4 parks in one day

jennadi8

Earning My Ears
June 5, 2019 my DS (16) and I are going to attempt our own 4 parks in 1 day challenge. This is his birthday trip and he has planned a bunch of it and really wants to do this!

So my question is...

Our plan is to start at AK and ride EE, Primeval Whirl, and Triceratops at park opening and then head to HS as our 2nd park. We plan on getting FP's for HS. What time do you think we will arrive at HS after those 3 rides at AK and taking a bus or Uber to HS?

I think I'd start the first FP+ at DHS for 10:30-11:30 if using Uber, 11:00-12:00 if using the bus. What a fun idea!

I think I'd start the first FP+ at DHS for 10:30-11:30 if using Uber, 11:00-12:00 if using the bus. What a fun idea!

Agreed. That's if you're entering AK literally @ 9am (already walked through the parking lot, security, ticketing), move with a purpose, and not getting distracted by anything on the way of your rides.

I suggest MK last, as they're open til 10, and if you're staying on property they're open til 12am.

If those are the only three rides you're planning at AK, you will be on and off in no time. I've never done these three rides at RD, but here are my conservative estimates:
  • I'd guess it will take you about 15-20 mins (depending on your walking speed) to get from the front of the park to Asia (assuming you go straight to EE).
  • Will take you 10 mins to walk through the queue, get on, ride, and walk off.
  • Then you'll spend maybe another 5 mins walking to Dinoland - shouldn't take you more than 10-15 mins to get through both rides.
  • Then another 15 mins to walk back to the front of the park.
So I'm guessing you might be back at the front in an hour-1:15.

If you really want to save time, plan to Uber/Lyft between parks. Especially in the middle of the day, the park-to-park buses run rather infrequently (~20 mins in between). And I don't know if the park-to-park buses will be running right from the beginning of the day. If you're sticking with the bus, I'd budget 30 mins of travel time between parks.

If AK opens at 9 am that day, my estimates puts you INSIDE of HS 10:30-10:45. I think you could make your FP for 10:30-11:30.

Just my take on estimated times.

We did this back in November, lot of fun. Our goal was at least 3 things in each park and each form of transportation. We were offsite at an Airbnb and used Uber to get to AK. Everest, Dinosaur, and Primevil Whirl were our AK attractions, all via standby. Then we took the bus to HS. Here we did Star Tours (10:30-11:30 FP), lunch at Sci-Fi with with an 11:30 reservation, Muppets (Stand by), Rock N Roller Coaster (12:30-1:30 FP), and lastly Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Our first scheduled FP was actually a throw away at 9:30am so I could book an EPCOT FP as soon as we tapped in at RnR. Then we took the boat to International Gateway, actually got off and walked from Beach Club as this saves a stop at the Boardwalk. In Epcot we went to France first for ice cream, did Soarin' (FP scored after RnR), Living with the Land (with FP scored while waiting for Soarin'), then Test Track via the single rider line. After EPCOT we used the monorail to get over to Magic Kingdom. We went to Columbia Harbour House for dinner, rode a full loop on the train, did Space (got the FP on the monorail), Laugh Floor, watched the fireworks, then did Space again with a FP obtained while waiting for fireworks to start. There was time to do a couple more rides, but we were done at this point. So we caught an Uber at the Contemporary and headed home.

We did this back in November, lot of fun. Our goal was at least 3 things in each park and each form of transportation.

So fun! Our challenge is 3 rides in each park, a picture in front of each park's icon and a souvenier from each park! So excited the 16 yo still loves Disney! I go almost every year but switch around which kid/combo of kids I take to get individual time with each one.

We've done the 4 park day and had a blast! Have fun! I agree with the others that if you are there at park opening, that you should be good with a 10:30 to 11:30 FP at DHS. If you want to play it really safe 11-12, but I would think you would not have any problem getting go that FP by 11:30, and you may make it there closer to 10:30. We were staying at YC, so ours was different, we did DHS, then walked to EPCOT, then bussed to AK, then bussed back to EPCOT for a dinner reservation, then over to MK (which was open until midnight that night).

We've done the 4 park day and had a blast! Have fun! I agree with the others that if you are there at park opening, that you should be good with a 10:30 to 11:30 FP at DHS. If you want to play it really safe 11-12, but I would think you would not have any problem getting go that FP by 11:30, and you may make it there closer to 10:30. We were staying at YC, so ours was different, we did DHS, then walked to EPCOT, then bussed to AK, then bussed back to EPCOT for a dinner reservation, then over to MK (which was open until midnight that night).

We are doing the challenge on 6/9, also staying at YC. Which park did you do your FP at? I was planning on same order as OP, but I kind of like thd starting at DHS idea...

We did this back in November, lot of fun. Our goal was at least 3 things in each park and each form of transportation. We were offsite at an Airbnb and used Uber to get to AK. Everest, Dinosaur, and Primevil Whirl were our AK attractions, all via standby. Then we took the bus to HS. Here we did Star Tours (10:30-11:30 FP), lunch at Sci-Fi with with an 11:30 reservation, Muppets (Stand by), Rock N Roller Coaster (12:30-1:30 FP), and lastly Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Our first scheduled FP was actually a throw away at 9:30am so I could book an EPCOT FP as soon as we tapped in at RnR. Then we took the boat to International Gateway, actually got off and walked from Beach Club as this saves a stop at the Boardwalk. In Epcot we went to France first for ice cream, did Soarin' (FP scored after RnR), Living with the Land (with FP scored while waiting for Soarin'), then Test Track via the single rider line. After EPCOT we used the monorail to get over to Magic Kingdom. We went to Columbia Harbour House for dinner, rode a full loop on the train, did Space (got the FP on the monorail), Laugh Floor, watched the fireworks, then did Space again with a FP obtained while waiting for fireworks to start. There was time to do a couple more rides, but we were done at this point. So we caught an Uber at the Contemporary and headed home.

Just throwing this out there for others looking to manage FP's on a 4 park day, you would have been better off not making the throw away FP and instead you could have made your Epcot FP as soon as you tapped your Star Tours FP at 10:30.

We are doing the challenge on 6/9, also staying at YC. Which park did you do your FP at? I was planning on same order as OP, but I kind of like thd starting at DHS idea...

It was an "extra" day for us, and we haven't ridden TSM more than once a trip since FP+, so we booked ours at FP first thing in the morning (TSM, ST, TOT). This was before Toy Story land opened- so trying to get one for Slinky Dog wasn't in the mix. We initially didn't plan a 4 park day. We walked to EPCOT to meet a character and for F&W booths for lunch. EPCOT was really crowded so we looked at the app and the lines were shortest at AK, so we decided on a whim to go over there for the afternoon. Well, of course, at that point with MK open until midnight, we knew it was going to have to be a 4 park day. Really a 5 park because we went back to EPCOT for our dinner ADR before heading to MK to finish out the day.

June 9 is a Sunday DHS EMH day isn't it? That will likely be the most crowded park, so you might want to knock it out first? I would say either knock DHS out first, or use your FPs in that park.

Just throwing this out there for others looking to manage FP's on a 4 park day, you would have been better off not making the throw away FP and instead you could have made your Epcot FP as soon as you tapped your Star Tours FP at 10:30.

We did not know to do this that trip, but that is absolutely a great thing for a 4 park day. We did that last fall. I got lucky enough to get an ADR for lunch with an Imagineer at DHS but it was on what was supposed to be an EPCOT day. I booked a tier 1 and a 2nd FP at EPCOT, and then after we did our 2nd FP at EPCOT we booked a Tier 1 at DHS. It worked great.

My son and I are planning to do this in August when we go, AK, HS, Epcot ending in MK. I think AK will open at 8 that morning for us and the plan is to make FP for HS. I never thought to Uber from AK to HS, that's a good idea! We are looking forward to the boat from HS to Epcot, also a good idea to get off at Beach Club and walk from there. And it will be the first time we get to try monorail.

Wow. 4 in a day. That’s busy!!
We only do one per day. But I guess if you did 4. You are getting hopper value!

I've done 4 in one day.

Did AK in the morning and finished early so we park hopped to HS for a couple of rides. We had dinner reservations in Epcot that night. After dinner, they had extended hours at MK.

We recently did all 6 parks in one day- the four regular parks and the two water parks! Our plan was to ride one ride, eat one meal/snack and ride all the different modes of transportation (bus, monorail, train, boat, and tram). It was an amazing day, and one of the best memories I have From WDW.

We are going to do 4 in one day, but just a cocktail from each. :)

In no particular order:

DHS - Baseline Taphouse
AK - Nomad Lounge
Epcot - maybe sake
MK - end with dinner at Skipper Canteen (maybe, we may cheat and walk down Main Street then hit a monorail hotel bar for the drink).

If she had booked 2 at HS and one was SDD she wouldn't then be able to book an A ride at Epcot only a B correct?

I would say 10:30-11:30 on the first FP at DHS. If you walk briskly and you are near the front of the line for park opening I would guess you can do EE, PW, and TS as walk ons. You could be back at the front of the park pretty close to 10:00 (maybe 10:15).
DD24 and I have done 4 parks in one day and your plan is perfect. We always do QS on 4 park days. This takes less time and makes our day relatively stress free even though we are doing all the parks :)
Good luck and happy birthday to your boy!

If she had booked 2 at HS and one was SDD she wouldn't then be able to book an A ride at Epcot only a B correct?

No, it could be a tier 1 as well. As soon as the first FP was tapped they could book any ride at any other park.

My 18yo daughter and I successfully completed the 4 Park Challenge last September. Our goal was to do 5 attractions in each park, and to eat something in each park. Below is the strategy we used to complete the challenge.

AK => DS => EP =>MK [4 Parks 1 Day]

Animal Kingdom [8:00 - 10:00]
Na'vi River Journey
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Snack

Travel via bus [10:00 - 10:30]
Hollywood Studios [10:30 - 2:00]
Slinky Dog Dash
Toy Story Mania!
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
March of the First Order
Sci-Fi Dine-In

Travel via boat/bus [2:00 - 2:30]
Epcot [2:30 - 6:30]
Test Track
Soarin'
Mission: Space
Spaceship Earth
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Snack

Travel via monorail [6:30 - 7:00]
Magic Kingdom [7:00 - 11:00]
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Happily Ever After
Columbia Harbour House

ETA: We also tool several photopass pictures documenting our adventure.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts