4 more weeks till my First trip to DLR

Bridget Baker

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

This will be my first time at DLR and I just realized I only have 4 more weeks, we will be there Dec 4-10th, I have a few questions, is there a special Christmas party like at WDW?? What are must do things? Great places to eat etc...I appreciate any help it is kind of different not planning fast passes by now..

DLR doesn't have a Christmas party like WDW -- the holiday season is open to everyone! Read this superthread to get caught up on Holiday Time at DLR: 2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!. Ask all your Holiday Time questions there!
You will be at DL for Candlelight Processional weekend (12/7 & 8) -- Walt started this tradition at DL -- seats are for VIPs and invited guests, but standing room viewing is for anyone. Read this trip report on last year's CP for information: Candlelight Processional with Chris Pratt - photos and audio Saturday 5:30 showing.
Read this classic thread for great information: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.
Food: Your favorite treat
Check the menus on the DLR website -- see what interests you and where it is available. You are well within your 60 day window for making TS reservations and reservations for dining packages if that interests you. Dining packages for F! and WOC are highly recommended.
Most WDW vets comment that they find the CS at DLR to be better than at WDW -- and the Holiday Festival of Food will be going on in DCA during your trip -- lots of fun things to try.
Have the free DLR app downloaded on your phone and a credit card on file so that you can use Mobile Ordering -- that can be a real time saver!
Do you have any food preferences or any special requests?
For FP information, read this wonderful superthread -- read the first post, then ask all your questions there: "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/.
Look through this thread for more helpful information: HydroGuy Tips Compilation.

Last edited:
Hope you have an amazing time! I can virtually guarantee that you will. I’ll be at the park for rope drop this morning. Please let me know if you’d like me to send you some park maps, a first visit button or anything else such as those :-).

No party but there is a holiday parade and fireworks at DL and at DCA they have booths with holiday food (like a mini F&W at WDW), WoC has a holiday edition, and they also have a holiday street party - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/festival-of-holidays/

DLR has some fun cs locations so no need to make reservations - but if you are looking for something special then Blue Bayou is the one to book. BB is inside the PotC ride, you see the boats go by and hear the "bayou" sounds.

For a special event to book I would do WoC dessert party, it is not cheap (but what event is at Disney? ;)) but worth it - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

At DCA Carsland has a little fun thing at sunset, the neon comes on and they play the Sh-Boom song. There is also the tree lighting and the IaSW lighting (5:15pm).

I remember planning for our first DLR trip - I was so confused that I did not have to book everything months in advance! Now I am planning a trip back to WDW and I feel so unprepared for our ADR booking day coming up in a couple of days. Years ago I would have known which park/meal on each day by now. But DLR is a bit annoying in that they do not release their calendar of events until pretty last minute for those of us coming from out of state.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter