4 days, 15 family members, F&W, DIS Meets, 1st MNSSHP, 5k & 1/2 Marathon-WOW!

my2disneyboys

DIS Veteran
WELCOME!!!

Last night I had my first dream about the trip. I figured I needed an outlet so what better place than the DIS! I wasn't going to do a pre trip report because we kind of had a group one going, but I changed my mind! Kind of like I wasn't going to go on this trip and not only am I going, but our entire family has decided to once again join us! But this will be a quick report because our trip is in 53 days! I need a place to talk about it and share my excitement. My family is going to kill me if I send them one more picture, or article on F&W, or question about ADR's! So I hope you all will join me for the next 53 days!!!!

Ok, Let's start with the Cast of Characters....
Is it boring if I just use a "Who we are" from one of my other Pre-Trippies? Ok, yes. It probably is. I am going to start a new one because you know what?? I have no idea. But maybe it will make this pre trippie a little more interesting! LOL

My name is Nickie. My friends, family and co-workers all think I am NUT'S because of my love of Disney. I am a mother of two boys, Myles and Owen (ages 7 and 4). Then there is my hubby, Wayne. We have been married now for 8 years!! He is my very best friend in the whole world. I work at the Greater Boston Food Bank and really am passionate about it's mission and enjoy working there. I Love to travel and think I am pretty funny. The things I love most in life though are family and Disney... in that order! :goodvibes

IMG_5181.jpg

Owen
IMG_5177.jpg

dis9.jpg

We took owen to Disney when he was 8 weeks old. He has gone every year and sometimes twice a year since. (Lucky Boy!) He is just 40 inches and in January rode TOT, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Soarin and then at Test track they said he wasnt quite 40 inches?? So he is REALLY looking forward to that one this time around! He is a REALLY funny kid! He has my husbands sense of humor and his looks too! BUT he is a total Mama's Boy!

Myles
IMG_5192.jpg

Myles first went to Disney when he was 9 months old. He has been hooked since!! All of his papers in school that he brings home have something to do with Disney!! He is a very caring and loving little boy. Sensitive and sweet. He looks just like me (but hates when people say that!) But he is a big time Daddy's boy! :lovestruc Myles has been to Disney now 7 times I think! And he always has the HARDEST time saying goodbye on each vacation. In January he had almost the whole Magical Express in tears the whole ride back to the airport...it really was one of my saddest moments for the little guy.

Me and Wayne
DSCN1028.jpg

Wayne and I took a big family trip - the week after xmas :mad::headache: Wow that was a mistake. Oh and did I mention that his whole family came!? We had no clue what to do- where to eat- no adr's! It's so funny to think back 7 years, I had no clue that I would ever travel to Disney again... nevermind become so crazy in love with it! Wayne shares my love for Disney. He get's so excited for our trips and sends me stuff he finds out. He has the coolest applications on his iphone and always tells me throughout the year how long the waits are for our favorite rides.... I love that he loves Disney as much as I do.

Also going on this trip is my husbands family. Wayne's 3 older brothers and their families. Uncles, Aunts, Cousins... all reunited once again. Most importantly we will be meeting our new niece, "Princess Gwendolyn"!!! I couldn't be more thrilled that we get to meet baby Gwennie IN DISNEY!
DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0262-1.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

This trip is going to be very special for many reasons. We had planned to go and run in the 5K and half marathon and then decided as a family that we wanted something new. So we booked our next Disney vacation on the Disney Dream. We set sail on our first ever cruise on February 2nd! I will be doing a pre trip for that one after I finish the trip report from this one.... YIKES!:scared1: BUT.... over the course of the last 5 years I have met some AMAZING WOMEN... right here on the DIS! I consider these people good friends even though I haven't met most them face to face yet. We exchange xmas cards... some of them send my kids gifts during the holiday or just during the year. We have a private Facebook Group and we chat all the time. I talk to some of them more than family LOL! They are all AMAZING and very special to me. They are my DIS Sisters AND they are ALL going to Disney for MNSSHP and the 5K!!! How could I NOT GO!?? After much debate and begging, my amazing husband said, "let's just do it"!!!!

DETAILS!!!!!!!!
We are going September 30th - October 3rd and will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort!

This will be our FIRST MNSSHP, our FIRST F&W Festival, and our FIRST time running the 5K and 1/2 Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is going to be an amazing trip.

Future Posts:
Disney Nights - we have one planned each week until the trip so I will make sure to post the details and some pictures each week!
ADR's - Where are we eating and what dining plan will we go with this time?
The Plan - Where are we going and when??
MNSSHP Costumes - WAIT until you see these costumes!!!
5K and Half Marathon Training - I have 7 weeks to train for my 5K!
Weight watchers/Biggest Looser/Dieting - I have 7 weeks to reach a big goal

I am sure there will be lot's more that I will try to cram into the next 7 weeks! I hope you will tag along for the ride!!

Disclaimer: I love exclamation points to show my excitement, so I hope you don't mind, but if you continue reading you will be reading lot's of them, because I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm first! lalalalalaaaala!:banana:

You are just too adorable and I CAN'T WAIT to meet you :banana:in 52 days!!:hug:

x's and o's

Awwww!! Hi DIS bestie!! Great start! I can't wait to see you again!! I'm going to be finalizing my plans this week! Hopefully, I'll get them posted on the group PTR, but if not, you'll see them on FB! They'll definitely be on my iPhone because, like Wayne, I love my apps!! ;)

I'm first! lalalalalaaaala!:banana:

You are just too adorable and I CAN'T WAIT to meet you :banana:in 52 days!!:hug:

x's and o's

I can't wait!!!! 51 more days now!:thumbsup2

Awwww!! Hi DIS bestie!! Great start! I can't wait to see you again!! I'm going to be finalizing my plans this week! Hopefully, I'll get them posted on the group PTR, but if not, you'll see them on FB! They'll definitely be on my iPhone because, like Wayne, I love my apps!! ;)

I cant wait to hear the plans! I hope it means a meet up on Sunday at Epcot for us!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I am Wayne and I am also going on this trip. Much excite!!!!!!!111111one one one

Oh sorry hun! Did I not mention you enough in my intro!? ;) I am SO HAPPY that you are going on this trip with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxox

So I guess I didn't really give Wayne his "own" section in my intro! :rotfl2: (He told me last night that he was part of "Me and Wayne" but didnt get his OWN Intro!) So here goes!!!

Wayne is my husband. He is a really funny guy. He is cute, and smart and a great dad and husband! He recently took a GREAT new job which means for us - MORE DISNEY TRIPS! Go WAYNE!!!!

Wayne actually loved Disney before I did.... His first crush was Minnie Mouse at the age of 2!
waynebaby.jpg

Wayne loves this picture becuse he always says this is "his year"... The Year the glasses came off and he was looking good! (7th Grade) I wish I had a picture of him handy here at work of him in his highschool days- because he had a really good mullet!!!! :rotfl2:
wayneteen.jpg

Wayne loves sports, music and his 40's!
wayne40.jpg

Wayne loves dressing up for Halloween.....
waynecostume.jpg

Wayne's favorite character is Pluto! (Eeyore too)
waynepluto.jpg

Ok- I hope you all feel like you know Wayne a little better! YES- he IS going on this trip too! :rotfl2:

Love you hunny!!
xoxoxo

Awww, you're too nice Nickie!! I would have posted the most embarassing pictures I could find!!! I would love to see a pic of Wayne during his "Billy Ray Cyrus-Achy Breaky Heart" phase!!

Business in front, party in the back!!:rotfl:

You had me until the separate Wayne intro....

Just kidding Wayne! :lmao: Can't wait to meet y'all in just a few more weeks! Will be subbing!

I just noticed you need to update your ages! You wish you were still 35! LOL!! :lmao:

Awww, you're too nice Nickie!! I would have posted the most embarassing pictures I could find!!! I would love to see a pic of Wayne during his "Billy Ray Cyrus-Achy Breaky Heart" phase!!

Business in front, party in the back!!:rotfl:

Wendy- I will post some of those later!! I just didnt have any at my work LOL

You had me until the separate Wayne intro....

Just kidding Wayne! :lmao: Can't wait to meet y'all in just a few more weeks! Will be subbing!

:rotfl2: 50 more days for us!!!

I just noticed you need to update your ages! You wish you were still 35! LOL!! :lmao:

Um no! I am just going to keep my age as is. I feel like its my "magical age" LOL

WELCOME!!:goodvibes

WOW - This has been the WORST PTR I have ever written. :confused: Sorry to be so lame! We are getting so close and are SO excited!!!

We have done a few great Disney nights:
Dumbo
Nemo
Swiss Family Robinson
Nightmare before xmas

this weekend we are doing Pirates of Caribbean and next weekend for our last one before the trip we will do Peter Pan!

We ALL have our costumes and they are SOOOOOO AWESOME! I am so excited. We will all be a character from Peter Pan. Poor Wayne is going to be Captain Hook and he is going to be SO hot!!!!!!

I ordered some special bags for the kids to trick or treat with and they can also double as our little "airport surprise bags" I got the kids each a plush from the disney store and some Pirate Mickey Ears - and some candy!

I need to pack. So far I have a fan that we bought at Disney in May 09 during a record heat of over 100 every day we were there - let's hope it isnt going to be too hot. There is a reason bedsides the low crowds, why we go in January every year- and that is I love the cool weather!!!

OK! The PLAN!!!!!!

Friday September 30th 2011

Up at 4:30AM (call scheduled for the boys from GOOFY - we had a free call from our Disney Rewards)

Car arrives at 5:00AM (OUCH :headache:)

Breakfast and meet up with some other Goody's at the airport

Flight takes off at 7AM

10:00AM arrive in Orlando

Magical Express to CBR! - First time staying there!!!!! :woohoo:

Meet up with MORE Goody's! Have lunch at CBR with the whole family!!!

Wayne and I will take the boys to WWS to get our Race packets AND DIS MEET!!!! I will be meeting up with Jill, Lisa, Leane and her family, Wendy and her family, Kayce and her family, maybe Mary and her gang, maybe others will come too!? Who knows- it is going to be so gret though! We will meet in the bar and grab a quick drink and let the kids meet eachother and hang out for a little bit..... not too long though because we need to get back to CBR and change for..........

MNSSHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard: We will all get into our costumes and head to the party at 4PM.... grab dinner at Cosmic Rays at 5:30PM and then get into line at 6:30PM to see the dwarfs!!!! Once we meet them, we will check out the party.... dance with Stitch, see the Villians, Hallowishes!!! We will probably go to the 2nd Parade but I am not sure. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming up: Day 2 - October 1st. RACE DAY! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter