Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Officially registered for my favorite race of the year!

A half two weeks after a marathon would not have been my smartest decision.
Back in my less than ideal training days, I would frequently skip shorter runs on the weekends because I was lazy. This meant that I had to cut out the short runs on weekends in order to fit all the long runs in. While this proved to be a good enough method of training to go 13.1 miles, I think it took a huge physical toll. Let's just say that I learned a lot from training for those first 3 races. And I've spent all my years of running since working to ensure that I do not repeat those mistakes.

Instead, I can learn from new ones I make. Or discover that what works in a half isn't good enough for a marathon. At least I learned those things before the marathon.

Week In Review: September 29th - October 6th, 2019 - Week 5 of NYC Marathon Training

Monday:
  • Scheduled: Rest Day
  • Actual: Rest Day
Tuesday:
Considered maybe doing an online barre3 class, but just never really got around to it.

Wednesday:
Thursday:
  • Scheduled: 13 mins Easy + 35 mins @ M Tempo + 5.5 mins @ HM Temp + 6.5 mins Easy
  • Actual:
    • Run - 4.91 miles, 1:01:46 hours, 12:25 min/mi avg pace
      • M Tempo: 3.03 miles, 35:00 minutes, 11:35 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:38 min/mi)
      • HM Tempo: 0.51 miles, 5:30 minutes, 10:47 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:09 min/mi)
It was raining and I wasn’t fully rehydrated after fasting Wednesday, so questionable if this run was a good idea or if I should have swapped it with Friday’s, but … it was okay. Probably should have delayed it, but it’s fine. Slower than I’ve been on recent tempo runs, but if I can still be faster than planned on a day like today, then I think I’m in really good shape.

Friday:
  • Scheduled: 30 minutes easy
  • Actual: Run - 2.54 miles EC, 30:57 minutes, 12:11 min/mi avg pace
I got a later start than I wanted, so I just did a quick lap around the reservoir. Not the best run, but not the worst either.

Had some knee pain in the late afternoon/evening, which is great because we were hosting a meal for 12 people and I needed to be able to move around to help serve. But whatever. Meal was good, thankfully. Good crowd of people, good food, and people seemed happy to be there. And Advil works wonders when you're in pain and hosting :).

Saturday:
  • Scheduled: Rest Day!
  • Actual: barre3 Online Video
I was thinking the knee pain I had on Friday might have been related to not having the movement/stretching I usually get from barre, so I decided to do a short-ish online video. It was fine.

rD-ish Update:
We’ve been breaking wine glasses like crazy around here, so we used my marathon weekend glass for last night’s meal. I was washing it, and some of the red from the bottom came off. Sigh. Oh runDisney, why must the merchandise you sell fall apart? (I’m okay with it, honestly - not thrilled, but as long as the races are still there, I’m fine with it).

Sunday:
  • Scheduled: 90 minutes Easy
  • Actual: Run - 6.77 miles, 1:26:49 minutes, 12:49 min/mi avg pace
I didn’t have a route plan, so I kept making it up as I went along. And I couldn’t settle on a playlist that felt right. So this didn’t feel like a super successful run, but I made it through, so I guess it was a success.
Although … knee and ankle pain. I think I have to stop pretending it's not the shoes.

Shoe Update:
I hate to say this, but … Mean Tink gots to go. I wanted to like the Brooks Launch, especially after the first run in them was so great, but every run since has had ankle problems, so they’re getting returned.
Still trying to figure out what I’m replacing them with. I think I’m sticking with my current pair of Levitates through NYC marathon (they’re around 175 miles now, so they should be around 200ish miles on marathon day, since I will only use them for runs over an hour). But I have options for what comes next.
Here are the three shoes I’m looking at (in no particular order) and my thoughts:
  1. Brooks Ricochet - From what I can see, this model seems to be “in between” the Launch and the Levitate. I’m not 100% sure it’ll work, but it might be worth a try if the problem with the Launch is that there’s just not enough substance to it (not sure that’s the right description, but I know what I mean). Especially because I don’t really need the marathon-level shoe for 10K-Half, which is what this new shoe is for. Regular price: $120. Zappos Price: $80 (limited color availability).
  2. Saucony Freedom ISO 2 - This is the other shoe I liked when I tried on the Launch. It definitely had a different feel than the Launch (which could be a good thing), but it fit really comfortably and felt good. Regular Price: $160. Zappos Price: $160.
  3. Brooks Levitate 2 - This is the marathon shoe. I love it, and I’m kinda already picking out my next color even though it was supposed to be a one-and-done shoe. But the price. Also, this is my marathon shoe, and in my post-marathon life, am I really going to want to be wearing my marathon shoe? I think maybe I’d rather have a half-marathon shoe. (That probably makes no sense). I dunno. Regular Price: $150. Zappos Price: $100-$120.
Thoughts? Has anyone worn one or more of these shoes and can share experiences?

Upcoming:
Monday - 45 mins Easy, barre3
Tuesday - 60 mins Easy, drink alllllll the water
Wednesday - Rest Day
Thursday - 45 mins Easy, barre3?
Friday - 30 mins Easy
Saturday - Rest Day!
Sunday - 55 mins Easy + 81 mins @ M Tempo + 11 mins @ HM Tempo + 35 mins Easy

It’s peak week, y’all! Not sure if I’m excited or just want to get it over with. Original plan was no barre3 for this week, but I haven’t been in over a week and I want to go. Thursday’s barre3 is a question mark because I won’t go unless I feel 100% … and also because I have baseball tickets (but this is game 5 and we’re actually kinda hoping for a sweep because go Yankees).

T-4 weeks to Marathon Day! I should probably finish buying the parts of my outfit, right?

Last edited:
I woke up this morning and did not want to get out of bed and did not want to run. Off to a great start on peak week...

Guess who finally bought the last missing piece of her race outfit???

I don't think it will be here in time for me to test it on Sunday's long run (last time I ordered from New Balance it took 10 days from when I ordered to when I got it, so I'm assuming a similar time frame for this). I ordered from New Balance specifically because I wear a lot of New Balance shirts and they never bother me, so I figured it would probably be safe even if I didn't get a super long run in which to test it out, but I am still hoping I get it in time to test it on my 90-minute run next Sunday.
I tried to get the same shirt that NYRR gets for their races, but I couldn't find it ... it might be something you can only order in bulk.

Plan for the race is to wear that under a white shirt (which you can kinda see through), and then ditch the white shirt if I get hot.

Marathon shirt is here, so I get to do a full dress rehearsal tomorrow! It's a little bigger than I wanted (I went with medium because that's what all my new balance shirts are, but apparently sizing on this one is a little different). Kinda just want to get this run over with, so the plan is to not pause the watch (also, this is a virtual half for me, so that they ignore the pauses for time anyway). I don't know how I'll feel about the super long M tempo, but if I struggle too much, I can just switch over to easy and I'll have to adjust my plan for race day. To break 5:30, all I need is a 12:30 pace, and I can do that even without running the whole marathon at M Tempo, so I think I'm in okay shape no matter what.

Also ... I'm surprisingly less apathetic than I thought I would be about this whole Kipchoge thing. I still don't think it's worth very much, since it was a completely controlled environment, but it has made me believe that we'll see sub-2 in a race fairly soon. It's kinda cool.

Last edited:
Hey @DopeyBadger, wasn't I supposed to have a 3 hour run on this plan? I thought we discussed that. I was fairly surprised to discover that today's run was only scheduled to be 2:40:30 (the plan says 2:37:39, but that's not how the minutes on the schedule add up - I'm guessing that's because you rounded up). It might have been less surprising had I not discovered it 10 minutes before the end...

(EDIT: This is fine, I don't think I need anything longer, but ... it was a little surprising)

Hey @DopeyBadger, wasn't I supposed to have a 3 hour run on this plan? I thought we discussed that. I was fairly surprised to discover that today's run was only scheduled to be 2:40:30 (the plan says 2:37:39, but that's not how the minutes on the schedule add up - I'm guessing that's because you rounded up). It might have been less surprising had I not discovered it 10 minutes before the end...

(EDIT: This is fine, I don't think I need anything longer, but ... it was a little surprising)

I'd have to review the plan and correspondence (not at home), but my initial guess is the ramp rate given we were limited before this phase 2 started.

I'd have to review the plan and correspondence (not at home), but my initial guess is the ramp rate given we were limited before this phase 2 started.

I figured it was something like that. The first draft of the plan had a 2:50ish run, but I'm guessing that when I asked you to cut out the Friday runs, that became too much too fast.

I knew there was most likely a good reason for it, I was just surprised. Although really, I probably should have looked at the how long the run was instead of assuming 3 hours...

Week In Review: October 7th - October 13th, 2019 - Week 6 of NYC Marathon Training

Monday:
  • Scheduled: 45 mins Easy, barre3
  • Actual:
    • Run - 3.53 miles EC, 45:01 minutes, 12:45 min/mi avg pace
    • barre3 with Lauren
Knee and ankle hurt a bit during my run. I don’t think it’s something that’ll keep me from running, but I am planning to do intervals for the rest of the week’s easy runs just to keep it super easy.

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I did my 100th barre3 class. Well I got my gift today!
b3.jpg
It’s a stainless steel water bottle. I haven’t used it yet, but I’m excited about it. Even though I have plenty of other water bottles.

Also … good barre class. My butt was seriously on fire by the end.

Marathon Update:
NYC Marathon confirmation forms came out, and let me tell ya … I had a little bit of a freakout. I like my number, my corral seems decent (and I’m in corral A of my wave/color, so I may try to start towards the front for some good pre-race pictures of the road ahead), and I run on the top of the Verrazzano Bridge, which is what I wanted. All good. I have a friend in my color/wave and another friend in my color but a different wave, so I will try to see one or both of them in the pre-race area.

Tuesday:
  • Scheduled: 60 mins Easy
  • Actual: Run - 4.52 miles Easy/LR Intervals, 1:00:23 hours, 13:22 min/mi avgpace
I wanted to wake up early for this one because I had a long day ahead of me, but I went to sleep at 1am (ALDS SWEEP!!), so being awake before 6 was not fun. Somehow I still made it out before sunrise … and I crashed *hard* later in the day.
As mentioned, I did this with intervals to keep it super easy on my knee. It still hurt, but probably not as bad as it would have had I gone continuous.

Wednesday:
Thursday:
  • Scheduled: 45 mins Easy
  • Actual: Run - 3.54 miles Easy/LR Intervals, 46:52 minutes, 13:14 min/mi avg pace
I was by my parents, so I did this in my old stomping grounds. Knee hurt a little early, but felt much better after a few minutes, which makes me think it was just stiff at the start. Excellent news.

Tech Update:
There’s this concept in the tech world called “open source software,” which is basically software/libraries that are publicly available for anyone to use/see the code/contribute. I’ve always thought that open source is a cool concept and wanted to contribute, but was always a little afraid and not sure how to get started. There’s a company that works a lot with open source that started something called Hacktoberfest, which encourages people to participate in open source by offering free swag (a t-shirt and possibly also stickers) once a participant reaches a certain number of attempted contributions (I don’t think the contribution has to be accepted, but I think it has to be considered a legitimate contribution attempt and not spam). This year the number of contributions is 4, and I put in my 4th contribution attempt today! My first one was a technical challenge for a job interview process and #2 and #3 had to do with contributions to my blog (which is technically open source because the code is out there for the world to see), but #4 was fixing up some documentation for a framework/library that I use a lot. I have since put in 2 more contributions to that same software, so I’m up to 7 Hacktoberfest contributions. Definitely getting that free shirt, and even though it was scary and I got some comments/change requests on my contributions, I’m glad I finally achieved something I’ve wanted to do for a while! There’s a week waiting period for them to allow maintainers to invalidate spam contributions, but after that, I get my t-shirt!
Also, the project I contributed to gives out free swag to contributors … so I’m getting socks.

Friday:
  • Actual: Run - 2.25 miles Easy/LR, 30:43 minutes, 13:37 min/mi avg pace
I needed to get out early and get this done quick, and I did. Knee felt 100% pain-free. Looks like I’m on the mend.

Saturday:
  • Actual: Rest Day!
Sunday:
  • Scheduled: 55 mins Easy + 81 mins @ M Tempo + 11 mins @ HM Tempo + 35 mins Easy
  • Actual:
    • Run - 13.92 miles, 2:46:36 hours, 11:58 min/mi avg pace
      • M Tempo: 7.17 miles, 1:21:00 hours, 11:18 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:38 min/mi)
      • HM Tempo: 0.91 miles, 10:50 minutes, 11:54 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:09 min/mi)
So … this thing. As I like to call it “the 3 hour run that wasn’t.”
Nothing went wrong, it just wasn’t scheduled to be a 3 hour run. I was 100% sure it was. When I knew I only had 12ish minutes left, I looked at my watch and I wasn’t even at 2:30, and then there was a panic of pulling up calendars and training plans and figuring out what went wrong … apparently what went wrong is that I’m an idiot.

I think my GPS had a nutty at some point during the M Tempo portion of the run, so that pace is a bit fast, but I did feel like I was able to maintain around M Tempo pace, maybe a drop faster, maybe a drop slower. And this was with fueling (I walk when I fuel because eating and running is a little too complicated for me).
HM Tempo was slow because I had a fueling break on the second interval and it was just too short of a period to make up the time. Also … I seem to have set it up wrong and missed 10 seconds.

Race Outfit Update:
Today was my race outfit test run.

The good news: Nothing was really uncomfortable.

The bad news: I hadn’t worn this shirt and this belt together before and apparently they don’t play nicely. The shirt kept riding up and ending up on top of the belt or something. I’m not exactly sure what was happening, but there was a lot of adjusting that needed to happen. So I don’t know if this is going to work out for the race. I gotta think about it. I may try reversing the layers (blue on top of white), but then I don’t have the option of ditching the top shirt (don’t want to toss my new shirt and also can’t wear the white shirt without something underneath). This may be a tough decision that I have to make.

Upcoming:
Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - Rest Day
Wednesday - 45 mins Easy, Yankees
Thursday - 45 mins Easy, barre3
Friday - 30 mins Easy
Saturday - Rest Day!
Sunday - 13 mins Easy + 70 mins @ M Tempo + 5.5 mins @ HM Tempo + 6.5 mins Easy

Things I Need To Figure Out Over The Next 3ish Weeks:
  • Outfit Situation - what do I do about the shirt/belt issue?
  • Water Bottle - I've trained with the big one, but do I want to use the little one instead and ask them to refill it like I did at Disney?
  • Pre-Race Plan - Coffee, breakfast, entertainment in the corrals (well, my friend Dona is in my color/wave and she's always entertaining, but I may also want to bring a deck of cards to keep my busy) ... stuff like that. Also have to figure out how I'm getting to the library to catch my marathon bus, but that shouldn't be a huge issue, it'll just depend on how the trains are running.
  • Morning Prayers - the prayer service area is near my corrals, but I'm not sure that it'll be set up in a way that I'm comfortable praying there
  • Race Goal - I gotta do some #math (or more likely, ask Coach to do some math for me) to set a race goal. Officially, it's 5:29, but I have some thoughts based on my last run and I want to see where the numbers get me.
  • Post-Race - Current plan is to meet my dad at the Starbucks right near the poncho exit. But what happens after that??
I haven't been able to get the Sport Beans flavor I like near me, but Beth orders from Jelly Belly a lot, so she ordered me some (I'll trade them for the gels I bought her at the running store). I have plenty of gels for race day. So I think I'm set for nutrition.

What am I forgetting???

NYC is coming so soon! I'm getting excited! My 2 cents (if they are even worth that much, haha):

1. Return the shirt. its too big and it causes issues. Get another or use one you have already.
2. Use the water on course and don't bother with a bottle. So many water stops.
3. Thanks for reminder - I need to go to goodwill for throwaways.
4. Don't worry about others, just do your thing. You'll never see them again. I didn't even know they had this, that's cool. I myself might stop in the "therapy dogs" area, lol.
5. I'm not coach, so good luck!
6. I'm having my boyfriend meet me at a bar (TBD) between the poncho exit and columbus circle. Because beer >> coffee.

NYC is coming so soon! I'm getting excited!
Less than three weeks!!

1. Return the shirt. its too big and it causes issues. Get another or use one you have already.
So ... the new shirt is fine (a drop big, but comfortable - most of my shirts are a little too tight for me). The problem shirt is a shirt I've had forever (and run at least 4 halfs in...). I may end up just running in the new shirt and bringing the too big shirt as a throwaway that ditch as soon as it starts to bother me. Or I may find something else to run in. I have to figure it out.

2. Use the water on course and don't bother with a bottle. So many water stops.
I like to run with my own water so that I can hydrate/fuel whenever I want
I'm also dealing with a really nasty dry throat which I'm hoping is better by race day, but as of right now I need to be almost constantly drinking if I don't want to be constantly coughing, so I really do need to have water on me at all times.

The question is just how much water I need to have ... there are a lot of water stops on course so I might be able to get away with a smaller bottle, but I'm not sure because I've been training with the bigger bottle and drinking a lot (again, the dry throat).

3. Thanks for reminder - I need to go to goodwill for throwaways.
Same. I have some stuff, but I think not everything I need.

4. Don't worry about others, just do your thing. You'll never see them again. I didn't even know they had this, that's cool. I myself might stop in the "therapy dogs" area, lol.
I love that they have therapy dogs. That's such a fun thing to have at the start.

5. I'm not coach, so good luck!
Thanks!

6. I'm having my boyfriend meet me at a bar (TBD) between the poncho exit and columbus circle. Because beer >> coffee.
Post-race I'm probably going to want coffee then beer.
And also, it would be weird to have my father meet me in a bar. I'm not sure my father has ever been in a bar. He's not really a bar person.
But good call having a meeting place not exactly at the poncho exit!

Sarah is in the drawing for the 2020 United Airlines NYC Half! WooHoo!

Also ... did anyone else not know that you can insert alt text for images?? If you click the image, there's a little thing that pops up and one of the options is alt text!

Although since I just discovered it ... I really probably don't want to go through this entire thread with my screen reader on and see how bad it is.

Week In Review: October 14th - October 20th, 2019 - Week 7 of NYC Marathon Training
This recap is a little late, but ... holidays + I'm in Philly, so... anyway, the week recap:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
  • Actual: Treadmill Run - 2.36 miles, 30:22 minutes, 12:52 min/mi avg pace
So … this guy. I woke up and discovered that my right contact lens was too torn to wear (it’s always the right one - I go through right lenses twice as fast as I go through left lenses). I didn’t bring home spare lenses, because I’m a moron/I didn’t want to believe that my lens was actually torn (it was starting to tear on Saturday, but I’m super stubborn), so glasses it was. I didn’t want to outside run in my glasses, so I hit the treadmill. I was already not in the mood to run, so I kept it short.

Thursday:
  • Actual: Run - 3.61 miles Easy/LR Intervals, 46:57 minutes, 13:00 min/mi avg pace
Ran in Central Park. Without water (long story involving lots of back and forth to Queens). Neither part of that sucked as much as I expected. Hmm.

Baseball - Yankees playoff game! My first playoff game. It turns out, playoff baseball is not for me. Maybe it was just the section we were sitting in, but it seemed like people were more interested in screaming obscenities, harassing fans of the other team, obstructing other people’s views, and smoking than in watching a baseball game. I wrote to the Yankees about this, but I wouldn’t go to a playoff game again. Not the environment in which I enjoy baseball. And I’m a little annoyed that we paid a lot of money for tickets and weren’t able to enjoy the game.

Friday:
  • Actual: Run - 3.36 miles Easy/LR Intervals, 44:21 minutes, 13:11 min/mi avg pace
Wanted to make up the 15 minutes I cut off of Wednesday’s run, but also was super tired … surprised I managed to make up most of it. I was pretty sleepy by the end. Was probably paying more attention to the cars driving down the street towards the end than the run (I wanted to see if I would see my brother on his way to work - and I did).

Saturday:
  • Actual: Rest Day!
Sunday:
  • Scheduled: 13 mins Easy + 70 mins @ M Tempo + 5.5 mins @ HM Tempo + 6.5 mins Easy
  • Actual:
    • Run - 7.57 miles, 1:29:39 hours, 11:50 min/mi avg pace
      • M Tempo: 6.03 miles, 1:10:00 hours, 11:37 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:38 min/mi)
      • HM Tempo: 0 miles, 0 minutes, 00:00 min/mi avg pace (Goal Pace: 11:09 min/mi)
Coach and I had discussed what to do if I had to cut this run short. I was really hoping I could avoid that, but it was a rough run and I kept stopping to pause, so I ended up cutting out the HM Tempo part. Just a rough run overall and I wasn’t in the right headspace for it. I had considered just doing this as 95 minutes easy and skipping the tempo, and that probably would have been the smarter thing to do.
Also … it’s possible I was supposed to practice fueling on this run and I didn’t. Oops?

Upcoming:
Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - Rest Day
Wednesday - Run with Beth
Thursday - 13 mins Easy + 35 mins @ M Tempo + 5.5 mins @ HM Tempo + 6.5 mins Easy, barre3?
Friday - 30 mins Easy
Saturday - Rest Day!
Sunday - 45 mins Easy, barre3

Last edited:
Also ... I will be very happy when this marathon is over. It's a lot of stress. There's still stuff I need to figure out and none of it is easy, and when I do ask people for running advice, the answers (while very appreciated) tend to not sit well with me just because I have such a different approach to running than most people. So I have to make the decisions myself without help and that can be rough.

I'm also trying to plan my post-marathon recovery, but I don't fully know my work schedule yet, so it's kinda up in the air. Definitely want to do at least 2 barre classes that week and run on Wednesday or Thursday. Might try out a new local workout called SaltDrop (led by the former studio director of my barre studio), but I think I'm gonna save that for the following week. I have the Rangerstown 5K on November 17th, and I want to run at least 3 times between the marathon and the 5K.

Last edited:
Some updates on my race plans:

• Outfit Situation - what do I do about the shirt/belt issue?
So ... y'all are going to think this is crazy, but I think I'm just going to wear the outfit. If the shirt bothers me, it bothers me. It's not like it's a chafing issue, I just may have to adjust my belt more than I like to. I'll survive.

• Water Bottle - I've trained with the big one, but do I want to use the little one instead and ask them to refill it like I did at Disney?
I think I am gonna go with the big water bottle. It honestly doesn't bother me that much, and if it does, I'll just hand it off to my dad when I see him or give it to my friends who are spectating at mile 21. I just feel better having the big water bottle and being mostly independent in terms of my fueling/hydrating.

• Pre-Race Plan - Coffee, breakfast, entertainment in the corrals (well, my friend Dona is in my color/wave and she's always entertaining, but I may also want to bring a deck of cards to keep my busy) ... stuff like that. Also have to figure out how I'm getting to the library to catch my marathon bus, but that shouldn't be a huge issue, it'll just depend on how the trains are running.
Still no idea on this one.

• Morning Prayers - the prayer service area is near my corrals, but I'm not sure that it'll be set up in a way that I'm comfortable praying there
Again, no idea.

• Race Goal - I gotta do some #math (or more likely, ask Coach to do some math for me) to set a race goal. Officially, it's 5:29, but I have some thoughts based on my last run and I want to see where the numbers get me.
Goal is sub-5:30
Currently in talks with Coach about the plan. My thoughts based on the last long run were stupid. We'll see what he says about my new thoughts.

• Post-Race - Current plan is to meet my dad at the Starbucks right near the poncho exit. But what happens after that??
After coffee is get ready for work. Starting a new job the day after the marathon was probably not my best idea, but it's what worked best, so I'll just have to figure it out.
Thankfully, the office has cold brew on tap, so I can drink allll the coffee on Monday (assuming I have access to the kitchen and am not secluded in a conference room the whole day).

I haven't been able to get the Sport Beans flavor I like near me, but Beth orders from Jelly Belly a lot, so she ordered me some (I'll trade them for the gels I bought her at the running store). I have plenty of gels for race day. So I think I'm set for nutrition.

Beth to the rescue! Picked up Sport Beans from her when I was there earlier this week. Also got more jelly beans :).

WE INTERRUPT THIS MARATHON TRAINING THOUGHT FOR A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Yes, that's right, I'm seeing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Wednesday. For $40. I'm excited.

The solo thing may be a little awkward, but it's fine. I honestly should have registered for two tickets and invited my mom, but too late (when you register for the lottery you choose a number of tickets). I honestly wasn't expecting to win.
Now I just have to decide what to wear. Do I wear my Platform 9 3/4 shirt? My "I Solemnly Swear That I'm Up To No Good" shirt? My Marauder's Map sweatshirt?
The sweatshirt doesn't match the other two shirts, or I'd wear it with one of them.

That's really cool about the win for the Harry Potter Tickets. I heard it is a great show. I am sure it will be fine solo since you will be watching the show and not talking to people.

Baseball - Yankees playoff game! My first playoff game. It turns out, playoff baseball is not for me. Maybe it was just the section we were sitting in, but it seemed like people were more interested in screaming obscenities, harassing fans of the other team, obstructing other people’s views, and smoking than in watching a baseball game. I wrote to the Yankees about this, but I wouldn’t go to a playoff game again. Not the environment in which I enjoy baseball. And I’m a little annoyed that we paid a lot of money for tickets and weren’t able to enjoy the game.
Sorry that you had a less than enjoyable playoff experience. I got to attend an A's playoff game many years ago (we knew one of their pitchers) and enjoyed the entire atmosphere, but as I remember it was a lot of people cheering for the A's and increased intensity because it was the playoffs. Nothing like what you experienced. Playoff tickets are expensive and not very fun at all when the spectators are being obnoxious for all the wrong reasons.
There's still stuff I need to figure out and none of it is easy, and when I do ask people for running advice, the answers (while very appreciated) tend to not sit well with me just because I have such a different approach to running than most people. So I have to make the decisions myself without help and that can be rough.
I get this. It's nice to be able to bounce ideas off people, but you also need to make the right decision for you.
Yes, that's right, I'm seeing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Wednesday. For $40. I'm excited.
How exciting. One of these days I want to see if, but I never seem to discover it's playing near me until too late.
My "I Solemnly Swear That I'm Up To No Good" shirt?
This gets my vote because it's such a fun quote. And having worn a "My Patronus is a Wookiee" shirt to Wizarding World and later on to Disneyland, I'm a firm believer in fun shirts that reference fandom. Let's just say that Chewbacca approves of being a patronus.

Sorry that you had a less than enjoyable playoff experience. I got to attend an A's playoff game many years ago (we knew one of their pitchers) and enjoyed the entire atmosphere, but as I remember it was a lot of people cheering for the A's and increased intensity because it was the playoffs. Nothing like what you experienced. Playoff tickets are expensive and not very fun at all when the spectators are being obnoxious for all the wrong reasons.
I was hoping for increased intensity of cheering and was pretty disappointed by my experience. I'm hoping it was just my section and not everywhere, but I'm still not happy with the experience.

This gets my vote because it's such a fun quote. And having worn a "My Patronus is a Wookiee" shirt to Wizarding World and later on to Disneyland, I'm a firm believer in fun shirts that reference fandom. Let's just say that Chewbacca approves of being a patronus.
I love fun patronus shirts. I saw a bunch of them when I was at Wizarding World and they're always super fun!
Thanks for the vote! I do really love that shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!