• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4/25-5/2/15 BLT Stay with DH, DD 5 and DS 2

Vasiliki76

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Thanks so much for the tips! I hope this helps someone.

I'll start off w/ the best advice I have to give and then write a bit more.

1. Make breakfast dining or Bibbity Boppity Boutique reservations before park open. This allows you into the park at 7:45 (on a 9am park open day.) This was great because we were right in Fantasyland when it opened at 9.

2. Rider Switch: This was phenomenal. We used it as much as possible. We rode Kali River Rapids 4 times in one day because of this with only a 10 minute wait. We went early and waited in Standby with a rider switch. Then we used our fast pass and got another rider switch. Love this feature!!

3. Go Early! We rode Barnstormer and Dumbo about 7-8 times before lines even formed. AWESOME!

4. Take naps. This worked great for us and allowed us to go back at night. It went a long way to prevent meltdowns.

Bay Lake Tower: Love love love the location and walking to the Magic Kingdom. I would stay here again just for that reason.
We rented DVC points for our stay and this gave us a 52% discount off the rack rate.
We liked having a kitchenette and made a simple lunch in the room on most days.
We requested a room close to the overpass connecting to the contemporary. We wanted the convenience of walking over quickly with our little ones.
The pool was great with a kiddie slide and snack bar.
We stayed in a bay lake studio and I thought it was fine with all 4 of us. My DD was in the pullout bed and our DS was in a pack in play. It was a bit cozy, but totally doable.

Magic Express: BLT was awful with us. We finally got our last suitcase 8 hours after we checked in. 4 hours after we checked in they said they had all of our bags and would bring them right up. They came one by one hours after each phone call. They were completely incompetent.

Garden Grocer- Awesome.

Cinderella's Royal Table: Awesome! Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Snow White and Ariel were there

Chef Mickeys: Awesome character experience. Food was so/so.

We did 3 and a half days at Magic Kingdom and the kids loved being able to ride their favorites so many times! The walk to and from BLT made our lives much easier.

We did a 9-1 day at Animal Kingdom and a 9-1 day at Hollywood Studios. We could have easily spent more time at either park, but it was hot so we left, took naps and lounged by the pool on those days.

Hope things helps someone!! Thanks again to the posters helping us out! We had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter