4 night Wonder- clothing questions

My~Rumbly~Tumbly

Mouseketeer
We're cruising December 1st. Would a long sleeved velvet dress (long) be too warm? I've found a dress that I like and am considering buying it. Another option is a short sleeved dress (which is above the knees), a shimmery material with a bit of sparkle. Would that be too formal? Do people wear 'sparkle' at Triton's? I have read that basically anything goes and that you will find people wearing tux's, but I don't want to feel over dressed and out of place. I am however, looking forward to dressing my daughter up! I would guess that if we were to find children in their princess gowns, it would be at Triton's?

Would I be uncomfortable (too warm) in Capri's during the day on the ship?

I'm trying hard not to inundate these boards with my questions, but as the cruise nears, I'm feeling some stress about what to bring.

Hi Tammy! I'm usually cold but even I think a long-sleeved velvet dress would be too warm. :) I'd go with the short-sleeved dress.

And capris are fine during the day or at dinner on the casual nights! :) Unless you're sitting directly in the sun you shouldn't be too warm.

i was on the wonder in july and wore capris day and night....
it was fine...
i don't even own shorts anymore....outside of the US, women simply don't wear shorts......certainly not anywhere in europe....which is why it's so very easy to spot american tourists....the women dressed in shorts....

I am also going on a 4 day cruise in Dec. Am I to understand that casual dress (other than jeans) is fine for dinner?

I could be wrong, but I think that Triton's is sorta a 'semi-formal' thing? Suits for the guys, and a nice dress or suit for the ladies?

So, as long as we are doin' just regular dinner rotation we should be fine on casual dress?

Oh I'm probably really setting myself up here because I do NOT claim to be a Disney expert, but I 'believe' that Triton's is part of the regular dining rotation. Palo's is the one that is optional, I think. And from what I understand, the dress for Triton's and Palo's are pretty much the same.

we were on the 3 day cruise and wore resort casual to dinner every night...
there were some dressed in semi-formalish type clothes but they weren't in the majority....and they seemed to change the moment dinner was over (before they went on to the clubs)...
in any case, i felt perfectly comfortable the way i was dressed....but then again, i've never dressed with others opinions in mind....i wear what i like and what makes me comfortable....if you enjoy formal wear, go for it....the Wonder pretty much seemed like an anything goes kind of place...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter