$5 Disney gift cards

JulieODC

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if you can purchase $5 Disney gift cards onboard the ship?

$25 is the minimum online, and $15 in store.....but I heard you could get $5 at a resort hotel. Wondering if cruise ships might also offer smaller denomination gift cards?

You can use the disney gift card website to move balances of any amount between Gift cards. This might be the best way to do it, granted if they are a gift, it might be a bit more tricky. If you have 2 cards both $25, then you can make one of them $5 and the other $45. Or you can reuse old gift cards if you like as well.

$25 is the minimum online, and $15 in store.....but I heard you could get $5 at a resort hotel. Wondering if cruise ships might also offer smaller denomination gift cards?

I seem to recall that $15 is the minimum now at all Disney hotels/parks. Years ago (like 7), it used to be a $5 minimum, but that hasn't been like that in quite some time (at least 2 years)

I’ve been trying to think what a person could do with a $5 gift card. Depending upon where you use it it could be a problem.
If you use the online gift card site You can put up to $1000 on one card.
Perhaps you would like to get several $25 cards then move $20 of each cards balance onto a separate card to be used on your cruise?

Interesting math problem, but you could theoretically do it, provided they sell variable re-loadable GC at $15 min on the ship (not sure if they do) and still let you buy GC with GC (not sure if they still do). Just buy a $20 GC. Then use that to buy a $15 GC. You'll have one GC with $15 and one with $5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter