4 Y/O missing from TX

brockash

DIS Veteran
I know this sounds so cynical and I certainly hope I'm wrong, but does anyone think this poor little girl actually has a chance of still being alive?

Unfortunately I think it's going to turn out to be much like the missing boy from OH recently.

From the start this story sounded bizarre, but then to find out the children were removed last year due to allegations of abuse... I just don't think there's really any doubt that the parent(s) were involved.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/us/maleah-davis-missing-child-protective-services/index.html

In August 2018, Maleah and her brothers were placed with a relative following physical abuse allegations, stemming from a head injury she had, CPS said Monday night.
A judge ordered their return home in February and called for CPS to maintain temporary conservatorship and visit the home at least once a month to check on the family.

In a news conference Sunday, Houston police Sgt. Mark Holbrook said Maleah had had multiple brain surgeries, including one in recent months.
The surgeries were intended to help an injury heal, he said.

So is it safe to assume that her brain surgeries were because of the injury her POS parents gave her?
And she and her brothers were given back to those parents?
And visiting once a month, a whole one time in 30 days to a house where it's known the parents physically abuse their kids!?

I don't believe that step father's story one bit. I wonder if the monthly check was coming and they needed to cover something up?
This is such and unbelievably sad story, such a beautiful little girl. I hope she's safe but sadly I don't think that is the case.

She is dead, without a doubt. Just another tragic example of what can happen when child protective services and the courts obsess over family reunification instead of the best interests of the child. She should never have been placed back in that home, bless her. There are some children who have the deck stacked so heavily against them, because of their family situation, that they never stand a fighting chance.

The stepfather is guilty as sin. The mother “sobs,” but she is a dry crier, and I never trust those. She managed to work up one tiny tear, which barely left her eye. I wouldn’t be surprised if she knows something.

I have long said that if I win the lottery, Texas EquuSearch will get some money. They are always there, ready to help. But you can tell, they do not expect to find her alive.

So the stepfather was using the Diane Downs, Susan Smith excuse playbook?

The mom sucks, she knows.

She is dead, without a doubt. Just another tragic example of what can happen when child protective services and the courts obsess over family reunification instead of the best interests of the child. She should never have been placed back in that home, bless her. There are some children who have the deck stacked so heavily against them, because of their family situation, that they never stand a fighting chance.

The stepfather is guilty as sin. The mother “sobs,” but she is a dry crier, and I never trust those. She managed to work up one tiny tear, which barely left her eye. I wouldn’t be surprised if she knows something.

I have long said that if I win the lottery, Texas EquuSearch will get some money. They are always there, ready to help. But you can tell, they do not expect to find her alive.
And I'm pretty sure in one of the reports it stated that mom didn't notify anyone right away etc. about them being missing. They were supposed to pick her up from the airport, never showed, she finally gets home and they're not there in the middle of the night and she doesn't find that alarming??? so odd... I want to think the best, but I just can't see it.

Their founder Tim Miller really is such an admirable man. He turned his grief into such a worthy cause. Just as John Walsh did in response to his own personal tragedy.

This child was physically abused to the point of needing surgical intervention(s), was removed from the home and no one was prosecuted for child abuse? She was then returned home within four months?!?!?! No adequate safety plan and reunification agreement was completed in that amount of time considering the substantiated allegations that allowed for her removal from that home in the first place.

The workers involved failed this child, absolutely including the judge or referee. This is worthy of careers ending.

I want to hear about dad. Why exactly was return home to dad not the outcome in February? Even if he didn't have a direct hand in this part of the tragedy, it's highly likely his neglect of parenting responsibilities resulted in the death of his child. If so, he should face charges, or at least wind up on the registry so there will be oversight on any other children he might have.

Just awful news but sadly not surprising.
That poor little girl.
May her father rot.
May the judge who ordered her home be reminded everyday that he sent her back in to that POS's life.

I hold the mother only slightly less guilty than her boyfriend. (It does not look like he was actually the stepfather.) She knew he was dangerous to her child, yet she left the little girl in his care. This is what happens when women put having a man above the safety of their child. The system is also at fault. The obsession with reunification of the family, instead of the best interests of the child, is to blame. It should have been clear this child would not be safe if the mother was in charge of protecting her, yet she was returned home. How much better for parental rights to have been terminated, and the child adopted into a loving family. And at her age, she could have been. How many times must we see this outcome before we change things?

Stepdad's story sounds very :fish:and his head wound looks self-inflicted.
Self-inflicted or not, there's no way he was in and out of conciousness for the 24 hours he claims. And a straight-on frontal attack so sudden he couldn't defend himself?

My heart breaks - :sad:
Another poor little innocent sent back to the very people that end up killing her. What is the big deal with these social services people and judges wanting so bad to rehabilitate children when it is obvious to everyone else that it 'will not work'!! Let someone adopt these precious little ones while they have a 'life' to live.

Maleah's mother was heckled leaving court by the family of Maleah's father (who wasn't present), asking her why she left her with him and accusing her of "knowing all along". (Sounds like there are questions about whether ex-fiancé had been abusive to Maleah before.)

Mom now has a spokesperson who is a community activist.

Court proceedings were continued to July.

In addition to the cadaver dogs reacting to the laundry basket and the trunk of the car, blood found in the ex-fiance's apartment in the hallway and bathroom matched DNA on Maleah's toothbrush.

Maleah's father wants answers from the ex-fiance on where Maleah's body is.

Video evidence shows there was a gas can in the car with the laundry basket.

Maleah was seen on video going into the apartment, but never coming out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sing-Texas-girl-heckled-canceled-hearing.html

I can't even put into words how mad/sad this makes me feel. So many people failed this little girl and they should ALL be held accountable.

It makes me sick to think that this little girl was failed by the system. She had multiple surgeries for a head injury that didn't match up with her mother and stepfather's account. There was evidence of a prior head injury. CPS had previously removed her from the home. So terribly sad that she was returned home only to be killed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter