5 and 2 1/2 Yr Olds- A few Questions

Buks4

Earning My Ears
Hi-

I have a few questions:

1. Would you take a 2 1/2 year old to the Hoop de Doo Review?
2. Should we go to Epcot with a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old? If so, any recommendations?
3. Is there a dinner spot where you can watch the Illuminations show at Epcot?

Thanks so much for your help.

My kids are the same ages as yours. Epcot was a lot of fun for them. The Characters on Holiday was one of the best ways to meet characters. The times are listed on the park map. A bus pulls up and a bunch (I'd say 10-15) of characters do a dance, then get out for photo ops. I hope this isn't something that's done only at Christmas time.

My 5 y.o. is a daredevil and loved Test Track. Honey I Shrunk the Audience terrified both of us. Didn't care for the new Journey into Imagination ( I miss Figment), but there's a neat interactive area there. In the Land pavilion, there's Food Rocks which is a cute but loud show. There's also a Circle of Life video w/Lion King characters in it. In Wonders of Life we enjoyed the exhibits and met Sport Goofy. Our 2 y.o. could spend the entire day watching the fish in the Living Seas. The Spaceship Earth ride didn't thrill either of them, but it was exciting to go in the "golf ball". We've skipped Universe of Energy so far because DD was afraid of of dinosaurs until recently.

There are character greeting spots in World Showcase as well as Kid Spots. (Not sure if that's what they're called.) We haven't tried this yet, but apparently you make a mask and get coins to use during the parade. The parade was fun. We enjoyed the Maelstrom ride in Norway and the Mexico ride. There's a Viking ship play area in Norway. We've skipped the movies, although I loved them when I went pre-kids. I did "force" them to sit through the America show because I'm a history teacher. I loved it. The acrobats in China were fun to watch.

The Garden Grille character meal was worth repeating.

As for Illuminations, I can't answer your question about dinner. Our 2 y.o. is scared of the fireworks. My favorite thing to do is get pastries in France and find a spot to watch Illuminations while we eat.

1.) Yes.
2.) Yes.
3.) Yes.

I've never been to Hoop de Doo Review, but, I do take my kids almost everywhere that I go, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

We went to Epcot in May of 2001, we took my 4 and 1 year old boys, and we were really suprised what a great time we had. We didn't plan enough time for the visit, but, next year we definitely will.

We were going to eat at Rose & Crown, walked up, no PS, got a table, my 1 year old was fine, my 4 year old was not being very good, so we left. That restaurant is in a perfect spot to view Illuminations. Check the restaurant board, if you have PS, you can request the terrace when you check in, not sure of what time your PS has to be. Like I said, we walked up and got the terrace. I know if your inside, they let you go to the terrace and watch Illuminations when it starts.

Pretty much you can see Illuminations from several different spots at Epcot.

Have fun!

I took my oldest to Hoop at just turned three and she LOVED it. If you are going to be at MK prior try the Diamond Horseshoe Review and she how she likes it as they are similar. We love the HDD!. Epcot is so Great don't miss it, you didn't say how much time you have but we rate it second over MK. My girls are 2 years apart - 5 and 7 now and we have been visiting since 1 & 3. They love the live music, the kidcot stops and every ride they are tall enough for esp spaceship earth and Mexico and Norway's rides not to mention the fireworks and TOD parades. The only restaurant to see the fireworks is Rose & Crown Pub - check WIWIG.com for a menu and tips for getting a ressie to see the show.
TJ

Welcome to Dis! Your 2 1/2 year old should love Hoop De Doo. They will also have a great time at Epcot. We just went with a large group including two 8-yr-olds, a 6 yr-old, a 2-year old and a 1 yr old. They all had a great time at Epcot.
We saw Illuminations a couple of times - once from a bench and once from a restaurant in Norway with a front outside patio. It was great. :bounce:

Rose & Crown is a great place to watch Illuminations. We were there in March 2000. My DD (8) was asked by our waitress is she would be interested in lighting the fireworks that night for Illuminations. What a memory!!!! She got a Magical Moment Certificate signed by the staff there and so did her 21 month old sister who believed she lit up the show as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter