5 day passhopper, 6 days to fill, suggestions needed

christibelle

Earning My Ears
My family will be visiting Disney World for the first time during the first week in February (myself, my husband, my almost 4 year old daughter and my 1 1/2 year old son). We will be at the ALL STAR MOVIES resort. Excluding travel days, we will have 6 days at WD. We have 5 day passhoppers so I am looking for suggestions on what to do our 6th and final day (It will be a Friday). Thanks for you help.

Rest. We usually plan a day just for rest, pool (even though Feb. will be chilly) or resort hopping. I don't like every single day at the park. We just got back with 21 month old and 4 year old. Plan a day off. Have a great trip.

Don't make your last day there a non-park day. You've got Plusses, right? Do a water park mid-stay. Hit Down Town Disney, visit some other resorts you might want to use in the future, stroll through PI in the daytime if you can't get there for an adult night out. By all means, make your last day there a park day unless you have to get away before the day is done.

Bill From PA

I would suggest relaxing by the pool on your extra day. I also like to spend time at the Boardwalk.
ADP

I spent most of one day at Downtown Disney, but if you have transportation there are so many things to see around the Orlando area that you would need a number of weeks just to do that. Your parkhopper passes should let you see most everything during your stay and having the "relax" day is a good idea.
:smooth:

Definitely plan a non-park day. All of you will be tired of waiting in lines even if they aren't very long so I would suggest you plan your non-park day after 3 park days. Then you'll be more energized for the last two park days. Sleep late & relax at the pool, weather permitting, or go to Downtown Disney, the kids will enjoy the Legos and the new toy store. Or ride the monorail and visit the resorts--Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. Or go to Animal Kingdom and view the animals there. They have paths around the pool and in the back of the hotel with printed guides so you can identify the animals. CMs are also there to talk about the animals. Above all, try not to push yourself and your family to see it all in one trip. You'll burn yourselves out if you do. Enjoy yourself and have a great trip.

Donna

We often like to have a FW day. We go over there and go to the petting farm and see the horses used in WDW parades. We hike on the trails. You can even rent bikes or a pontoon boat. We love to eat breakfast or even lunch at Trail's end. Then, we have to stop in at the Chip and Dale Campfire Sing a long. Then, of course, we stay for the outdoor movie. The gift shops are very charming, as well.

If you have plus options we often use them in the middle of the stay and do a waterpark. After 2 or 3 days of park hopping a morning at a water park or even the resort pool and shopping at DTD in the evening is a great way to re-charge and still have fun. Lots of the resorts are worth a visit esp the boardwalk area, you could rent water sprites at the Poly or Contemporary or visit Ft Wilderness - lots of great things to do there.

How about a night at the Hoop De Doo or the Luau? All things I would do on a non-park day in the middle of the stay. FWIW our last full day is always a favorites day - usually two parks!

TJ

Like the other suggested Downtown disney is great, the movie theaters are top notch.

Since, it is your first trip take the day to visit the other resorts and check them out. Maybe you can get ideas for future vacations.

Do a DVC walk-through.

Have a nice lunch/dinner at a deluxe hotel restaurant (Artist Point is great, Ohana's is a lot of fun).

Go on a boat ride on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Go ride the monorail and wait for the front, no hurry to get anywhere so no time wasted. You can do this as part of your resort visits.

Play minature golf at Blizzard Beach or Fantasia gardens.

Relax by the pool.

Hangout at the Boardwalk.

Visit petting zoo at Fort Wilderness.

There a re a few more ideas to consider. there is so much to do at WDW besides the parks.

I don't have much to add to what has already been posted. We are usually worn out after 3 straight park days, so we like to have a non-park day during the middle of our visits. I also like to schedule the non-park day after a "long" day. A long day would be a day with at least one of the following: we use EE at a park, stay at the parks all day without a mid-day break, stay at a park late at night....

I think the above posts give TONS of great ideas! Did I see anyone say check out the Disney outlets in Orlando? If not, that's another option, that would allow you to save some $$ on souveniers as well.

I agree with everyone else about using this day mid-trip to reenergize you for the remaining park days!

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone!! I think we will have a resort hopping, rest day in the middle of the week. For some reason I was under the impression that the passhoppers had to be used on consecutive days. I appreciate all the excellent ideas. I definitely think we will be checking FW out (my kids will love the petting zoo and the campfire sing along)! If anybody knows of any other free little extras at the different resorts please let me know. Thanks again!

The Wilderness Lodge has a large screen television that is always playing Disney movies near the front desk. There is also a table of Lincoln Logs in the waiting area near the Whispering Canyons restaurant and the child care center has crafts for kids and their parents in the afternoon (free, but it might only be for hotel guests). The Contemporary also has a tv playing cartoons. I think it is near the snack bar. I know that I get clausterphobic if I'm stuck in the hotel room too long, so if you want to check out some resorts, those might be options.

Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat, and of course there is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

Downtown Disney has the dancing fountains. My son could play in them for hours. I think there is a play area in the Lego store too.

We saved our "rest" day for Friday this year because we were comming up on MLK week-end and knew the crowds would be higher on Friday. We however we so tired by then that we did not want to do too much. If the weather is warm enough for a afternoon swim that might be a favorite of the kids. We were never at the resort during the afternoon and night was too cool for swimming. Our DS loved that afternoon at the pool. We also save HDDR for this day and went to FW real early to check out the zoo and things. We too were at ASMo this year and took a bus to MK and caught the boat to FW. It was such a wonderful trip and one of our favorite"rides" of the week. With two that little, just don't try to do too much.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter