5 most distinctive voice (singers all time)

What I've learned from this thread is more people need to listen to Nick Cave <3

I will admit I've never heard of him.

It's obvious from this thread that there are a lot of distinctive voices. A couple more I thought of that I don't think have been mentioned -

Joni Mitchell
Morrissey
Leonard Cohen
John Prine
Arlo Guthrie - I could go on and on...- Steve Goodman, Enya

I feel like some people are using this as a favorites list instead of the question about who has the most unique singing voice.

My picks:

Willie Nelson
Joe Cocker
Janis Joplin
Michael Jackson
John Lee Hooker

Bob Dylan. Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
Whiny Houston. Self explanatory.
Kim Karnes. Miss Raspy.
The Bee Gees. Tie those draw strings tight boys, you have to hit high A.
Ashley Simpson. She can't even carry a lip synch in a bucket. She was busted lip synching one song while another was playing.
Bjork. A cross between Yoko Ono and a wailing banshee. Ahhh but I digress.

Nobody has mentioned the inimitable Yoko Ono :rolleyes1

Ahem. Look up.

Of course Mick Jagger.

Frank Sinatra
Billie Holiday
Adam Duritz
Blossom Dearie (trust me on this one - you've probably heard her).

Almost anyone of a certain age who grew up in the US would know this:

I think Rod Stewart has a very distinctive voice - although in fairness Bryan Adams can sometimes sound similar!

And, Art Garfunkel...the voice of an angel.

I don’t know. To me, a distinctive voice will usually do one of two things . . . It will be so great that the person achieves lasting success, someone like a Celine Dion or a Michael Jackson, or a Cher, or a Freddy Mercury. Or, it’s so distinctively bad that they are a one and done but always associated with that specific song. I can picture a few music videos that fit the second category, but struggle to remember the artists names. But their voices were distinctive enough that I would recognize them right away and mute the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter