday night and then did MK/DHS/MK the second day. It was fun!

I did this solo on the FRI/SAT that was the last days of The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure. I was hoping the wife could join, but some issues came up. I went just to see these one last time, and of course, do some other stuff. Flew down early morning, back the next day late at night. It was in AUG, so quite hot. Had a good time running around to all of the parks.

Minimize sleep, travel only with carry on luggage. Rope drop the parks, and if these two days are Sat/Sun keep in mind that MK is slammed on Saturday(Sunday morning is better.) Using Uber/taxi to/from MCO is also good advice.

Fun! First of all, sleep is for the weak! I would minimize time in the room because you can sleep at home/on the plane, etc. ;)

I would suggest having a rental car - The buses can take so long! Plus you can leave your luggage in there on the second day and not have the super early Magical Express meet up back at All Stars.

I'd probably choose my parks based on EMH but my likely plan would be to start the first day in MK then maybe spend the evening in Epcot because I love World Showcase at night! If MK was open late, I'd hop back over there to squeeze out every minute. The second day, I'd likely go to AK first and then back to Epcot. I don't think I'd bother with Studios on such a short visit.

My sister and I have done 2 of the 24 hour events - your subject line made me hopeful for another!

Be prepared for the crash the day after. You're probably waking up around 3am for your flight. Adrenaline will carry you through the 2 days, but by the time you arrive home it will be closer to 48 hours later. Can you take the next day off of work?
I would not waste time on Disney transport. Rent a car, if possible.
Don't try to do too much. Take it at the same pace as a longer trip and enjoy what you can get done.

Be prepared for the crash the day after. You're probably waking up around 3am for your flight. Adrenaline will carry you through the 2 days, but by the time you arrive home it will be closer to 48 hours later. Can you take the next day off of work?
I would not waste time on Disney transport. Rent a car, if possible.
Don't try to do too much. Take it at the same pace as a longer trip and enjoy what you can get done.

Yeah this. 2 airports, a few hours of waiting, being up in the plane and then getting to the resort....it takes a lot out of you. We didn't get much done that first day and our flight was 8am. Travel is hard. Honestly I get the airfare was good and this was all you could afford, but I would have waited until I could have done a couple more days. But that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter