4th FP (Tier 1) MDE won’t let me make it

Miggie

Earning My Ears
My friends are in Epcot today and a couple out of the party are returning this evening for a date night. They wanted to get a 4th fp for
Soarin. They used (or expired) their 3 scheduled FPs as of a few minutes ago, but MDE won’t let me make the 4th fp (I’m logged into their account), saying all 3 fp experiences must be used first. Per MDE they are used/expired. I’ve tried the app and in the browser. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Keep trying. Log out and log back in. It may be that the window for that last fast pass might have to expire. It shouldn't be how it works, but I've experienced delays that made me think it might be the case.

I’ve logged in and out of both the app and my browser several times. The last fp expired at 3:05, I even waited the 15 minute grace period. They did have a DAS pass for a couple of them which is showing up, but the app won’t let me make the 4th fp for anyone, including people not on the DAS. I’ll keep trying though.

I’ve logged in and out of both the app and my browser several times. The last fp expired at 3:05, I even waited the 15 minute grace period. They did have a DAS pass for a couple of them which is showing up, but the app won’t let me make the 4th fp for anyone, including people not on the DAS. I’ll keep trying though.

Some people report this problem when they've let their tier 2s expire versus actually tapping into them. Guest services should be able to help if you want to spend the time on that

Others know better than me, but don't you have to USE your three fastpasses first? That is, it doesn't count if you just let it expire. If they let a Tier 2 expire and didn't check in, then they first have to do another Tier 2 before they can book a Tier 1.

That's the way I think it works.

I had same issue last week. Expired FPs continued to count as existing FPs on the account, thus preventing the selection of the 4th FP. I simply went to the rides, explained to the CM that I need to tap to get rid of an expired FP, and they did something on their screen that cleared it off of my MDE entirely. This was way faster than waiting in line at Guest Services. Note: I couldn't do this at FOP, where the CM manning the FP entrance said I'd actually have to go into the queue, get to the second tap point, and tap there as well to clear the expired FP. Not sure if this is actually the case though.

My friends called Disney when they were bringing the rest of their party home. Apparently they were let through the handicapped entrance at a Spaceship Earth (or something like that) and didn’t tap in for the fp. They were able to fix it over the phone and got their date night Soarin FPs.

I appreciate everyone’s help!

This is why I always suggest that you either use it or at least tap in for it even if you don't ride.
Just makes things much easier since some times the expired ones don't fall off the system.

The other thing it might let you do is modify the one that expired without being used to another Tier 2, tap that one off and it might clear everything. I know people have said that works in the past but I haven't seen it suggested recently.

This is why I always suggest that you either use it or at least tap in for it even if you don't ride.
Just makes things much easier since some times the expired ones don't fall off the system.
Agree. The fast pass has to be used. Just modify it for the next closest thing at any park, and then allow it to expire and then select the 4th FP

I think my friends have learned to tap in whether they thought they needed to or not. I would have modified it for them on the app (the “expired”one) except it wasn’t showing at all. Or maybe I just need to go with them next time to “help”!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!