$50 says that they announce either the contemporary or AKL on the member cruise....

mj2vacation

I only work to afford my toys and travel!
anyone?
(of course, no real money as gambling would be illegal and frowned upon in every way shape and form)

I remember hearing that it might be built in Hawaii. Supposedly someone is putting in a really big aquarium. Maybe ? Maybe not.

mj2vacation said:
anyone?
(of course, no real money as gambling would be illegal and frowned upon in every way shape and form)

I'll take that bet.

The first official announcement of the Contemporary, AKL, Disneyland DVC, etc will be during the October press event.

I'll take that action too!

I also think that the announcement will come in October in conjunction with the start of the "Year of a Million Dreams" which begins October 1st.

I'm in on that action. I go with the press event for Year of a Million Dreams on 10/1, too. :teeth:

Not sure how accurate he info is but my dbf was talking to a CM in transportation and said that they had just found out that the new addition to the Contemporary is going to be DVC. But yet talking to some DVC people(the ones at the stands in the park) they would not confirm it.

I talked to the DVC people yesterday cause im planning on buying into saratoga springs and i talked to the lady for a while asking her some questions about when or how long it would be till saratoga sold out and they started selling new resorts... she said it would be about a year from now when the sold all of the springs but they had not confirmed the new location so i piped in the rumors of both the CR on AKL and she told me they havent heard a single thing on any of the new resorts... she said it would be prob a few months before they hear anything new...

I'll take your (fake) money...I think they will anounce it in October...Not on the Member Cruise. Lets make it 5000.00 fake dollars this way I can add on 50 fake points at CRV......

I am not a gambler.... so with that, I don't think the member cruise will be the announcement point. I think too, that it will be at the October press event, and I think it will be...... gosh, I don't know... I think it will be VWL or CR... or maybe both. I know I just cheated, but I truly don't know. Both must be on the horizon. Why can't Disney's America happen somewhere? It seemed like the perfect solution.

I am now going to concentrate on VERO BEACH... Because that is where I will be this time next week! :banana:

I would bet not on the cruise.

Last year, Jim Lewis was really good at giving us non-answers to those kinds of questions. I'm betting that will be the same this cruise -- if he's even cruising with us.

mj2vacation said:
anyone?

I want a piece of this action as well.

Disney still has a bunch of SSR left to sell and I think such an announcement would slow the sales for SSR (I AM NOT BASHING SSR BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING)

Steamboat Bill said:
What if they announce a new DCL ship only for DVC members...."Welcome Onboard"

How awesomne would THAT be?!?! :goodvibes

But count me among those who think it will be announced at the Oct. press event. And I'll go one step further and state that I bet they will be announcing that it will be in DL in CA. I know the CR and VAKL have been the hot rumors recently (especially since the drawings for the proposed CR DVC were posted...and pulled from their original site), but we all know about tons of plans that were never realized.

How about Hawaii in Dec.....

although I want a CRV a whole lot.... mother is not going to be around much longer. I really want her to stay at her favorite resort as a DVC resort before she dies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter