• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 in a 1 BR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmine206

Mouseketeer
I think this topic has been well discussed, but it never applied to me so I didn't pay much attention! Now that we are awaiting closing on 210 points at OKW, the question has come up re: a 3rd child. If we were to add to our family, does that mean that we would only be allowed to stay in a 2 or 3 BR villa? That would significantly limit our time there with our current number of points! I have 3 and 5 year old DDs who routinely spend most of the night in our King bed - vacationing with a child sleeping in our bed would not be a problem for us for many years to come...is it a problem for DVC? Again I know this topic has been out there frequently, so I appreciate any replies that can help us figure this out! :smooth:

The official limit (listed in the documents that you sign to purchase DVC) for a 1 bedroom is "4 plus a child under 3". You will not be in violation of the occupancy rules until your third child reaches his/her 3rd birthday. Maybe by then, you will be in a position to add on.

Here is a link to a recent occupancy topic over on the Debate Board:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53589

As you will see, it is still controversial and can get ugly fairly quickly.

We are in the same boat, as we are considering one more "family addition". While it is true that the DVC documents indicate 4 to a studio or one bedroom, it somehow seems unfair that the accomodations jump from 4 in the one bedroom, to 8 in the two bedroom. What about 5, 6, and 7??.:rolleyes:
We intend on utilizing a one bedroom if we were to have a family of five. I have read many of the posts concerning this, and some people feel it is a fire safety issue. However, I believe occupancy for fire safety compliance is based on square footage, number of exits, etc., not the number of beds available in a given room. Many of the resort rooms accommodate five adults and have less square footage than the DVC one bedrooms. I think it should be left up to each owner to decide. Remember, you want to consider your comfort level with this decision. You wouldn't want to have the equivalent of a circus clown car for a room!!!!:p :p :p
We are awaiting closing as well-----Enjoy!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The one bedroom units have an occupancy of limit of four plus a child under age 3.

This subject has previously been a very heated discussion on this board, and has, in fact, been banned from being opened again here.

There is a topic currently on the Debate Board entitled "One Over the Occupancy Limit" which you may want to visit if you desire discussing the issue further. Here is the link to that topic.

click here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter