• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 Happy Days

So when do you think your next Disneyland trip will be??

Not sure about Disneyland. We had already started planning our first Disneyworld trip with some friends before we went on this trip, though. We are going to Disneyworld over Halloween in 2009. Halloween is Riley's favorite holiday, so that will be extra special. Her birthday is also right after Halloween.

I think we will get back to Disneyland this fall. We for sure want to do Sea World then, so we might as well do both. Right?!:rotfl:

What a great trip!
I am so sorry about the jerk on the plane. I know what it is like to have a fussy toddler on a plane. It really doesn't help when they the other passengers are rude.:hug: Please don't let that man ruin your memories.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

I don't think anything could ruin my memories. We had the absolute best time. I seriously loved every minute.

Not sure about Disneyland. We had already started planning our first Disneyworld trip with some friends before we went on this trip, though. We are going to Disneyworld over Halloween in 2009. Halloween is Riley's favorite holiday, so that will be extra special. Her birthday is also right after Halloween.

I think we will get back to Disneyland this fall. We for sure want to do Sea World then, so we might as well do both. Right?!:rotfl:

We just went to WDW in January. I hadn't been there since 1995 and my husband had never been before. It was a blast! We're hoping to get to Disneyland in late November or early December this year...if we can afford it.

I know it's over a year away...but you should definitely do a trip report for the WDW trip! :)

Loved your trip report. Tell your husband others have made similar parenting mistakes---Snow White's Scary Adventures has the word "Scary" in it for a reason!

As for the guy on the plane, so sad that had to happen at the end of the trip. I travel with my little ones (good flyers, generally very well behaved on planes) and I deal with this kind of thing all the time. There are many people who don't remember that they were ever children....or whose children were absolutely perfect, never made a noise, never kicked a seat (yeah right) so they can't understand why they should have to listen to other people's children. I've had people just look at us and ask to be moved and they don't even know if the kids are going to behave or not!:confused3

:grouphug:

Anyhow, fun trip report, makes me want to go to Disneyland!

Hi Trudy! Thanks for sharing your trip. Looks like you all had a great time and your family is just lovely! Also, I agree with everyone that the guy on the plane was a jerk. I'm sure if it wasn't your son, it would've been someone or something else.

DH and I are planning on taking our 2 nieces to Disneyland this fall. We would LOVE to stay on-site but unfortunately, can't afford it this time around. Did you enjoy the DL Hotel? Do you think you would stay there again? I would love to hear your thoughts. :goodvibes

We just went to WDW in January. I hadn't been there since 1995 and my husband had never been before. It was a blast! We're hoping to get to Disneyland in late November or early December this year...if we can afford it.

I know it's over a year away...but you should definitely do a trip report for the WDW trip! :)

I am working on reading your trip report, but keep getting side tracked by your house. I LOVE new houses. We have been in this one for three years. Maybe it is time to move again. :rotfl:
Share any tips you have for me about WDW.

Loved your trip report. Tell your husband others have made similar parenting mistakes---Snow White's Scary Adventures has the word "Scary" in it for a reason!

As for the guy on the plane, so sad that had to happen at the end of the trip. I travel with my little ones (good flyers, generally very well behaved on planes) and I deal with this kind of thing all the time. There are many people who don't remember that they were ever children....or whose children were absolutely perfect, never made a noise, never kicked a seat (yeah right) so they can't understand why they should have to listen to other people's children. I've had people just look at us and ask to be moved and they don't even know if the kids are going to behave or not!:confused3

:grouphug:

Anyhow, fun trip report, makes me want to go to Disneyland!

I haven't given Bob too hard of a time about the It's Tough to be a Bug show. What is kind of funny is Riley keeps on playing Disneyland and one of the attractions we always have to go to is that show. She just says that Hopper isn't in the show anymore. Golly, she is cute. :love:

I am pretty much over the guy on the plane. It still gets me upset, but you all have made me feel a lot better. He had to take his bad mood out on someone I guess.

Hi Trudy! Thanks for sharing your trip. Looks like you all had a great time and your family is just lovely! Also, I agree with everyone that the guy on the plane was a jerk. I'm sure if it wasn't your son, it would've been someone or something else.

DH and I are planning on taking our 2 nieces to Disneyland this fall. We would LOVE to stay on-site but unfortunately, can't afford it this time around. Did you enjoy the DL Hotel? Do you think you would stay there again? I would love to hear your thoughts. :goodvibes

Thanks!! We had the best time.

We loved staying at the DLH. I had heard mixed reviews (mostly on tripadvisor.com), so I was a little worried. However, it was amazing. We asked if we could have an early check in or a view room if possible. We had a 2 bedroom suite, and we had heard that early check in was not too likely with a 2 bedroom suite. However, they got us checked in by 1:30 and our room had a view of the waterfalls from oneside and DTD from the other. I watched the fireworks from our room the first night. We didn't pay extra for a view room- we just asked. We were in the Wonder tower. Most people on this board have said the Dream tower is the best. Maybe they are right, but I loved our room. I really liked being right above the waterfalls because the noise from them blocked out all the regular hotel noises you usually hear.

The housekeeping was amazing. We came back every day around noon for naps and the room was always tidy. There are no dinner tables in the suites, so there was always a little bit of cereal or whatever the kids had for breakfast on the floor before we left. Housekeeping always took care of it.

They were rehearsing Fantasmic one night at midnight. Bob called the front desk to ask if this would be happening every night. He wasn't calling to complain, just to ask. They apologized for our inconvinience and gave us 3 passes to Goofy's for breakfast. That is about $100 that they just gave us.

On top of everyone being super nice, I really loved all the Disney touches. Seeing Goofy in the lobby was really special. Kaleb loved the waterfalls and the Koi pond. Riley loved the Neverland pool and the princess story time shows.
It is an older hotel, so you have to be prepared for that. There was only one sink in the master bath as opposed to a dual sink. The shower was also a bath/shower combo. I do like having 5 piece master suite bathrooms at hotels, but I was okay without it.

I would love to stay there again. The only bad part about staying there is the walk through DTD. I didn't find the length of the walk bad at all. However, by the second day Riley was really interested in shopping at all the stores. :rotfl: Luckily she is pretty easily distracted this time, but next time she will be older.

I am working on reading your trip report, but keep getting side tracked by your house. I LOVE new houses. We have been in this one for three years. Maybe it is time to move again. :rotfl:
Share any tips you have for me about WDW.

I forget...have you been to WDW before at all?

What kinds of tips are you looking for? Not sure if I'd be much help since I've only been there a few times (and only once recently.) And I've never been there with small kids (except when I was one of them.)

I forget...have you been to WDW before at all?

What kinds of tips are you looking for? Not sure if I'd be much help since I've only been there a few times (and only once recently.) And I've never been there with small kids (except when I was one of them.)

We have not been to WDW, but the friends we are going with have been many times. We are just in the initial stages of the planning. So far all that has been decided is that we are going to try to get a 3 bedroom Gand Villa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for all of us to share. I am planning on getting the Unofficial Guide to start my planning soon. That is what I started with for our DL trip and it was a real help. I have looked at the WDW boards, but they are a little overwhelming since I don't even know what help I need yet. The DL board was so much easier with just one place to look. :laughing:

I did show the kids the pictures from your last update on your trip report. They recognized it as Disney and were pretty excited. :banana:

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my report. We had the best time and writing this report helped me relive it all again. I know that the kids may not remember everything about the trip, but I am so glad we decided to do our first family vacation in Disneyland. We will be returning many times and I am sure we will have many more treasured Disney memories. :love:

Here is one last picture of my kiddos the day we arrived in Disneyland. They were so excited to be there.

IMG_4380.jpg

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my report. We had the best time and writing this report helped me relive it all again. I know that the kids may not remember everything about the trip, but I am so glad we decided to do our first family vacation in Disneyland. We will be returning many times and I am sure we will have many more treasured Disney memories. :love:

Here is one last picture of my kiddos the day we arrived in Disneyland. They were so excited to be there.

IMG_4380.jpg

Your children are just too cute!!!!

Have fun planning your WDW trip! I'm excited for you. I agree...the WDW section of this board is a little insane. I bought the unofficial guide and i really liked it.

What a great picture to sum up the trip!! Even if it was taken at the beginning I bet that smile never left either of their faces! Great report! :thumbsup2

Your children are just too cute!!!!

Have fun planning your WDW trip! I'm excited for you. I agree...the WDW section of this board is a little insane. I bought the unofficial guide and i really liked it.

Thank you!! :hug:

What a great picture to sum up the trip!! Even if it was taken at the beginning I bet that smile never left either of their faces! Great report! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much. I love that picture. It was nice to see them so happy!! It makes it all worth it. :goodvibes

I cannot believe I forgot to write about our getting Dreamed. Well, here it is.

On our way through Downtown Disney Tuesday afternoon, Bob spots some members of the Dream Team standing right in front of the outdoor bar Catal. They are carrying really big duffel bags, so Bob immediately thinks something is up. I have never heard of anyone being Dreamed in DTD, so I just want to keep moving. Bob goes up to the Dream Team and asks how one goes about getting the dream ears. We know how one gets them. I think he was just hoping to be handed one right there. Anyway, I am ready to move on and get into the park, but Bob will not move. The Dream Team look at their watches. It is exactly 3:00. They then open their bags and hand us each dream ears and tell us “You have been Dreamed.” This was pretty exciting for us because that is the only souvenir that Bob really wanted. :cool1:

FYI- Kaleb and I saw the Dream team in front of Catal on Thursday at around noon handing out dream ears again. This might be a place to keep an eye on if you are interested in getting dream ears. :goodvibes

That is wonderful that your family got dreamed!

And as for that guy on the plane--I can understand someone saying something if a child was kicking a seat repeatedly, but one kick? Definitely a grumpster!

IMG_4398.jpg

Is it just me or do they have the same smile?

No, it's not just you! I was totally thinking that! As I was scrolling down to read I saw their smiles come up at the same time and thought to myself, "Her DD could grow up to be Alice, for sure!" :lmao:

You wrote a really great report.. I laughed in several places -which I love to do in trip reports! I read the part about your DD thinking that you were not going to be able to protect her from the Yeti :lmao:

Of course, less we remind her, he was the one who took her to see the scary bugs! :scared1: That would NOT have happened with Mommy! :rotfl2:

It looks like you guys had such a good time... I love, love, love the pic of your DS with Chip.. that is PRICELESS! So is the look on your DD's face after she pushed your DS away and is looking at him from safety of Goofy's loving arms.

Thanks for sharing!

No, it's not just you! I was totally thinking that! As I was scrolling down to read I saw their smiles come up at the same time and thought to myself, "Her DD could grow up to be Alice, for sure!" :lmao:

You wrote a really great report.. I laughed in several places -which I love to do in trip reports! I read the part about your DD thinking that you were not going to be able to protect her from the Yeti :lmao:

Of course, less we remind her, he was the one who took her to see the scary bugs! :scared1: That would NOT have happened with Mommy! :rotfl2:

It looks like you guys had such a good time... I love, love, love the pic of your DS with Chip.. that is PRICELESS! So is the look on your DD's face after she pushed your DS away and is looking at him from safety of Goofy's loving arms.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading my trip report. We had the best time. I am hoping we have as much fun on our upcoming trip. We leave tomorrow morning :goodvibes . Cannot wait. :yay:
The planning for this trip has been a lot different since the kids now know what to expect. Riley has told Bob which shows she will NOT be seeing- The Bug Show and the Muppet Show. She still hasn't forgiven him for that one :rotfl: .

I too love the picture of Kaleb with Chip. The characters at Goofy's were so much fun.

Gotta give you the official Pooh:

B O N V O Y A G E !

16.gif

She may surprise you with what she's interested in ... a whole LONG year has gone by.. many changes!

Have a MAGICAL Trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter