50 Years of Disneyland Memories

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I am in a nostalgic mood. What is your first Disneyland memory?

We have a picture from my first visit to Disneyland. I think it was taken on Tom Sawyer Island or maybe Frontierland. I am standing with my yellow blankie (about 2 or 3 years old) and my favorite person at Disneyland that day - a ranger/security person in a blue uniform. I remember how nice he was to me when I got "lost". Other kids have their picture taken with the characters, I chose the ranger. :)

How about your first Disneyland memory?

I know my parents took me when I was young, but I don't really remember it. The first trip I remember, I was about 12 and we stayed at the DL Hotel. I remember just walking right out to the monorail. Not nearly as far as you have to walk now to get to it. For the last few years, I keep fighting with folks because I swear you could catch the monorail right in the hotel. Everyone keeps saying they did not move the monorail station at all. Finally someone admitted, that they tore down one of the buildings at the hotel. I knew I wasn't going crazy.

My first DL memory is being pushed in my stroller in the parking lot when I was 2. I don't remember the park at all, though I've seen the pictures. Next time I was there I was 6 and I remember riding Space Moutain. It was our first ride of the day and I remember standing in line wondering why all those people on the ride were screaming. I got on the ride and laughed the whole way through and still wondered why they were screaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter