4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Since we're averaging five+ threads a day on the topic and facts are hard to find, let's make this a centralized spot for ALL Toy Story Mania news, info, and discussion.

What We (think we) Know about Toy Story Mania 4/16-6/29 (updated 5/9/18, 2:40PM EDT)

• Toy Story Land is scheduled to open 6/30
  • The ride is currently operating as standby only
  • Update 5/9/18: FPs are now bookable for 5/20 - 6/10
  • Update 5/9/18: TSM to be fully closed 6/11 - 6/18
  • Update 5/9/18: No FPs are currently bookable for 6/19 - 6/29 (it is unknown if these will be added at some point)
  • Update 5/15/18: FPs are now bookable from 5/15–5/19 in addition to the above
  • All three tracks appear to now be operating
  • DAS: please check the disABILITIES board for the latest information
As a reminder, detailed Toy Story Land information and discussion can be found on this great thread hosted by @rteetz: ***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Last edited:
Since we're averaging five+ threads a day on the topic, let's make this a centralized spot for ALL Toy Story Mania news, info, and discussion.

What We (think we) Know about Toy Story Mania 4/9-6/29
  • Toy Story Land is scheduled to open 6/30
  • FP+ is currently not available for Toy Story Mania beyond 4/9 due to reconfiguration of the ride entrance to be a part of Toy Story Land; the ride will be standby only during this time
  • Presumably the ride will remain standby only through 6/29, although TBD
  • Only one track will be in operation 4/9-6/29 (@rteetz, is this confirmed?)
  • We do not know how DAS will be handled at this point
I'll keep Post #1 updated on TSM updates as we go.

I think that's what we know at this point, but please let me know if I missed anything.

As a reminder, detailed Toy Story Land information and discussion can be found on this thread: ***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread
Yes only one track will be in operation. It is imagined that one track will be the newer third track.

Yes only one track will be in operation. It is imagined that one track will be the newer third track.
How many tracks are normally open? Three? That means capacity is reduced by 2/3? That seems bad - even for a SB queue not competing with a FP queue.

How many tracks are normally open? Three? That means capacity is reduced by 2/3? That seems bad - even for a SB queue not competing with a FP queue.
Full capacity is three tracks. It was expanded from two a couple years ago. Currently it’s operating with two tracks. Starting April 9th it will go down to one.

Thanks so much for this thread. I will be at Hollywood Studios in April and was wondering why I couldn't get a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania.

Original info was no fast passes til May 9th I believe. Is there a chance all three tracks could open after that til opening? One track for almost three months is harsh.

Original info was no fast passes til May 9th I believe. Is there a chance all three tracks could open after that til opening? One track for almost three months is harsh.
I hope so. We'll be there right after Memorial Day, so I hope the capacity is increased.

Does anyone know why on June 1 there are no fastpasses available for TAM? None. I got the coveted FOP ☺️, but no TAM. Very strange.
TIA

has annyone that is staying club level and gotten the extra fast passes been able to book annything yet

That’s going to be ugly...geeze

Exactly! I am there early May with my DH and two young adult "children"... over Easter breakfast we fine tuned our trip plans and talked about TSMM, all agreed if we don't ride it this trip it won't ruin anything. I explained the only hope is likely to be getting up super early one morning and try rope dropping it and they don't want to do that. We are trying to go more relaxed and no commando style this trip (two rope drops and two sleep in/pool mornings with park entry after 2pm-close). We have never seen Movie Magic or Star Wars fireworks so that is our priority at closing not getting in line for TSMM.

Exactly! I am there early May with my DH and two young adult "children"... over Easter breakfast we fine tuned our trip plans and talked about TSMM, all agreed if we don't ride it this trip it won't ruin anything. I explained the only hope is likely to be getting up super early one morning and try rope dropping it and they don't want to do that. We are trying to go more relaxed and no commando style this trip (two rope drops and two sleep in/pool mornings with park entry after 2pm-close). We have never seen Movie Magic or Star Wars fireworks so that is our priority at closing not getting in line for TSMM.
Wait. What is Movie Magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter