40th Birthday Trip in 2019!

Shaun C.

Earning My Ears
Hi folks! Newcomer to the boards here, glad to see there's a room for the LGBT folks to hang out in. I've been to WDW three times in my life: once during high school (with my parents), once as a graduation present (went solo), and a third one-day visit with my parents again, about 10 years back. I figure a milestone celebration like my 40th birthday is a perfect excuse for a return trip, especially with Toy Story Land opening, and Galaxy's Edge just around the corner as well.

The current plan is a 9-day stay from 9/26/19 - 10/4/19, staying at the Coronado Springs resort (I wanted to spring for a treat to myself, but I can't afford the per-night cost of a Deluxe.) I'm pretty excited to be going again, even though my trip is still over a year away. I'm really hoping I'll be timing this right with the opening of Galaxy's Edge, but I'm entirely prepared to push the dates back once we have actual opening dates announced by Disney.

Anyway, nice to be here, hope to make lots of friends and meet interesting people!

The latest word from Disney is that GE will open “late-fall” next year, which is sounding like late-October or November. Not sure when a definite date will come but that may not be for some time yet.

Sounds like a fun trip regardless! Even if you don’t make it to GE there’s still plenty to explore that wasn’t around 10 years ago.

If need be, I'll push my dates back (functionally, there's not a huge price difference if I go in, say, early December), though I like my time frame just because it'll be warm, all the pools and water parks will be open...

I stuck with my original time frame just because when I called the WDW reservations line to ask some general questions about a hotel, I did end up asking if there was any info on a solid opening date. The girl I talked with mentioned they'd had kind of a sneak peek at it when they were getting a preview of Toy Story land and the work was coming along well, so she was thinking late September/early October would probably be something to look at (which I hadn't even pointed out yet was my plan already.)

I know it's not set in stone, nothing is until it's opened or announced, but I've got my fingers crossed! I definitely want to go for the opening, though. Just because I think it'll be crazy to experience it. And then I'll probably want to go back in a couple of years for the 50th anniversary. Maybe even drag some friends with me. :)

Please let us know if you have any specific questions in regards to your trip!

The last I heard the plan was 'Summer 2019', however in Disney terms 'Summer' could be late August.

Hopefully, it will be early and the extreme hype can die down by the time you go!!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. If you're looking at Deluxe but thinking they are too outside your price points, I'd recommend seeing if you can rent points at one of the DVC properties. The savings can be quite high. I think ( not 100% sure but someone on the board will be ) you can only book 10 months out so I'd book CSR now and check closer for a better deal. Have an amazing trip!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. If you're looking at Deluxe but thinking they are too outside your price points, I'd recommend seeing if you can rent points at one of the DVC properties. The savings can be quite high. I think ( not 100% sure but someone on the board will be ) you can only book 10 months out so I'd book CSR now and check closer for a better deal. Have an amazing trip!
You can definitely save some cash and there are point charts readily available online. If you want to stay at AKL, for example, search the point chart and then calculate what you would need in points for the room you want. Estimate that you will spend approximately $15/point to rent them from a DVC member (could be less or a tad more depending). You can book the home resort of the points at 11 months and any DVC resort at 7 months. There is a DVC rentals thread here on disboards that has a ton of information and often has disboarders looking to rent some points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!