39inches 3 year old dare devil, Slinky Dog Dash and others?

aceburton1

Earning My Ears
My daughter absolutely loves any kind of thrill ride that she will be able to go on. However, even though she does love these things, I am a little afraid of safety issues with her being only 3 years old. She's just a tall girl that's sort of a tom-boy. Was wondering what you all think about her going on the Slinky Dog Dash (especially)? However, she still has three months to grow before our trip and I am wondering if she will be tall enough to Fastpass Splash Mountain too? Advice, please? I know that she will want to go on these rides if they are safe enough at her height, but if she is exactly 40inches on our trip will CM's let her on the ride with a Fastpass? Just not sure what to do.

If she's tall enough to meet the height requirements, I'm not sure why it would be a safety issue? They have a place to measure kids at the ride, if she is tall enough she's good to go.

My DS had just turned 3 for our trip in June, and he was exactly 40 inches with his sneakers on. He's also a dare devil (he had LOVED 7DMT when he was only 2.5) and is very tall for his age, but I shared your concerns. Needless to say, he rode Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Test Track, Star Tours, etc. and loved them. I kept my arm around him on some of the turns, but that was mostly just my mom paranoia! I'll definitely be taking him on SDD when we go back in November.

I wouldn't worry. As PP said, if the height requirements are met, there isn't a safety issue! I'd measure her with sneakers on and book the 40 inch FPs. Have fun!! :)

My 2.5 yo is tall enough to ride the 38 inch rides but I can’t get past the image in my head of him just like flapping around on these bigger rides. We’re going in January (he will be just shy of 3) and even though he’s tall enough I just feel like he wouldn’t be able to hold on enough...am I being crazy??

3 months before our trip our daughter was measuring 37 inches without shoes. So I figured we would be happy if she could do the small coasters (another thrill seeker). But she grew a lot and now we are two weeks away and is measuring 40 inches with sketchers sneakers in the morning. Our fast passes are for later afternoon so we will see. I’m hoping she can ride. She’ll be so sad if her brothers can go and she can’t. That’s obviously going to happen for space mountain but my mother in law already plans to take her in the shops or carousel.

My son did 7DMT when he was 3.5 and loved it! I also had my arm around him on some of the turns. Mostly, I was worried the force of the turns would swing his head because his neck muscles were less strong. My arm was the perfect bit of cushioning and all was good!

If she's tall enough to meet the height requirements, I'm not sure why it would be a safety issue? They have a place to measure kids at the ride, if she is tall enough she's good to go.

I agree. However, this will boil down to comfort as a parent. I am okay as long as height is met, especially if I am riding with them. They would not let her on if it was cause for concern!

I think a lot of the height requirement comes from maturity. And you know your child best. Even if tall enough, will she know how to sit properly, not try to climb out, etc.

We just got back from our trip and my DS is 39 inches and almost three (a few days away) and he loves SDD that was his favorite! He also enjoyed SDMT. The cast members were great at making sure he was properly strapped in before the ride started.

My daughter was a daredevil and had no problems with any rides, but I have seen older children cry and not want to go. If she wants to go and Mets the height requirements, go for it. She will be safe.

My son is tall and was able to ride 40'' rides 3 months before 3. We were at Disneyland so we did their test track, soarin, and their kiddy coaster. He loved them all. I would have done splash mountain but we ran out of time.

Of the 40'' rides at WDW, I would not have taken him on Space Mountain, Dinosaur, or Tower of Terror (and maybe Big Thunder because we slide around a lot on it) but he would have been fine with any of the other 40" and under rides.

My son is tall and was able to ride 40'' rides 3 months before 3. We were at Disneyland so we did their test track, soarin, and their kiddy coaster. He loved them all. I would have done splash mountain but we ran out of time.

Of the 40'' rides at WDW, I would not have taken him on Space Mountain, Dinosaur, or Tower of Terror (and maybe Big Thunder because we slide around a lot on it) but he would have been fine with any of the other 40" and under rides.
My daughter loved Tower of Terror at 3. When someone else was scared to ride, she said, “it goes up and goes down, what is scary about that”. Sometimes when they are younger they don’t realize that something is scary, they sometimes are worse or more nervous when they are older and have learned it.

Just wanted to mention that Space Mt is 44", just to help anyone else who is planning and might think their child can ride and find out they can't later.

I've always let my kids ride rides as soon as they were tall enough, as long as my DH or I were sitting with them I didn't worry. Disney doesn't have the little kiddie rides like local parks do that the kids have to ride alone, those were the ones that made me nervous since kids could stand up and there was no one on the ride with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter