Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

hats.jpg
97a2274452f087a1d63af832205faa34.jpg

This is the type of wedding photos I recall seeing growing up (internet photos, not my family). In the late 80s my mom did alterations in a wedding dress store, so I got to play dress up in a more shiny satin with puffy sleeves and bow filled version while she was there working. It left an impression. So when I went to a shop and they pulled out bridesmaid dresses in the same color in an admittedly updated style, I still gagged.

I was in a wedding as a bridesmaid back in the late 70s. The bridesmaids were dressed in a similar rainbow color palate as the picture on the left (I was in baby blue), but to make it even more awesome, the dresses had HOOP SKIRTS!!! #notmakingitup

While I'm sure there's a wedding album somewhere with photographic evidence of this nightmare, I thankfully do not know where it exists.

I was in a wedding as a bridesmaid back in the late 70s. The bridesmaids were dressed in a similar rainbow color palate as the picture on the left (I was in baby blue), but to make it even more awesome, the dresses had HOOP SKIRTS!!! #notmakingitup

While I'm sure there's a wedding album somewhere with photographic evidence of this nightmare, I thankfully do not know where it exists.
Hoop skirts- harder to sit in, cooler and less scratchy than crinoline? I'm not sure which would be worse.
Almost as fun as the bridesmaids pics in family albums were the guy's outfits. It was lots of fun to thumb through these as a kid! I hope my kids find my friend's album someday where we were alternating in Red, White, & Blue (Independence day wedding) with lots of asymmetrical necklines and two pieces where someone's belly button ring (not mine!) was showing.

Play off tickets are so expensive. I don’t even want to look st red six tickets. And there are seats at Fenway behind a pole yes a pole and I’m sure they are still 100.

At least it wasn't the Cards... :rolleyes1:duck:

Wait, when did we start talking about the National League? How did I let this inferior league talk happen?

I am no help on naming shoes. Speaking of shoes I really need to get some.

Yes, you do.

If the Brewers make the playoffs (which is very likely at this point) I won't be going to the games but probably will be working them. We are very rarely a playoff team so I would definitely pony up the money if I wasn't working.

I feel like working games is probably very different than just watching. But yeah, your Brewers don't really see much playoff time. At least not without CC Sabathia. Sabathia is ours now and I'm not particularly willing to part with him (I don't hate him as much as some people), but if you need a pitcher, I am willing to part with Sonny Gray (him I hate).

Panda. We aren't friends anymore.
I'm not even much of a baseball fan and must sadly scratch Panda from my list of friends as well.

See, this is what happens when we talk about the National League!

hats.jpg
97a2274452f087a1d63af832205faa34.jpg

This is the type of wedding photos I recall seeing growing up (internet photos, not my family). In the late 80s my mom did alterations in a wedding dress store, so I got to play dress up in a more shiny satin with puffy sleeves and bow filled version while she was there working. It left an impression. So when I went to a shop and they pulled out bridesmaid dresses in the same color in an admittedly updated style, I still gagged.

Haha I've seen pictures of dressed like that ... now I get the aversion to peach bridesmaid dresses.

If you find this photographic evidence, please come back and post it.

Almost as fun as the bridesmaids pics in family albums were the guy's outfits. It was lots of fun to thumb through these as a kid! I hope my kids find my friend's album someday where we were alternating in Red, White, & Blue (Independence day wedding) with lots of asymmetrical necklines and two pieces where someone's belly button ring (not mine!) was showing.

Wedding pictures are fun.

Play off tickets are so expensive. I don’t even want to look st red six tickets. And there are seats at Fenway behind a pole yes a pole and I’m sure they are still 100.

Oh Fenway. They may actually charge more for playoffs tickets than the Yankees. (I've been on the tour of Fenway (not wearing a Yankees hat) but I've never been to a game there)

See, this is what happens when we talk about the National League!
Ouch. NL all the way.

TBH I bet they are more than that, because I would even buy $100 tickets behind a pole at Fenway during the playoffs and just stand around somewhere. Haha.

Don't forget where CC Sabathia started...
He was Cleveland's first.

We don't have much to brag about here, especially this year, but CC was a bright spot.

Thank you for starting CC's career and making him into the kind of pitcher that the Yankees wanted to acquire.

You mean the better league where pitchers still get to hit?

No, I mean the league where each team only has 8 batters and one dead spot in the lineup. And where people who haven't batted since college (if they even bat in college ... I don't know if they do) run the bases and get injured and are never the same again.

We nearly traded for Sonny Gray last year and I’m quite glad we didn’t.

I don't know that he would be terrible for you. He may just be one of those players that can't handle the pressure of playing in New York. But he certainly sucks for the Yankees. Ugh.

Thank you for starting CC's career and making him into the kind of pitcher that the Yankees wanted to acquire.

No, I mean the league where each team only has 8 batters and one dead spot in the lineup. And where people who haven't batted since college (if they even bat in college ... I don't know if they do) run the bases and get injured and are never the same again.

I don't know that he would be terrible for you. He may just be one of those players that can't handle the pressure of playing in New York. But he certainly sucks for the Yankees. Ugh.
Not ever pitcher is a dead spot. Personally I like that everyone hits. I do think the MLB should be universal in either everyone has a DH or nobody does though.

Definitely get that. We had Zack Greinke as well. He has anxiety and you can tell he went kind of down hill when he left us and went to bigger markets. We can never afford to keep good players for very long.

Not ever pitcher is a dead spot. Personally I like that everyone hits. I do think the MLB should be universal in either everyone has a DH or nobody does though.

Babe Ruth was not a dead spot when he was a pitcher.
In the minors everyone has a DH. Which is why if they make it universal, that's how they'd have to go. Either that or get rid of the DH in the minors. But it's ridiculous to have these guys through a minor league system where they don't hit and suddenly have them hit (although at some point in time there were leagues where there was no DH when two NL affiliates played each other - but I don't know if that still exists because I haven't seen it in a while).

We can never afford to keep good players for very long.

It's because nobody wants to live in Milwaukee :)

:rotfl2:
Seriously Cleveland has so many players across all sports that are ok here but go on to be awesome with other teams. Except NFL kicker Phil Dawson. He was always awesome here. Once he scored the majority, if not all, of the Brown's points in a game.

My city is sort of sad...

:rotfl2:
Seriously Cleveland has so many players across all sports that are ok here but go on to be awesome with other teams. Except NFL kicker Phil Dawson. He was always awesome here. Once he scored the majority, if not all, of the Brown's points in a game.

My city is sort of sad...

Speaking of the Browns ... are we thinking 0-15-1 record this season?

---

Non-Sports Related Comment:
I just saw an apartment listing that mentioned a tall super to change the lightbulbs in your high ceilings.
I don't need a tall super. I just need a high stool or a ladder. I'm an adult, I can change my own !&(# lightbulbs. I do it at home all the time.
Grr...

Wait, when did we start talking about the National League? How did I let this inferior league talk happen?
You mean the league where strategy actually matters. Just ask Tony LaRussa, who won a World Series in both leagues and said the National League game is better.

I feel like working games is probably very different than just watching.
It can be. I worked Events Staff in college so I ushered a lot of soccer and volleyball games including NCAA tournament games. I still got to watch most of the matches. As a side note, I think they liked putting me near the student section because I knew exactly how fast to be on the court after the game to discourage rushing the court. How did I know that? Because I had rushed the very same court my freshman year after a big comeback.

Ouch. NL all the way.
Senior Circuit all the way. I would get rid of the DH at all levels. I might allow it in the All Star Game, but that's it.

No comment. #PitchersCantHit
Madison Bumgarner says otherwise.

You mean the better league where pitchers still get to hit?
And the league where if you can't field very well, you don't play.

Hey now! The cards have had an immense amount of success. Let me bask in this glory for once.
I rather liked it when they blew a 3-1 series lead in the 2012 NLCS and lost the 2014 NLCS in 5 games both times to my Giants. And I liked it when they beat the Dodgers in the 2013 NL playoffs.

Ouch. NL all the way.

TBH I bet they are more than that, because I would even buy $100 tickets behind a pole at Fenway during the playoffs and just stand around somewhere. Haha.

You are correct. I just looked it up and tickets are $170 for the bleachers and $235 for real seats plus tax. It’s like $500 plus for two people. Plus parking Boston and eating. I’ll pass thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!