4 or 5 day tickets on the universal website are cheaper than the 3 day tickets! What I found out when buying universal tickets for the 1st time.

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to mention to anyone looking to buy Universal tickets directly from the Universal website to make sure to check all of your options, including more days than you need. What we want is a 3 day 3 park park to park ticket. i was comparing universal's price to other sellers to decide if I saved enough to bother with a secondary seller (the answer was yes BTW!). But once I accidentally hit 4 days instead of 3 on universalorlando.com, and happened to notice that a 4 day ticket was considerably less than a 3 day one. I just checked, and a 5 day 3 park P2P ticket is also less than the 3 day.

for 2 adults-2 kids, 3 park 3 day P2P tickets were $1512.30, and there was a special promotion on 4 days so 3 park 4 day P2P tickets were $1341.30. The 5 day 3 park P2P tickets were $1405.78, also less than the 3 day ones.

That's quite a bit cheaper, and if you happen to have an extra morning or evening you weren't planning to go into the parks you could just run over since you have an extra day. Or just don't use the extra day.

Also keep in mind that some APs are actually less or the same as 3 or 4 day tickets, but we can't do a seasonal pass since we're going on a concert weekend and the other passes weren't as cheap. we also don't have any plans to return as of now, and I don't even want the temptation we would have if we had APs lol!

I actually found that tickets at visitorlando.com were currently the best price i could find, with an additional 10% off through Dec 8th it was $1130.00 for their 2 park 3 day P2P ticket with 3rd park free and 4th day free promo (that's a mouthful! It's a 4 day 3 park P2P ticket). I will mention that the lady on the phone told me they were raising their universal ticket prices either later today or tomorrow, I didn't ask what the new prices would be. Undercover tourist was also less than Universal but more than visitorlando, but for some reason I did't see the option to do emailed at this point for what I wanted (the option was there when I looked a while ago), and since we go Friday they weren't an option for us anyway.

I just thought I would put this out there in case it helped anyone, since I was new to buying Universal tickets and it would have helped me when I started looking. if I made any errors I apologize and please correct me, or add anything you would have found helpful prior to buying tickets!

I just wanted to mention to anyone looking to buy Universal tickets directly from the Universal website to make sure to check all of your options, including more days than you need. What we want is a 3 day 3 park park to park ticket. i was comparing universal's price to other sellers to decide if I saved enough to bother with a secondary seller (the answer was yes BTW!). But once I accidentally hit 4 days instead of 3 on universalorlando.com, and happened to notice that a 4 day ticket was considerably less than a 3 day one. I just checked, and a 5 day 3 park P2P ticket is also less than the 3 day.

for 2 adults-2 kids, 3 park 3 day P2P tickets were $1512.30, and there was a special promotion on 4 days so 3 park 4 day P2P tickets were $1341.30. The 5 day 3 park P2P tickets were $1405.78, also less than the 3 day ones.

That's quite a bit cheaper, and if you happen to have an extra morning or evening you weren't planning to go into the parks you could just run over since you have an extra day. Or just don't use the extra day.

Also keep in mind that some APs are actually less or the same as 3 or 4 day tickets, but we can't do a seasonal pass since we're going on a concert weekend and the other passes weren't as cheap. we also don't have any plans to return as of now, and I don't even want the temptation we would have if we had APs lol!

I actually found that tickets at visitorlando.com were currently the best price i could find, with an additional 10% off through Dec 8th it was $1130.00 for their 2 park 3 day P2P ticket with 3rd park free and 4th day free promo (that's a mouthful! It's a 4 day 3 park P2P ticket). I will mention that the lady on the phone told me they were raising their universal ticket prices either later today or tomorrow, I didn't ask what the new prices would be. Undercover tourist was also less than Universal but more than visitorlando, but for some reason I did't see the option to do emailed at this point for what I wanted (the option was there when I looked a while ago), and since we go Friday they weren't an option for us anyway.

I just thought I would put this out there in case it helped anyone, since I was new to buying Universal tickets and it would have helped me when I started looking. if I made any errors I apologize and please correct me, or add anything you would have found helpful prior to buying tickets!

Thanks for sharing this info. Yes, it is common for this kind of prices. Universal is made up of 3 parks and most people visit each park 1 day, thus the reason the 3 day tickets are always higher. They drop the price on the 4 and 5 days in Hope's that people will take advantage of them and possibly come back for that extra day which relates into more money for parking and more money being spent inside the park. Again, thanks for sharing but this is very common with universal.

Thanks for sharing this info. Yes, it is common for this kind of prices. Universal is made up of 3 parks and most people visit each park 1 day, thus the reason the 3 day tickets are always higher. They drop the price on the 4 and 5 days in Hope's that people will take advantage of them and possibly come back for that extra day which relates into more money for parking and more money being spent inside the park. Again, thanks for sharing but this is very common with universal.
I certainly didn’t know it, so I imagine a lot of people don’t. I’m more used to Disney- each day gets cheaper as you buy a longer ticket, but the price of the whole darned ticket never gets cheaper lol! Plus they way their website sets it up- you pick your number if days and then it gives the options for that length of ticket only, so unless you click 4 or 5 days you don’t even see those options. I might have never even looked at the 4 or 5 day options if I hadn’t clicked accidentally, and I consider myself to be a decently savvy ticket purchaser and trip planner haha 😊. If they really wanted you buying longer tickets they should show all of the tickets down the page or have an ad on the 3 day ones to suggest checking longer tickets- but maybe they don’t want to sell them that much more since they do get less money up front from the cheaper tickets.

Anyway, like I mentioned, I thought it might help someone and if not no harm done :goodvibes.

Thanks for the tip on the prices likely increasing soon.

I went ahead and purchased my tickets for Oct (2 day 2 park P2P + 3rd day free cyber Monday) at Visit Orlando. That 10% off is fabulous - saved $23/ticket vs the undercover tourist price. Got them via e-mail in minutes. Looks like they're not promo tickets, so hopefully they hold 3 day value towards APs as I fully intend to upgrade.

On Visit Orlando, they also list a "2 day plus 3rd day free" separately from the Cyber Monday deal - the Cyber Monday deal comes up when you click the regular 2 day ticket, and is $20 cheaper...

I just looked, and tickets did go up on visitorlando.com. This morning I paid 1130.99 for the 3 park 4 day promo with the 10% off cyber week discount, and tonight the total is 1188.49. They went up $15 each. I know it’s not a huge deal, but I’m glad luck was with me and I finally pulled the trigger this morning instead of this evening.

Thanks for the tip on the prices likely increasing soon.

I went ahead and purchased my tickets for Oct (2 day 2 park P2P + 3rd day free cyber Monday) at Visit Orlando. That 10% off is fabulous - saved $23/ticket vs the undercover tourist price. Got them via e-mail in minutes. Looks like they're not promo tickets, so hopefully they hold 3 day value towards APs as I fully intend to upgrade.

On Visit Orlando, they also list a "2 day plus 3rd day free" separately from the Cyber Monday deal - the Cyber Monday deal comes up when you click the regular 2 day ticket, and is $20 cheaper...

I thought a lot of the visit Orlando tickets deals had to be used by May? Maybe not this one if you are going in Oct.

The ones labelled "promo" expire in May. Mine are standard 3 day tickets and say they expire 6 days after first use or 12/2/20. The promo ones say the May expiration right below the description. I figured the chances of a better deal are slim, so might as well get the tickets early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!