Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

So ... there are nighttime EMH at DHS on Marathon day. So ... guess who's staying up late after the marathon???
(Also AM EMH at MK on 10K day, but that will depend on what time I finish and how disgusting I am (ie can I go to the park without changing))

Thinking maybe Epcot Saturday night for Test Track and a quick bite to eat. Not sure about the rest of my days. AK has AM EMH on Monday, so maybe if I don't feel like sleeping in I'll run there for a little bit. Unless I end up going over to Universal on Monday... I haven't booked my Universal hotel/tickets yet so that's all still up in the air.

So ... there are nighttime EMH at DHS on Marathon day. So ... guess who's staying up late after the marathon???
(Also AM EMH at MK on 10K day, but that will depend on what time I finish and how disgusting I am (ie can I go to the park without changing))

Thinking maybe Epcot Saturday night for Test Track and a quick bite to eat. Not sure about the rest of my days. AK has AM EMH on Monday, so maybe if I don't feel like sleeping in I'll run there for a little bit. Unless I end up going over to Universal on Monday... I haven't booked my Universal hotel/tickets yet so that's all still up in the air.

Now you have me rethinking all my plans! I have been annoyed with the 8pm MK closing time. Maybe I’ll change my 7:30pm Cali grill dinner to 5pm then hop to HS.

Now you have me rethinking all my plans! I have been annoyed with the 8pm MK closing time. Maybe I’ll change my 7:30pm Cali grill dinner to 5pm then hop to HS.

Sounds like an excellent plan to me :)
And yeah, I'm with you on the early MK closing. It's marathon day - they should at least be open until 10 so that people can sleep/nap/chill and still get in lots of quality post-marathon MK time!

I would use quotes but I'm on my phone and the wifi here is not so hot. But yeah, it looked like they were auctioning hens, there was a lady holding her two hens next to Red. It was strange. We will look for that magic shot, thanks! Yep, I'm wdw/cruising/wdw until Aug 1.

Good luck registering tomorrow! Or later today...I will be cheering you on (from home) come January!

I would use quotes but I'm on my phone and the wifi here is not so hot. But yeah, it looked like they were auctioning hens, there was a lady holding her two hens next to Red. It was strange. We will look for that magic shot, thanks! Yep, I'm wdw/cruising/wdw until Aug 1.

Yeah, quote on the phone can be annoying. The auction thing was definitely weird.
Enjoy the rest of your trip! I'm so jealous that you're there and that you're cruising soon!

Good luck registering tomorrow! Or later today...I will be cheering you on (from home) come January!

I get to skip the registration stuff (for the moment at least) because I'm already "registered" through a travel agent, but thanks!

Someone please remind me that I registered through a travel agent for a reason and it's a terrible idea for me to register today and cancel my travel agent reservation.
What this means is that you just wait for the registration to come through and didn't have all the frustration of this morning such as 10 minute wait times taking much longer than 10 minutes, errors, or being double or triple charged for various items.

What this means is that you just wait for the registration to come through and didn't have all the frustration of this morning such as 10 minute wait times taking much longer than 10 minutes, errors, or being double or triple charged for various items.

I'm sure I'll have my own freak out moments when the registration link doesn't show up exactly when I expect it, but ... the potential for less stress in the registration process is nice.

Hey! I logged in today just to see if you were writing a trip report for your latest trip and then I find this. No way I can read through 65 pages but I’m gonna try a brief summary catch up and then I’ll do my best to follow along! Excited to see you in January!!

I'm sure I'll have my own freak out moments when the registration link doesn't show up exactly when I expect it, but ... the potential for less stress in the registration process is nice.
I used a travel agent for the 2015 Star Wars half at Disneyland and I did worry a bit about something going really wrong. But it went perfectly. I've always been able to take advantage of AP registration since, but would not hesitate to use a travel agent for registration again if I need to.

Hey! I logged in today just to see if you were writing a trip report for your latest trip and then I find this. No way I can read through 65 pages but I’m gonna try a brief summary catch up and then I’ll do my best to follow along! Excited to see you in January!!

Stacy!!! Hi!!
I wanted to do a TR for this trip, but I've been so swamped with work that I just don't have time (I don't remember if you know this or not, but I just started a new job a few months ago and I'm still adjusting to the schedule ... plus the deadline for the project I'm working on is in a few weeks ... so I'm typing this on my work laptop at home at 9pm while I wait for some work stuff to finish running in the background). I'm trying to do short (or not so short) recaps of every day of the trip here, but it's been hard to find the time. Hopefully I'll have day 2 (and my first visit to Toy Story Land!) up at some point tonight.

I used a travel agent for the 2015 Star Wars half at Disneyland and I did worry a bit about something going really wrong. But it went perfectly. I've always been able to take advantage of AP registration since, but would not hesitate to use a travel agent for registration again if I need to.

I'm definitely going to worry until everything is done, but I'm hoping all will go perfectly. This is my first time using a travel agent (and I'm mostly doing it for the cancellability, since I've only been at my current job for a few months and I don't want to assume I can get the days off), but I'm really hoping it ends up being a good experience. A lot of people have told me that they've had good experiences with travel agents, which definitely helps soothe my nerves a little.

WDW July 2018 Recap: Day 2, Monday July 2nd - Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom

Warning: This post is mostly words with only a few pictures. I'm too tired for pictures.

Anyway, on to the story:

Day 2. DHS was having EMH starting at 7am, so before bed the night before, we asked a CM what time the first bus to DHS would be. We were told 6am, but I still wanted to get to the bus stop closer to 5:45 in case there was a line.

We ended up catching a 5:47 bus (so ... apparently buses were running before 6am) and were at the park before 6. We lined up by the tapstiles, and after giving us a little speil of what to expect (we would be held near Trolley Car Cafe, which was open, until CMs were ready to walk us back into Toy Story Land), they let us into the park around 6:15. We decided to wait to eat breakfast (which we had brought with us) until we got to Toy Story Land. At about 6:48AM, CMs started walking the group back to Toy Story Land.
I took this picture a little before 7:
42762684224_70e1320370_c.jpg

Next picture on my camera was this:
28592614777_08632a0da4_c.jpg

Wait time is posted at 80 minutes, but we waited around 20. The line moved a lot, but there were also points where we were standing still, and that's when we ate breakfast. And took lots of pictures of the queue, which was (spoiler alert) amazing. Here's one such picture:

42762682954_904b1683da_c.jpg

We absolutely loved it! It may have become our new favorite WDW attraction. And, it ends on the best note with ...
28592612767_481a87c6fe_c.jpg

After Slinky Dog Dash we made our way to Alien Swirling Saucers, which was also super fun. We wanted to do Toy Story Mania to complete all of the Toy Story Land attractions before the park opened to day guests, but it was closed due to technical difficulties, so instead we met Woody & Jessie. By the time we finished the M&G, Toy Story Mania was open again, so we experienced the new queue for that.

Before we leave Toy Story Land:
42762681434_37f42b88fb_c.jpg

28592610937_b5f142dd73_c.jpg

28592616687_19f09db0af_c.jpg

Next up: The rest of the park.
We met Buzz Lightyear and Cruz Ramirez (separately) in Pixar Place, then made our way to Trolley Car Cafe for our coffee #2 of the day. We finished our coffee and met BB-8, who asked if we flew in on an x-wing fighter. I've seen the Star Wars movies, but I'm not a super fan, so I was a little nervous ... but I answered correctly. Next up was the Incredibles 2 preview at Walt Disney Presents.

Our first super-long wait was for Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams. It said 20 or 30 minutes, and we waited for almost an hour. We did play Heads Up in line, which helped, but still ... long. After the long line, we ate lunch, and then met our favorite chipmunks, Chip n Dale. Then we did Muppet*Vision 3D, which is not as much fun when the theater is packed and you have a higher probability of sitting next to someone annoying. But whatever.

After visiting the muppets, we met some more characters - Goofy and then Olaf. And that was the end of our day at Hollywood Studios.

But ... we weren't done for the day. We hopped a bus that took us to ...

28593509127_aafd51d275_c.jpg

We started off taking pictures around the Tree of Life, which is always great. Then it was time for our first FP+, Na'vi River Journey. This was our first time experiencing Pandora.
The verdict: It was pretty, but we didn't feel a need to stick around and explore. Na'vi River Journey was pretty, but we didn't get the storyline. It was explained to me (by @rteetz) after the fact and I guess I understood it then, but ... it was pretty and that was all I got during the ride.

Anyway ... after leaving Pandora, we made our way to Dinoland U.S.A. to ride a particular attraction, but we got distracted by something that I forgot was happening: Donald's Dino Bash. We realized that there would be some special characters out and about, so we went to meet a few:
43479929581_890106afe8_c.jpg

41672208800_6a57344ea5_c.jpg

Launchpad McQuack and Scrooge McDuck! Score!
We also met Daisy Duck in a fun outfit, and then watched some of the Dino-Riffic Dance Party before heading where we were headed in the first place ... Primeval Whirl, which we rode with a fun mother and daughter.

We left Dinoland U.S.A. and met some more characters ... Timon, Mickey and Minnie (with FP+), and Pocahontas. We had a few minutes until our next FP+, so we checked out the single rider line for Expedition Everest, and since it was relatively short (15 minutes, I think), we rode.

Then was the FP+ I was most excited for ... Kilimanjaro Safaris. We ended up riding a little earlier than planned because we were nervous about making it to Rivers of Light (although we had picked up a FP+), so it wasn't the exact experience I was hoping for, but we still saw a lot of animals, including: African Elephant, African Lion, Ankole Cattle, Black Rhinoceros, Bontebok, Cheetah, Eastern Bongo, Eland, Giraffe, Greater Flamingo, Greater Kudu, Hippopotamus, Nile Crocodile, Okapi, Pink-Backed Pelican, Yellow-billed Stork, Spotted Hyena, Springbok, White-bearded Wildebeast, and White Rhinoceros. Overall, it was a really good safari.
43431641392_284b601c38_c.jpg

We had grabbed a FP+ for Rivers of Light, so we made our way to the FP+ seating area entrance. We had heard good things about the show, so we were excited.
43431640692_81c8fda8cc_c.jpg

43431640392_a8e1ab38ef_c.jpg

Overall, we liked it, but didn't really get the plot. I'm someone who really loves taking pictures (although I'm actually a terrible photographer), and Rivers of Light is a really good show to take pictures of. OMG. I just could not stop taking pictures. I was loving it.

We had one last thing we wanted to do that night: see some of the tree awakening. We were able to get some pictures of the tree looking incredibly beautiful and lit up (it really was super pretty):
43431639952_53456dab80_c.jpg

And then we left.

That was day 2. We got to DHS a little before 6 and left AK around 10. So that was a 16 hour day. Yeah. Time for bed ... especially because we had another early morning ahead of us.

I am excited to check out TSL in November. I think for what it is it looks like a lot of fun.

I can understand the plot being a bit lacking on both NRJ and RoL... I still really like both though. I agree that RoL is a great photographers show. I never stop taking photos of it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter