5 Days or More With Park Hopper Get Next Day Free

Bri036

Mouseketeer
Just booked a trip for late June and got a package for 2 with Park Hoppers at Pop Century. It stated online:

"And when you add a 5-day or longer ticket with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you get one more day added to the ticket, FREE!"

This extra day has not shown up on my reservation and I called to double check. Representative I talked to put me on hold for good while and then responds "it will be on your magic band". Still don't see it and that answer just didn't seem right to me.

Any thoughts?

There is nothing on a magic band other than an id number of the band. That id number is then associated with your MDE account and everything in it such as ADRs, FP+, room, etc.

I can't imagine that if it's not in MDE that it actually exists. I could be mistaken. Call again as CMs have been know to be wrong.

Just booked a trip for late June and got a package for 2 with Park Hoppers at Pop Century. It stated online:

"And when you add a 5-day or longer ticket with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you get one more day added to the ticket, FREE!"

This extra day has not shown up on my reservation and I called to double check. Representative I talked to put me on hold for good while and then responds "it will be on your magic band". Still don't see it and that answer just didn't seem right to me.

Any thoughts?
I think you are looking for the wrong thing. If I can explain
It could be the way they do these types of offers.
They will offer a 6 day ticket for the price of a 5, for instance. Or 8 day ticket for the cost of a 7, that type of thing.
The "extra" day may well all be hidden in the total cost. But if you booked a package it may be hard to figure out the break down.
How many days did you select when you booked your package? Can you find the price you paid for the tickets? If you can find it itemized anywhere that will likely show you that you paid less for the ticket, which where your free day comes in.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, if you would, post a link to the package you booked. Maybe some of us can look it over and see if we can figure out how they are doing it too

Oh, had one more thought. With a package you can't actually access your tickets until 60 days before you check in. Once that opens up, and you go in to book the FP, it may be that they show you have 6 days, vs 5 (or however many days you bought, plus 1) available to book

I bought tickets for 9 of us last year from Undercover Tourist. They were hoppers that had 4 paid days and 3 extra days free (what a deal!!). When I linked them to MDE all 7 days showed up no problem.
These are different as it's a promo through Disney rather than tickets you buy and add yourself. It's a package deal they have right now

When was this promo offered? I booked in March for July and have 5 day Park Hoppers but did not see this offer. We are there 7 days and a 6th would be nice just in case we feel like getting dinner somewhere of running off to a park for a half day or so.

I'm not sure how to tell when it started since it doesn't appear to be technically tied to a specific promo.

It is currently offered through the Family Summer Program OfferScreen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.38.12 AM.png

After reading this i chose the 5 day thinking a 6th would be added but now I'm unsure. Unable to find a breakdown however MDE has me having a 5 day ticket.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.45.30 AM.png

Edit: Also not shown in the above screen shot the park hopper option is added.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.41.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.41.12 AM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
It is currently offered through the Family Summer Program OfferView attachment 315654

After reading this i chose the 5 day thinking a 6th would be added but now I'm unsure. Unable to find a breakdown however MDE has me having a 5 day ticket.

View attachment 315657

Edit: Also not shown in the above screen shot the park hopper option is added.
I did find it and played around with it for a bit and couldn't find a break down either. It's really hard too since you can't tell based on room rates since you aren't certain the percentage the room is discounted, or at least I never am. They don't seem to be consistent, even in the same resort.
Can you see the Ticket on your Reservations and Ticket screen on MDE?
I think it does stand that you may well see a 6 day ticket when your 60 days opens up.
Surely someone else here has booked this promo. I saw it was also listed with the Sun & Fun promo (though that may not be the exact name but it's close)

Sadly, I'm not surprised at all that the CM you spoke with on the phone had no idea what they were talking about.

Another choice, call and act as if you want to book a brand new reservation. When you get to the part where they ask you about tickets, get them to explain the free day process (is it added at the time you go to book FP, or is it embedded in the discounts on the total?) if they can. Hopefully the person that is booking the reservation can answer questions, or find someone who can. When you get to the final spot, just tell them you'll need to call back later to finish booking. I wouldn't even address that you have another stay at first, give them a 2nd email address if they ask for one up front, so they can't find your existing MDE account. At least that's what I'd do, to try and find someone who knows the promo better.

Actually never did the math. Thanks. Mousesavers had listed the package as the exact same room only discount with full price tickets added on. I just took their word for it.

I have a trip booked for September. I booked 6 days of park hoppers, because that just happened to be how many days I needed. I wasn't even aware that there was a promo going on. When I checked MDE after booking, I noticed that my package had the wording for getting the 6th day free after booking 5 days of park hoppers.

So, could it be that you have to actually book 6 days of park hoppers and then the price will be adjusted to the price of 5 park hoppers? I would take a screenshot of what my MDE looks like but, of course, the website isn't working right now.

OK. I have spent some more time trying to figure out the package versus the room only option and have come out even more confused. The last 3 years I have booked room only, then added tickets. My math (which I keep thinking I'm missing a tax/fee/something) is showing that doing it room only and adding 6 day tickets thru Disney is actually about $45 dollars cheaper than a 6 day package. It also is showing that the 6 day Ticket with a room only reservation is actually $24.10 cheaper than booking the 5 day package I booked. Not really that big of a deal but it is blowing my mind. What could I be missing?

$1822.61 - Preferred room w/ 6 days of tickets with Room only Discount
$2022.25 - No discounts

The 6th day (ticket) free offer is only for stays until June 10th

upload_2018-4-12_21-45-51.png

So if you clicked on the deal with the 6th fay ticket discount, it would automatically revert to the standard room rate.

Last edited:
When was this promo offered? I booked in March for July and have 5 day Park Hoppers but did not see this offer. We are there 7 days and a 6th would be nice just in case we feel like getting dinner somewhere of running off to a park for a half day or so.

The 6h day free is only for stays prior to June 10th.

I was just on phone with another CM trying to get the extra day. She also said it was not for the time period that I am going. However, they sure give you the option to choose and state it on my dates.
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.13.37 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.10.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.10.38 PM.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 3
disney ticket.PNG

This is what my ticket looks like in the MDE app. But like I said, I couldn't break down the price for you and tell you if I really did get a 6th day free, as I didn't even know this promo was going on until my package was already booked, so I didn't play around with pricing beforehand.

My dates are September 4th through 12th, so the promo is running past June 10th. According to my tickets, at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter